1041 replies to this topic

#61 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

3-1 kings it doesn't matter whose in net for me anymore goaltending is not the issue on this team....our defence is.

Edited by Mclean1, 28 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#62 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Can anyone suggest a good online streaming feed of the game that is not game center live?
I'm in desperate straights with currently no options to watch the game tonight.

#63 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just hoping we can play well for a full 60 minutes tonight.

#64 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

No stupid penalties please, we saw what it did to the Ducks when we beat them, and what it did to us last game against the Sharks. Quick hasn't been nearly as effective as he was in the playoffs, so we should be able to score more (barring we don't hit 100 posts).

Prediction- 3-2 win.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#65 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Roberto will show us all why av should be fired for taking him out of the series last year.

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#66 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

What concerns me most about this team is their apparent perception of how they are playing.

Daniel - doesn't think they played bad after the first 5 minutes and they played the way they want to. WTF?!! 7 PPs and he has 0 shots and thats the way they want to play?!! If it weren't for Clowe destroying the SJS momentum, Lord knows what the outcome would have been.

AV - thinks they pushed back and responded well. This was true until Max's brain cramp! After that it was like watching the Keystone cops.

Cory - He actually believes he was maybe to blame for not stopping the second goal. Talk about taking one for the team.

I think this team's approach to the game is too businesslike and not sports-minded. By that I mean, they always talk about getting the "W" as though it was a profit margin. Listening to guys like Doughty, he isn't talking about the "W" for tonight's game, he's talking about taking down the Nucks. He wants to win but he's focused on "beating" the other team and sending a message.

I think our group reflects the calm, unemotional approach of the Sedins and have lost the focus of the game which is to BEAT the other team. Beating a tream badly sends a message and pays dividends for later meetings. Always scraping by with a one goal win in a close battle sends the wrong message and gives other teams hope.

This team has the talent...does it have the emotion, drive and attitude to be a winner? ...not so far.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#67 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

What concerns me most about this team is their apparent perception of how they are playing.

Daniel - doesn't think they played bad after the first 5 minutes and they played the way they want to. WTF?!! 7 PPs and he has 0 shots and thats the way they want to play?!! If it weren't for Clowe destroying the SJS momentum, Lord knows what the outcome would have been.

AV - thinks they pushed back and responded well. This was true until Max's brain cramp! After that it was like watching the Keystone cops.

Cory - He actually believes he was maybe to blame for not stopping the second goal. Talk about taking one for the team.

I think this team's approach to the game is too businesslike and not sports-minded. By that I mean, they always talk about getting the "W" as though it was a profit margin. Listening to guys like Doughty, he isn't talking about the "W" for tonight's game, he's talking about taking down the Nucks. He wants to win but he's focused on "beating" the other team and sending a message.

I think our group reflects the calm, unemotional approach of the Sedins and have lost the focus of the game which is to BEAT the other team. Beating a tream badly sends a message and pays dividends for later meetings. Always scraping by with a one goal win in a close battle sends the wrong message and gives other teams hope.

This team has the talent...does it have the emotion, drive and attitude to be a winner? ...not so far.

I agree, I'd love some accountability. I just wonder when the real wake up call will be? This team has the tools and when they finally put them all together it's going to be nasty.

Win or Lose (Although I predicted a loss) I just want a solid 60 minute effort.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#68 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

2-1 kings..

The canucks will have sparse scoring oppertunites due to the stellar goaltending of Quick and the tight, agressive checking system they run. I believe the canucks can beat LA but I don't see it happening tonight with Kesler/Booth out. Our line up right now is small.

#69 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Re-match, revenge, vengeance retribution i can go on and on ... I really want canucks to win tonight against LA kings.
Posted Image

#70 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Your exactly right DIBdaQuib, it's to business like and no fun, This team needs to bring back the fun.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 28 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#71 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

CDC main page lineup shows Volpatti - Malhota - Ebbett as the 4th line, Max is scratched and Schneider starts.
Posted Image

#72 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,818 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

CDC main page lineup shows Volpatti - Malhota - Ebbett as the 4th line, Max is scratched and Schneider starts.

the cdc line up is notorious for poor updates. better to follow media tweets.

lui will be in net.
Posted Image

#73 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

the cdc line up is notorious for poor updates. better to follow media tweets.

lui will be in net.

lui in net and max playing per tsn

#74 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

1-0 Kings.

