Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

My Logical Theory on the Future of Our Goaltending

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,984 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

we were 24th in goals for that year, but I guess that was Luongo's fault too right? And before you try and bring up goals against? we were 7th. Luongo was hardly the biggest reason we didn't make the playoffs that year.

Actually, we were tied for 22nd, but that's besides the point. Four more points would have got us in.

In the last 6 games, Luongo had a 4.59 GAA and .837 Save%. He had to be pulled 3 times.

It's true, that team was far from an offensive dynamo, and there are a number of reasons why we fell short of even making the playoffs. But down the stretch, when it was all on the line, reason #1 was #1.
Posted Image

#92 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yeah because his 29 games last season really proved he's better than a 2 time gold medal winner, 3 time Vezina nominee, Stanley Cup Finalist, Jennings winner, and someone who is on par with Roy's all-time stats, right?

Yeah because his 29 games last season really proved he's better than a 2 time gold medal winner, 3 time Vezina nominee, Stanley Cup Finalist, Jennings winner, and someone who is on par with Roy's all-time stats, right?

Management appears to think so...deal with it !

#93 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Management appears to think so...deal with it !

right cause Canucks management has such a great history of making good trades/decisions lol.

in fact I think before the Kassian trade, bringing Luongo here was the last good one they made. ironic

Edited by Primus099, 29 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#94 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I don't think Luongo even wants to be here anymore... He looks pissed whenever he's on the bench and looked pissed during one of the intermissions last night when he had to stand on his head.

The camera showed him rolling his eyes when he came to the bench.

I really hate seeing him be backup... Gillis needs to trade him asap, it's not fair for a goalie that good with that good of a career to be a backup.

Luongo for Kessel.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#95 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I don't think Luongo even wants to be here anymore... He looks pissed whenever he's on the bench and looked pissed during one of the intermissions last night when he had to stand on his head.

The camera showed him rolling his eyes when he came to the bench.

I really hate seeing him be backup... Gillis needs to trade him asap, it's not fair for a goalie that good with that good of a career to be a backup.

Luongo for Kessel.

no thanks jeff

#96 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

No thanks Jeff (again)

Edited by ba;;isticsports, 29 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#97 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Stats 6 games into a season (albeit shortened), means nothing. If Schneider continues to put up a goals against of north of 3.00 AAV then you have a point but if you're saying 'Keeping Schneider is not going to as well as alot of you think', based of off 4 games as a starter is absurd.

My opinion wasn't based off of the stats, my opinion is based on the "absurd" expectations that fans and media put on single players.
Aloy of people, including yourself think Ginger is going to be the Canucks Saviour based on stats as a backup goaltender, he has shown so far in this season (yes based off 4 games) that he is not the man everyone thinks he is.
I support the team as it is a team game, I like Ginger and I like Luongo but losing Luongo is not going to be good for this team (again just my opinion)
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#98 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

they should share duties and enjoy the money and less pressure, they could flourish.
2 Top tenders is a nice problem to have if u ask me.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.