The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?

Makall

I was just making that EXACT same point in another thread. It's not fair. But life isn't fair. The people who are crying for Lu's head are a loud and ignorant bunch.

Cory wasn't the main reason we lost tonight, but he certainly didnt help our cause too much. Played average, but that's simply not good enough for somebody who is trying to be the starter. To be fair, the giveaways, multiple posts and 0/7 on the PP did us in!

It wasn't meant as a personal jab. I saw various posts like yours but yours was the first one I saw and well, the name was not hard to remember..

I never claimed he put up a stinker. I said that to suggest that he played fine is wrong. He wasn't the cause for this loss but he didn't do much to prevent it either. The Pavelski goal was 100% on Edler, but the shot was still savable. The first and 3rd goal were direct results of SJ moving the puck around, though Schneider did shove the puck in himself for no reason. The 4th goal was a nice shot, though still not unstoppable.

Honestly, he was average tonight. He was very average, at least for Canucks standards, and especially if you're going to be taking Roberto Luongo's starting job. This start simply can't be considered a "fine" game if he is our future starter. This sort of game was exactly why Luongo was hated on last year. He wouldn't play badly, but he wouldn't steal us the game. I'm starting to see another double standard.

I'm not going to blame Schneider for the loss. I think what the OP is trying to say is that Luongo would have been blamed if he was in the same scenario as Schneider. So why is Schneider, the man who is replacing Luongo, free from blame?

Yes, a couple of goals tonight were from giveaways but I'd like to clarify that a giveaway does NOT mean that the shot is not saveable. In fact, I'd say that the first three goals could have been saved by Schneider.

However, it is nice to see Vancouver fans supporting their goalie again. it just seems unfair that there is a "double standard" (as mentioned by Lord of Brussels). Fans seem to have higher expectations for Luongo than Schneider which may not necessarily be a good thing.

Do we have higher expectations for Luongo because of what he did in the past? Is it because he is the better goalie? Or is it just because people don't like Luongo and want to make excuses to run him out of town? If the first two reasons are true, the Canucks are in trouble because we are getting close to trading away the "better" goalie.

Goal 1: Weak clear by Garrison which goes straight to Thornton who buries it.

Goal 2: Edler puts it right on the tape of Pavelski in the slot, buries it.

Goal 3: Couple deflections, bounces behind Schneid's who batted it in with his glove. Not entirely his fault, probably wants that one back.

Goal 4: PP slap shot far side through somewhat of a screen. Again, not on Schneids, but definitely could have been stopped.

So in conclusion, 2 of the 4 were 100% not his fault. The other 2 were iffy's.

Who in their right mind is going to rag a goalie for giving up 2 goals? Outside of Vancouver that is.

Give me a break :bored:

Goal 1: Weak clear by Garrison which goes straight to Thornton who buries it.

Goal 2: Edler puts it right on the tape of Pavelski in the slot, buries it.

Goal 3: Couple deflections, bounces behind Schneid's who batted it in with his glove. Not entirely his fault, probably wants that one back.

Goal 4: PP slap shot far side through somewhat of a screen. Again, not on Schneids, but definitely could have been stopped.

So in conclusion, 2 of the 4 were 100% not his fault. The other 2 were iffy's.

Who in their right mind is going to rag a goalie for giving up 2 goals? Outside of Vancouver that is.

Give me a break :bored:

It wasn't meant as a personal jab. I saw various posts like yours but yours was the first one I saw and well, the name was not hard to remember..

I never claimed he put up a stinker. I said that to suggest that he played fine is wrong. He wasn't the cause for this loss but he didn't do much to prevent it either. The Pavelski goal was 100% on Edler, but the shot was still savable. The first and 3rd goal were direct results of SJ moving the puck around, though Schneider did shove the puck in himself for no reason. The 4th goal was a nice shot, though still not unstoppable.

Honestly, he was average tonight. He was very average, at least for Canucks standards, and especially if you're going to be taking Roberto Luongo's starting job. This start simply can't be considered a "fine" game if he is our future starter. This sort of game was exactly why Luongo was hated on last year. He wouldn't play badly, but he wouldn't steal us the game. I'm starting to see another double standard.

Because sometimes fan are too dumb to thoughtfully assign blame.

In this game...the skaters were defensively spotty at the most crucial moments. Schnieds gave them more opportunity to get in the game proper. And they did not honour his efforts with comical errors in their own zone.

Archived