Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I thought Schneider played well enough to win a lot of nights.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#32 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

People complain about people NOT complaining?
This is new.

LOL!

Very insightful...

#33 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Goal 1: Weak clear by Garrison which goes straight to Thornton who buries it.

Goal 2: Edler puts it right on the tape of Pavelski in the slot, buries it.

Goal 3: Couple deflections, bounces behind Schneid's who batted it in with his glove. Not entirely his fault, probably wants that one back.

Goal 4: PP slap shot far side through somewhat of a screen. Again, not on Schneids, but definitely could have been stopped.

So in conclusion, 2 of the 4 were 100% not his fault. The other 2 were iffy's.

Who in their right mind is going to rag a goalie for giving up 2 goals? Outside of Vancouver that is.

Give me a break :bored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnd5wc2X0I

Pavelski in the slot on a breakaway, same placement of shot but different outcome....Stil can't blame Schnieder when we only score 1 goal as i have said many times.

Edited by cmpunk, 28 January 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#34 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Don't worry Schneider will eventually end up on the Vancouver heap of discarded Goalies.

#35 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

It is true that we need Kovalev and Jovanovski. I am telling you I know this. They want to play in Vancouver and they perform in the playoffs. I know things like this. I am friends with Mike Gillis. He tells me things.

Not funny.

(You can thank me later for correcting your spelling mistakes.)

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#36 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,569 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

It wasn't meant as a personal jab. I saw various posts like yours but yours was the first one I saw and well, the name was not hard to remember..

I never claimed he put up a stinker. I said that to suggest that he played fine is wrong. He wasn't the cause for this loss but he didn't do much to prevent it either. The Pavelski goal was 100% on Edler, but the shot was still savable. The first and 3rd goal were direct results of SJ moving the puck around, though Schneider did shove the puck in himself for no reason. The 4th goal was a nice shot, though still not unstoppable.

Honestly, he was average tonight. He was very average, at least for Canucks standards, and especially if you're going to be taking Roberto Luongo's starting job. This start simply can't be considered a "fine" game if he is our future starter. This sort of game was exactly why Luongo was hated on last year. He wouldn't play badly, but he wouldn't steal us the game. I'm starting to see another double standard.

if you didn't watch the game, how can you comment? CS stood on his head in the first half of the game.......it should have been 6 goals, at least, but he made several incredible saves on point blank shots. He did as much to steal that game as any goalie could have done. I'd say, and have said in the past, the same about Lu when the team in front of him plays in their own end the way Van's did last night.

#37 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,569 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnd5wc2X0I

Pavelski in the slot on a breakaway, same placement of shot but different outcome....Stil can't blame Schnieder when we only score 1 goal as i have said many times.

aside from being the same shooter, that's not even close to being comparable........dumbass

#38 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

If we could score some goals we could have fin in net just saying not our goalies fault we have 2 very good goalies score some god dam goals :picard:

#39 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Because sometimes fan are too dumb to thoughtfully assign blame.

In this game...the skaters were defensively spotty at the most crucial moments. Schnieds gave them more opportunity to get in the game proper. And they did not honour his efforts with comical errors in their own zone.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#40 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

aside from being the same shooter, that's not even close to being comparable........dumbass

same shot high glove side was it not?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#41 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

If the Nucks were as good at playing the game as their fans are at complaining, they'd surely have a few cups by now.

#42 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I can guarantee you that if it was Luongo today, there will be hundreds of threads asking for him to be traded and how much he sucks as a goalie.

The invincible Schneiderman wasn't so invincible after all. I hope this game finally puts to rest how "superior" Schneider is to Luongo and that Luongo should be Booed and kicked out of Vancouver.

There is a huge difference in the two. Even though Schneids is giving up the goals, he is getting beaten by great shots in high scoring areas. He is not beating himself by being out of position or playing the shots poorly. The first 2 last night were point blank and redirects on giveaways. Two were powerplay goals,. We , as a team, are giving up way too many high percentage scoring opportunities. The problem with Lou, is that he gives up more bad goals by poor positioning and technique. Sometime you have to look at the whys and hows. not the results.

#43 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

This is hilarious, people seriously crying over how it's not fair one goalie gets their feelings hurt more than the other.

Maybe start watching professional wrestling if you want an emotional rollercoaster

#44 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I won't blame him because I wouldn't have blamed Luongo in the same situation.

The defense apparently played like garbage (couldn't watch it, just saw highlights), and San Jose had some good puck movement.

That said, the people who claim he played well (ie. Nino), make me sick. Schneider was by no means good at all. If he is to take Luongo's job, starts like this are not acceptable. If he is supposed to take Luongo's job, he should have stole this game for us. However, the offense couldn't get it done and this is Schneider's 3rd start, so we reserve judgement.

P.S. The 3rd goal was pathetic, though.

He did play welll, or we would have been beaten worse. Just goes too show that you know zip about the position.

#45 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

There is a huge difference in the two. Even though Schneids is giving up the goals, he is getting beaten by great shots in high scoring areas. He is not beating himself by being out of position or playing the shots poorly. The first 2 last night were point blank and redirects on giveaways. Two were powerplay goals,. We , as a team, are giving up way too many high percentage scoring opportunities. The problem with Lou, is that he gives up more bad goals by poor positioning and technique. Sometime you have to look at the whys and hows. not the results.

