The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - 01.28.13 - VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ LOS ANGELES KINGS -- TSN

allkill326

No stupid penalties please, we saw what it did to the Ducks when we beat them, and what it did to us last game against the Sharks. Quick hasn't been nearly as effective as he was in the playoffs, so we should be able to score more (barring we don't hit 100 posts).

Prediction- 3-2 win.

What concerns me most about this team is their apparent perception of how they are playing.

Daniel - doesn't think they played bad after the first 5 minutes and they played the way they want to. WTF?!! 7 PPs and he has 0 shots and thats the way they want to play?!! If it weren't for Clowe destroying the SJS momentum, Lord knows what the outcome would have been.

AV - thinks they pushed back and responded well. This was true until Max's brain cramp! After that it was like watching the Keystone cops.

Cory - He actually believes he was maybe to blame for not stopping the second goal. Talk about taking one for the team.

I think this team's approach to the game is too businesslike and not sports-minded. By that I mean, they always talk about getting the "W" as though it was a profit margin. Listening to guys like Doughty, he isn't talking about the "W" for tonight's game, he's talking about taking down the Nucks. He wants to win but he's focused on "beating" the other team and sending a message.

I think our group reflects the calm, unemotional approach of the Sedins and have lost the focus of the game which is to BEAT the other team. Beating a tream badly sends a message and pays dividends for later meetings. Always scraping by with a one goal win in a close battle sends the wrong message and gives other teams hope.

This team has the talent...does it have the emotion, drive and attitude to be a winner? ...not so far.

What concerns me most about this team is their apparent perception of how they are playing.

Daniel - doesn't think they played bad after the first 5 minutes and they played the way they want to. WTF?!! 7 PPs and he has 0 shots and thats the way they want to play?!! If it weren't for Clowe destroying the SJS momentum, Lord knows what the outcome would have been.

AV - thinks they pushed back and responded well. This was true until Max's brain cramp! After that it was like watching the Keystone cops.

Cory - He actually believes he was maybe to blame for not stopping the second goal. Talk about taking one for the team.

I think this team's approach to the game is too businesslike and not sports-minded. By that I mean, they always talk about getting the "W" as though it was a profit margin. Listening to guys like Doughty, he isn't talking about the "W" for tonight's game, he's talking about taking down the Nucks. He wants to win but he's focused on "beating" the other team and sending a message.

I think our group reflects the calm, unemotional approach of the Sedins and have lost the focus of the game which is to BEAT the other team. Beating a tream badly sends a message and pays dividends for later meetings. Always scraping by with a one goal win in a close battle sends the wrong message and gives other teams hope.

This team has the talent...does it have the emotion, drive and attitude to be a winner? ...not so far.

2-1 kings..

The canucks will have sparse scoring oppertunites due to the stellar goaltending of Quick and the tight, agressive checking system they run. I believe the canucks can beat LA but I don't see it happening tonight with Kesler/Booth out. Our line up right now is small.

this one is tough. i hope lui isn't in net tonight. la is definitely going to light the lamp if that's the case. maybe all the crap about trading lu isn't true anymore? a true back up, starting to look like johan hedberg. i hope kassian doesnt' fight tonight. id hate to lose this kid to a stupid injury or concussion, because he has a huge heart and passion to play. sedins. i dont even know what to say about these guys, they are starting to wear off on the rest of the team though. beat the kings. don't just get the w.

go schneids.

Archived