The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Logical Theory on the Future of Our Goaltending

Hectic

100% agreed except for the bolded part.

SV% .897

GAA 3.13

It's unfortunate and this happens all too often, goalies looking for starting position playing lights out because they have something to prove, said goalie finally getting his starting contract and no longer has to prove anything and no longer playing lights out hockey.

You want to argue about sample sizes, yet most of you are saying Schnieder is a proven playoff performer based on a 5 game series that he couldn't win.

Keeping Schnieder is not going to go aswell as alot of you think IMO.

OMG, I can't believe some still would prefer to trade Schneider and keep Luongo!

Can you IMAGINE the despair in this town when we watch Cory go on to anchor a competitor for years to come, maybe even into the playoffs, and we go on to yet another playoffs (if we make it) where for now the 5th year in a row, Lu has his usual melt down, and now we don't even have Schneids sitting on the bench. How humiliating would it be to Lu to be benched for Eddie Lack. He'd probably pull a Roy by then and we'd end up with neither goalie....or any chance at a cup any time soon. That would probably be the end of Gillis for that move.

Like I heard some pundit say, Green Bay Packers had to finally let Favre go in order for Rogers to step up and claim the spot. I think it has to weigh on Cory's mind even if he won't admit it. The sooner MG finds a deal for Luongo the better off the whole team is. The sigh of relief will run from Schneider all the way through the team, and everyone will play better.

Well - if you could read my blog how I said " /blog/195/entry-1409-luongo-needs-to-put-up-or-get-out/">Luongo needs to put up or get out" you would see that I'm not a "Luongo Supporter" in the traditional sense. I like him, I just think his time as a Canuck is over and he has been treated poorly by us fans and the team.

I also don't feel that Schneider is going to get us a cup unless this team changes (whether the existing players improve or new ones come in). Schneider proved that last year when even though he played great - we still lost to the Kings. Just like when Luongo played great - we still didn't win the cup.

What I don't like is people blaming one guy (yes, I was ticked with Luongo when we lost game 3 against Boston) but looking back, the stats don't lie. 8 goals in 7 games is pathetic.

For me...with this being my 37th season cheering for the Canucks, anything less than a Stanley Cup is a bust.

That may sound unreasonable...but that's how I feel.

I believe the decision's already been made, but it's just a matter of the right deal coming along. The writing's on the wall and this is Schneid's team from what I can gather. I'm ok with that - I'm not ok with the fans deciding on a game by game basis. Goaltenders will be have good & bad games, you don't trade or raise the cup each win/loss.

Lol everyone has missed the point. It don't matter what we want or what might be the right choice. Luongo said in an offseason interview that he does not want to be here beyond this season!!!! When that's said publically it's not good. Is that the goalie we want on this team for the next 8 seasons? Someone who doesn't want to be here?

like I said, our offence has been fine until the sj series was over. And if we played Chicago, at this point, I'd be more comfortable with Lu in net. He's shown he can bail this team out when the offence disappears in the biggest game we've ever played against the Hawks.

I don't think Luongo even wants to be here anymore... He looks pissed whenever he's on the bench and looked pissed during one of the intermissions last night when he had to stand on his head.

The camera showed him rolling his eyes when he came to the bench.

I really hate seeing him be backup... Gillis needs to trade him asap, it's not fair for a goalie that good with that good of a career to be a backup.

Luongo for Kessel.

I don't think Luongo even wants to be here anymore... He looks pissed whenever he's on the bench and looked pissed during one of the intermissions last night when he had to stand on his head.

The camera showed him rolling his eyes when he came to the bench.

I really hate seeing him be backup... Gillis needs to trade him asap, it's not fair for a goalie that good with that good of a career to be a backup.

Luongo for Kessel.

Stats 6 games into a season (albeit shortened), means nothing. If Schneider continues to put up a goals against of north of 3.00 AAV then you have a point but if you're saying 'Keeping Schneider is not going to as well as alot of you think', based of off 4 games as a starter is absurd.

Archived