Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

POPULAR

I can guarantee you that if it was Luongo today, there will be hundreds of threads asking for him to be traded and how much he sucks as a goalie.

The invincible Schneiderman wasn't so invincible after all. I hope this game finally puts to rest how "superior" Schneider is to Luongo and that Luongo should be Booed and kicked out of Vancouver.

#2 NucksBrass

NucksBrass

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

who fuk is shneidreman? we neeed nabokov an jovanovski for cup

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,130 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

who fuk is shneidreman? we neeed nabokov an jovanovski for cup

Obvious troll is obvious.

307mg00.jpg

#4 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

:bored:

#5 NucksBrass

NucksBrass

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

it is tru we need kovalev n jovanovski i tell u i kno this they want play vancover an they perfomr in playoff i kno thing like this i am frend with mark gillis he tel me thing

#6 runlsd

runlsd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

POPULAR

there will be times when Schneider will take the blame.

but tonight, our top four d-men played a terrible game. our forwards weren't potent on the powerplay.

hard to blame Schneider for this one.

#7 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

POPULAR

I won't blame him because I wouldn't have blamed Luongo in the same situation.

The defense apparently played like garbage (couldn't watch it, just saw highlights), and San Jose had some good puck movement.

That said, the people who claim he played well (ie. Nino), make me sick. Schneider was by no means good at all. If he is to take Luongo's job, starts like this are not acceptable. If he is supposed to take Luongo's job, he should have stole this game for us. However, the offense couldn't get it done and this is Schneider's 3rd start, so we reserve judgement.

P.S. The 3rd goal was pathetic, though.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,521 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Could this (and all the other threads) not just go in the PGT? Maybe in the Luongo thread (now in version 5.0)?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#9 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Why? Do you want people to blame him? I thought some people where wanting us to support our goalies no matter what and when we do there are complaints?

can't win, it seems

Edited by TimberWolf, 27 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#10 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I can guarantee you that if it was Luongo today, there will be hundreds of threads asking for him to be traded and how much he sucks as a goalie.

The invincible Schneiderman wasn't so invincible after all. I hope this game finally puts to rest how "superior" Schneider is to Luongo and that Luongo should be Booed and kicked out of Vancouver.

Because today, it wasn't his fault. First two goals are terrible giveaways. The PP goal, the team couldn't get the puck out once and Schneider nearly killed the entire penalty by himself.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#11 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

POPULAR

Schneider wasn't the issue, as Luongo was never the issue before, just stupid fans who jump the gun and pin the blame where it is easiest without considering what actually happened.

Don't worry if Schneider has a bad game there will be people blaming him (mostly Luongo lovers who can't accept he is on his way out but still)

zackass.png

#12 doobie

doobie

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Give it some time, no one blamed Luongo the first year or 2. The truly stupid fan base will show themselves soon enough.

#13 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

POPULAR

People complain about people NOT complaining?
This is new.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#14 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I won't blame him because I wouldn't have blamed Luongo in the same situation.

The defense apparently played like garbage (couldn't watch it, just saw highlights), and San Jose had some good puck movement.

That said, the people who claim he played well (ie. Nino), make me sick. Schneider was by no means good at all. If he is to take Luongo's job, starts like this are not acceptable. If he is supposed to take Luongo's job, he should have stole this game for us. However, the offense couldn't get it done and this is Schneider's 3rd start, so we reserve judgement.

P.S. The 3rd goal was pathetic, though.

Thanks for the shout out. Re watch the game, he played well, not his best game but still it was not a stinker and he held us in it till the third despite the fact SJ looked like they were toying with us in the offensive zone most of the game. That all we can ask of our goalies, hold us in the games and give the team a chance to win.

#15 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Ever since the season started people have been starting to put the blame on Schneider since he is our starter now.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#16 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

People complain about people NOT complaining?
This is new.

The funny part of it is that some are complaining, apparently the OP wants more.

#17 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Ever since the season started people have been starting to put the blame on Schneider since he is our starter now.

It's just bitter Lou lovers, not real complaining.

#18 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Because he hasn't been our starter long enough yet, give it time

#19 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

POPULAR

Thanks for the shout out. Re watch the game, he played well, not his best game but still it was not a stinker and he held us in it till the third despite the fact SJ looked like they were toying with us in the offensive zone most of the game. That all we can ask of our goalies, hold us in the games and give the team a chance to win.

It wasn't meant as a personal jab. I saw various posts like yours but yours was the first one I saw and well, the name was not hard to remember..

I never claimed he put up a stinker. I said that to suggest that he played fine is wrong. He wasn't the cause for this loss but he didn't do much to prevent it either. The Pavelski goal was 100% on Edler, but the shot was still savable. The first and 3rd goal were direct results of SJ moving the puck around, though Schneider did shove the puck in himself for no reason. The 4th goal was a nice shot, though still not unstoppable.