That is simply not true. In some cases of course but he has certainly had some questionable positioning. I know you dislike Luongo but you also need to be objective. It's fine; Schneider is young and he has and will screw up. He said himself he needed to work on his mechanics after the first game so I will take his word for it. Last night he also didn't look too hot. I wouldn't blame it on him but a guy with good mechanics and positioning doesn't let that second goal in so easily or almost have one scored on him because he wasn't paying attention like what happened the other night.

I absolutely agree with your last statement however. I wish more people would do that. Having said that I also know that when the team has played poorly in front of Luongo you have not skipped a beat in telling everyone what Luongo did wrong. Hardly seems very objective.

Here comes the I'm a goalie coach and you don't know anything about hockey. (hope I'm wrong but it's your M.O.)

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 28 January 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

And then sat there before Schneider pushed it in. It was a natural reaction, the puck is sitting in front of a wide open goal, so you would obviously try to move your arm to block it. But, I don't know how he missed the puck. I believe it was because he is technique first. That's a reaction you take in that specific situation. If he was more of a reactionary goalie, I think he might have got it.

Get back on the Toronto site wonderkinder...another teenage know it all.

#47 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,718 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Luongo went through a patch where his fundamentals went to crape and he looked terrible with the flopping, and letting in bad goals ... at bad times.

Schnieder hasn't had the opportunity to melt down yet.

All in all I wish people would let this stupid contorversey die. We have two awesome goalies. Schneider is younger and better technically while Lou is a consistent elite goalie.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#48 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

No blame from me last night. The team in frnt of him stank!

#49 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

He did play welll, or we would have been beaten worse. Just goes too show that you know zip about the position.

It's extremely hard to take these kind of responses seriously. You know that it is possible for you to be wrong or bias right?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

No more fulling the hate on goaltenders, we are losing a good one because of people putting blame on him. Schnieder did not have a great night, but the loss is not on him alone.

I am a Lu fan and even I can see Schnieder was not entirely to blame.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#51 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Scheider must have a lot more help from the "D". If he is the problem tell him so in the posts. Yesterday wasn't his fault, the fault lay with the "D". Today hit the Kings with a "King Hit".

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#52 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

It's homers really. Vancouver is a trendy city and Schneider is the new trend... For now.

Schneiders not bad and he's not better than Luongo. At least not yet in my opinion.

Lets see how things look in a couple more weeks.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#53 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Weren't you one of the ones calling a Luongo trade all summer?

Yeah.....

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#54 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

good for you, you can read a scoreboard.. next time try watching the game.
he had a solid game in net. made some good saves. played the puck well.
as for the third goal. watch it again. it was kicked in. not deflected with a skate. the puck was heading 180degs away from the net. the skate moved and kicked it with the heel.

#55 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

good for you, you can read a scoreboard.. next time try watching the game.
he had a solid game in net. made some good saves. played the puck well.
as for the third goal. watch it again. it was kicked in. not deflected with a skate. the puck was heading 180degs away from the net. the skate moved and kicked it with the heel.

Not a solid game, not a crappy game. Not his fault regardless because the team couldn't score more than 1. If it was a 4-2 or 4-3 final then can blame Schnieder a bit more but still, not on him last night. Simple truth.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#56 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

schneider always takes accountability, as does lou

#57 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

It won't take long. Just a few seasons ago Captain Luo was savior of the franchise.

I can see this whole fiasco going one of 2 ways.

MG Deals Luo Before the deadline for the best offer he can get. Fans go crazy because he couldn't get a high profile prospect and a top 6 fwd +++. Fans call for his head. Hockey club starts a decline having not acquired a legit 1st line prospect on an EL contract. Schneids is run out of town. Luo goes on to win the Cup the Vezna and the Rocket Richard trophy (worked on his shot while he was a backup in Van).
OR
MG Waits and waits and waits for the perfect Luo deal.......Until the off season when the cap goes down. He has to buyout both Booth and Ballard (Might not be the worst thing). Luongos value decreases further due to being a backup and MG's weak position having to make the cap. The phone rings with an offer for Schniderman As his value is increased with 110 games on his resume now having proved he can be a starter. MG gets the players he wants in the deal but for Schnids. Fans call for MG's head. Canucks organization goes back to the original plan for Lack to be the next franchise goaltender and the Aquellini's are happy because they like Luo. Canucks continue to be a dominant regular season team and make the playoffs every year.

Edited by honey badger36, 28 January 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#58 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Smaller contract and Ego to deal with

#59 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

He's let in a few soft ones but Luongo has too so I don't know what to say....... :bored:
Posted Image

#60 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't think anyone can dispute that Lu is the better goalie when he is on top of his game. When he is hot he steals games and plays lights out. The problem with Lu is that when it comes to big games and high pressure situations he chokes and lets his team and fan base down when everything is on the line. This hasn't just happened once or twice but over and over, year after year.

Corey is a decent goalie, not bad, not great, but he has proven to be consistent. I personally would rather have a goalie that I can rely on to make the easy saves and lets in 2 or 3 on a regular basis than one who plays lights out one night and lets in 7 or 8 the next night.

Obviously the Sharks are on a roll right now and are getting good bounces. Had a couple of the 5 goal posts for the Canucks went in it could have been an entirely different game. That is one of the great things about hockey. A presidents trophy winner can can lose to a basement dweller on any given night, it just depends on who gets the lucky bounces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.