The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?

Makall

I can guarantee you that if it was Luongo today, there will be hundreds of threads asking for him to be traded and how much he sucks as a goalie.

The invincible Schneiderman wasn't so invincible after all. I hope this game finally puts to rest how "superior" Schneider is to Luongo and that Luongo should be Booed and kicked out of Vancouver.

I won't blame him because I wouldn't have blamed Luongo in the same situation.

The defense apparently played like garbage (couldn't watch it, just saw highlights), and San Jose had some good puck movement.

That said, the people who claim he played well (ie. Nino), make me sick. Schneider was by no means good at all. If he is to take Luongo's job, starts like this are not acceptable. If he is supposed to take Luongo's job, he should have stole this game for us. However, the offense couldn't get it done and this is Schneider's 3rd start, so we reserve judgement.

P.S. The 3rd goal was pathetic, though.

There is a huge difference in the two. Even though Schneids is giving up the goals, he is getting beaten by great shots in high scoring areas. He is not beating himself by being out of position or playing the shots poorly. The first 2 last night were point blank and redirects on giveaways. Two were powerplay goals,. We , as a team, are giving up way too many high percentage scoring opportunities. The problem with Lou, is that he gives up more bad goals by poor positioning and technique. Sometime you have to look at the whys and hows. not the results.

And then sat there before Schneider pushed it in. It was a natural reaction, the puck is sitting in front of a wide open goal, so you would obviously try to move your arm to block it. But, I don't know how he missed the puck. I believe it was because he is technique first. That's a reaction you take in that specific situation. If he was more of a reactionary goalie, I think he might have got it.

Luongo went through a patch where his fundamentals went to crape and he looked terrible with the flopping, and letting in bad goals ... at bad times.

Schnieder hasn't had the opportunity to melt down yet.

All in all I wish people would let this stupid contorversey die. We have two awesome goalies. Schneider is younger and better technically while Lou is a consistent elite goalie.

good for you, you can read a scoreboard.. next time try watching the game.

he had a solid game in net. made some good saves. played the puck well.

as for the third goal. watch it again. it was kicked in. not deflected with a skate. the puck was heading 180degs away from the net. the skate moved and kicked it with the heel.

good for you, you can read a scoreboard.. next time try watching the game.

he had a solid game in net. made some good saves. played the puck well.

as for the third goal. watch it again. it was kicked in. not deflected with a skate. the puck was heading 180degs away from the net. the skate moved and kicked it with the heel.

It won't take long. Just a few seasons ago Captain Luo was savior of the franchise.

I can see this whole fiasco going one of 2 ways.

MG Deals Luo Before the deadline for the best offer he can get. Fans go crazy because he couldn't get a high profile prospect and a top 6 fwd +++. Fans call for his head. Hockey club starts a decline having not acquired a legit 1st line prospect on an EL contract. Schneids is run out of town. Luo goes on to win the Cup the Vezna and the Rocket Richard trophy (worked on his shot while he was a backup in Van).

OR

MG Waits and waits and waits for the perfect Luo deal.......Until the off season when the cap goes down. He has to buyout both Booth and Ballard (Might not be the worst thing). Luongos value decreases further due to being a backup and MG's weak position having to make the cap. The phone rings with an offer for Schniderman As his value is increased with 110 games on his resume now having proved he can be a starter. MG gets the players he wants in the deal but for Schnids. Fans call for MG's head. Canucks organization goes back to the original plan for Lack to be the next franchise goaltender and the Aquellini's are happy because they like Luo. Canucks continue to be a dominant regular season team and make the playoffs every year.

I don't think anyone can dispute that Lu is the better goalie when he is on top of his game. When he is hot he steals games and plays lights out. The problem with Lu is that when it comes to big games and high pressure situations he chokes and lets his team and fan base down when everything is on the line. This hasn't just happened once or twice but over and over, year after year.

Corey is a decent goalie, not bad, not great, but he has proven to be consistent. I personally would rather have a goalie that I can rely on to make the easy saves and lets in 2 or 3 on a regular basis than one who plays lights out one night and lets in 7 or 8 the next night.

Obviously the Sharks are on a roll right now and are getting good bounces. Had a couple of the 5 goal posts for the Canucks went in it could have been an entirely different game. That is one of the great things about hockey. A presidents trophy winner can can lose to a basement dweller on any given night, it just depends on who gets the lucky bounces.

Archived