Honestly, he was average tonight. He was very average, at least for Canucks standards, and especially if you're going to be taking Roberto Luongo's starting job. This start simply can't be considered a "fine" game if he is our future starter. This sort of game was exactly why Luongo was hated on last year. He wouldn't play badly, but he wouldn't steal us the game. I'm starting to see another double standard.

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image

#20 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

You can't say Schnieder played well, but he didn't play like crap either. It was an average game, maybe could have stopped one or 2 of those goals you can say, but still doesn't matter because we only scored 1 goal. Got scored on early, kept it at 2-1 for a while but eventually got to 4-1. Overall, not all on him when you don't score more than 1. Team couldn't win a game for the goalie as usual.

But this type of game with Luongo in net, all blame on him, defense and team up front would always get ignored and Lu is blammed for not stealing it. I think now all fans realize Schnieder won't steal games every night and so far hasn't because he has't needed to. Now these fans will look closer at the team up front.

Edited by cmpunk, 28 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#21 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

This game was not to blame on Cory. Though I agree there is a big difference in reaction between Lu loses and Cory loses. Even when neither goalie was to blame

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#22 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I was just making that EXACT same point in another thread. It's not fair. But life isn't fair. The people who are crying for Lu's head are a loud and ignorant bunch.

Cory wasn't the main reason we lost tonight, but he certainly didnt help our cause too much. Played average, but that's simply not good enough for somebody who is trying to be the starter. To be fair, the giveaways, multiple posts and 0/7 on the PP did us in!

#23 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

It wasn't meant as a personal jab. I saw various posts like yours but yours was the first one I saw and well, the name was not hard to remember..

I never claimed he put up a stinker. I said that to suggest that he played fine is wrong. He wasn't the cause for this loss but he didn't do much to prevent it either. The Pavelski goal was 100% on Edler, but the shot was still savable. The first and 3rd goal were direct results of SJ moving the puck around, though Schneider did shove the puck in himself for no reason. The 4th goal was a nice shot, though still not unstoppable.

Honestly, he was average tonight. He was very average, at least for Canucks standards, and especially if you're going to be taking Roberto Luongo's starting job. This start simply can't be considered a "fine" game if he is our future starter. This sort of game was exactly why Luongo was hated on last year. He wouldn't play badly, but he wouldn't steal us the game. I'm starting to see another double standard.

The double standard will become more evident as time goes on. The gap will grow between the haters and the logical fans.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#24 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

can't blame him today... garrison and edler gave away puck on the 1st 2 goal.. and 3rd goal went off marleau skate...

#25 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Keep him in net. The bandwagoneers will be wringing out their moist panties in frustration.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#26 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

can't blame him today... garrison and edler gave away puck on the 1st 2 goal.. and 3rd goal went off marleau skate...

And then sat there before Schneider pushed it in. It was a natural reaction, the puck is sitting in front of a wide open goal, so you would obviously try to move your arm to block it. But, I don't know how he missed the puck. I believe it was because he is technique first. That's a reaction you take in that specific situation. If he was more of a reactionary goalie, I think he might have got it.

Posted Image

#27 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm not going to blame Schneider for the loss. I think what the OP is trying to say is that Luongo would have been blamed if he was in the same scenario as Schneider. So why is Schneider, the man who is replacing Luongo, free from blame?

Yes, a couple of goals tonight were from giveaways but I'd like to clarify that a giveaway does NOT mean that the shot is not saveable. In fact, I'd say that the first three goals could have been saved by Schneider.

However, it is nice to see Vancouver fans supporting their goalie again. it just seems unfair that there is a "double standard" (as mentioned by Lord of Brussels). Fans seem to have higher expectations for Luongo than Schneider which may not necessarily be a good thing.

Do we have higher expectations for Luongo because of what he did in the past? Is it because he is the better goalie? Or is it just because people don't like Luongo and want to make excuses to run him out of town? If the first two reasons are true, the Canucks are in trouble because we are getting close to trading away the "better" goalie.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#28 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

All young goalies experience consistency issues varying on severity. Schneider is no different.

The difference is Luongo is a veteran and has proven to be mentally fragile. Schneider has already shown he can bounce back from poor starts.

Now he has to prove he can be a starter and play consistently.

Edited by Terry Crews, 28 January 2013 - 12:23 AM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#29 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Goal 1: Weak clear by Garrison which goes straight to Thornton who buries it.

Goal 2: Edler puts it right on the tape of Pavelski in the slot, buries it.

Goal 3: Couple deflections, bounces behind Schneid's who batted it in with his glove. Not entirely his fault, probably wants that one back.

Goal 4: PP slap shot far side through somewhat of a screen. Again, not on Schneids, but definitely could have been stopped.

So in conclusion, 2 of the 4 were 100% not his fault. The other 2 were iffy's.

Who in their right mind is going to rag a goalie for giving up 2 goals? Outside of Vancouver that is.

Give me a break :bored:

#30 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Just because people unfairly tear Luongo a new arsehole doesn't mean the same needs to happen to this 'Schneiderman' fellow.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.