33 replies to this topic

#31 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thought about it, and like the idea. Have him on the fourth line with lappy and hansen. That would be annoying to play against.

Sedins - Kassian
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Torres - Lappy - Hansen

If Raymoan falls back into last season's form I would consider him expendable. I'd watch a Schroeder, Booth, Torres line for sure. I like Lapierre and Hansen a lot, but I think Torres has a bit more finish than them and doesn't deserve to play on the 4th.

Heck, if Raymoan starts slipping I bet PHX takes him for Raffi straight up. Then, if we get a 2nd line winger from a Luongo deal:

Sedins - Kassian
(someone) - Kesler - Burrows
Torres - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edited by Raffi Torres's Smirk, 30 January 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#32 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,240 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Mike Gillis is an idiot for letting him go, I wanted him to stay so bad, but since he wasnt resigned, Gillis would look like an idiot to trade for him again. (He is an idiot)

Edited by PlayStation, 30 January 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#33 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Mike Gillis is an idiot for letting him go, I wanted him to stay so bad, but since he wasnt resigned, Gillis would look like an idiot to trade for him again. (He is an idiot)

You can't give every player exactly everything on their terms. Torres is known to be inconsistent, so a two-year deal at 2 million per was a bit risky. He took a slight pay cut once Vancouver rejected his wants for a 1.75/2 years. If Torres had been Torres historically these past two years that 2 million, esp. now with the new CBA would have been a burden.

Gillis isn't an idiot and if it seems Torres will fill a role for the Canucks and can be had for a fair price, Gillis will look into it..

#34 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Say Gillis does reacquires Torres then he has a questionable hit and is suspended again or he's only a shadow of himself, afraid of playing a physical game. Torres is under the microscope by the NHL now. This is his last chance. Too many question marks for me.
http://Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.