Luongo 46 saves.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#75 panelguy

panelguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Lets see if they have a better start than the last few games because if they can't get up for this game , nothing is going to motivate them.

#76 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,630 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Roberto will show us all why av should be fired for taking him out of the series last year.

Whatever apollo.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#77 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Lets see if they have a better start than the last few games because if they can't get up for this game , nothing is going to motivate them.

Yah I really hope everyone was taking it easy last night to play good against the recent champs.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#78 MarchandSucks

MarchandSucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

This is gonna be feisty. I'm expecting a couple fights and a lot of scrums. Should be a good one.
Go Canucks Go!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Mode 2015-2016
Toews 90 Stamkos 92 Kucherov 88
Mantha 83 Henrik 90 Lecavalier 85
Glencross 80 Thompson 74 Ranford 76
Richard 64 Lindholm 61 Connolly 74
Barberio 85 Jones 84
Morrow 75 Spurgeon 85
Methot 78 Streit 84
MIller 86
Hellberg 70

#79 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Drew Doughty already talking smack ... ( see iain macintyre's twitter...)

Anyone want to see a Bieksa Doughty scrap?
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#80 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

this one is tough. i hope lui isn't in net tonight. la is definitely going to light the lamp if that's the case. maybe all the crap about trading lu isn't true anymore? a true back up, starting to look like johan hedberg. i hope kassian doesnt' fight tonight. id hate to lose this kid to a stupid injury or concussion, because he has a huge heart and passion to play. sedins. i dont even know what to say about these guys, they are starting to wear off on the rest of the team though. beat the kings. don't just get the w.

go schneids.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#81 MarchandSucks

MarchandSucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

this one is tough. i hope lui isn't in net tonight. la is definitely going to light the lamp if that's the case. maybe all the crap about trading lu isn't true anymore? a true back up, starting to look like johan hedberg. i hope kassian doesnt' fight tonight. id hate to lose this kid to a stupid injury or concussion, because he has a huge heart and passion to play. sedins. i dont even know what to say about these guys, they are starting to wear off on the rest of the team though. beat the kings. don't just get the w.

go schneids.

He is.
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Mode 2015-2016
Toews 90 Stamkos 92 Kucherov 88
Mantha 83 Henrik 90 Lecavalier 85
Glencross 80 Thompson 74 Ranford 76
Richard 64 Lindholm 61 Connolly 74
Barberio 85 Jones 84
Morrow 75 Spurgeon 85
Methot 78 Streit 84
MIller 86
Hellberg 70

#82 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Drew Doughty already talking smack ... ( see iain macintyre's twitter...)

Anyone want to see a Bieksa Doughty scrap?

Kassian vs Doughty :towel:

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#83 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

OUT OF NOWHERE Vandermeer lines up on our 4th.

Brawl fest with Kassian, Volpatti, Vandermeer, Bieksa, and Luongo all dropping the mitts. At once. To pummel Dustin Brown simultaneously.

/hope

I too want 60 mins of good hockey, win or lose.

#84 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Whatever apollo.

It's a fact that he was the canucks best player in the first two games of that series. It's just a fact and anyone that watched those games Who has some hockey sense could tell you that.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#85 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Finally a Canucks game on TSN! :towel:

307mg00.jpg

#86 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

What concerns me most about this team isn't goaltending, but rather our lack of purpose & aim on our attack. When the Sharks gained our zone, they skated with purpose and moved the puck with a target in mind. When we gained the Shark's zone, however, it looked rather aimless and random, like they were hoping someone would somehow get a clear shot but didn't really have a plan in mind. Exception would be Hansen's line.
Posted Image

#87 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Vandameer should have played last nite. What a stupid decision top put Ebbet in there.

#88 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Got a bad feeling bout this one.think la are still in our heads after last year.hope I'm wrong

5-2 kings
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#89 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,219 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

The game is at 730...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#90 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

It's a fact that he was the canucks best player in the first two games of that series. It's just a fact and anyone that watched those games Who has some hockey sense could tell you that.

I take it you didn't make your school's debating team?!!

Including some rationale or statistical data supporting your opinion might give you some credibility. Not much, but some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.