The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wasn't as bad as it looked

Ugli Fruit

We hit what, 2, 3 posts?

And Burrows got really unlucky too (where Raymond spinorama passed to him). Niemi is garbage, he got super lucky.

Also, Edler is known to have occasional stinkers. While this isn't a good excuse at all, we know that a lot of the problems observed tonight are outliers. Edler was directly responsible for one or two goals, and we know this play won't happen the next game.

Schneider didn't play like last year's Schneider, but at the same time, I think our D is still getting to know the game better. Ballard and Tanev should be getting more ice time. They deserve it.

Unfortunately, I had work, so I missed the game, but from the highlights, what I could deduce was:

- PP sucked

- Defense sucked

- Schneider was average

- Sedins didn't do anything (clarify for me?)

- Raymond looked fine (once again, clarify for me?)

- Hansen looked pretty good

- Ballard looked pretty good

We can take away some positives from that list. The PP and defense has been shaky the whole season so far. We need to give it more time. But, Hansen and Ballard are looking solid (especially Hansen; this is a boost to us because he wasn't doing well in the first few games), and so far it seems Raymond's good form is not a lucky accident, but the result of his effort.

Yes, we got wrecked in our own zone. But we had some terrible luck. We exposed the Sharks D at least once on the Hansen breakaway (great pass by Ballard btw), and if a couple bounces went our way, Hansen has a goal, Ballard has a goal, our PP went at least 1/7, and the game suddenly looks way closer.

Thread not meant to be blind homerism positive. It was meant to point out that the game wasn't as bad as it seemed.

PP was ok, a bit slow, had chances and found iron

Defense was weak, (Edler's gaff was terrible but it also shows his confidence trying to make that play...very optimistic view right there)

Schneids played well, didn't make that 'great save' that might have built momentum, no real mistakes

Sedins were limited, Kassian was unimpressive though he did try to spark the team

Raymond, Hansen, Ballard, Burrows all looked pretty good

Lappy shouldn't be allowed any hot water for his shower

Ebbett, Higgins, Schroeder barely visible

Volpatti may have peed himself once he realized who he just punched in the face...

Game could have gone our way, they had chances. Can't win em all.

Schneider made some tremendous saves, but he also was overplaying a little and the D errors didn't help. The Sedins need to go back to Burrows. Put Kassian with Schroeder as they played together in Chicago and with a little puck luck tonight we may have stole a point.

Credit to SJ, they are on fire right now and played a real good game. Can't win them all...

Hopefully Lu plays well tomorrow.

I would argue that this game was as bad as it seemed. Certainly all the *ping* posts were near goals and had fate deigned skinnier goal posts we might have ended the game in better shape. However, I also saw terrible D on our part, little to no offensive output from our go-to players and a general lack of cohesion (Sloppy passing, weak plays, not enough effort, out muscled).

I think this game looked as bad as it was, and I watched every second of it that was broadcast.

with that said, we could rebound next game and go undefeated for 3-5 straight fr all I know.

I think Luongo should have started tonight and AV should have given tomorrow nights' game to Cory. Makes more sense, match-up wise. We know Lu can outplay Niemi, and he's proved it. But neither goalie did particularly well against the Kings, so why not throw in Schneider then, since apparently nobody blames him for losses.

If Luongo had lost that way tonight, which I know would not have happened, a good percentage of the fans would be asking for his head on a platter. The simple fact is that Schneids, while we know has potential, is playing very inconsistently. I would go with Luongo for a few games in a row and let him get on a roll.

I would argue that this game was as bad as it seemed. Certainly all the *ping* posts were near goals and had fate deigned skinnier goal posts we might have ended the game in better shape. However, I also saw terrible D on our part, little to no offensive output from our go-to players and a general lack of cohesion (Sloppy passing, weak plays, not enough effort, out muscled).

I think this game looked as bad as it was, and I watched every second of it that was broadcast.

with that said, we could rebound next game and go undefeated for 3-5 straight fr all I know.

I also watched every second of the broadcast and i gotta disagree, sure we were terrible in the 1st period but we took it to them in the second doing everything but only getting one goal, then the Sharks get a fluke goal and take the momentum back. The third period was also fairly evenly played. A few bounces our way and it's a completely different game, For those who think the Canucks are intimidated by physical teams need only look at tonights game, outhit the sharks badly and didn't hesitate to fight any of the Sharks.

I do agree with at some points, but you shouldn't make too big of a analysis after watching the highlights. Because I think Schneider played well, some great point-blanc saves and couldn't do much on tje goals as the defence was brutal at some points. Schroeder was okay, quite good in the end of first to end of second period.

It was a fun game to watch, loves the physical aspect of this game, no second thoughts!

Archived