The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] who would you rather? wsh-van

van-wsh   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Way I see it the caps right now seems to be our best trading partners for luongo. Gillis needs young talent and right now he needs a young center who can play with Jensen and Kassian. Way I see it wsh is in the position where they can give up one of their young centers. The two I'm looking at are kuznetsov and Phillip forsberg. Who do would you rather have come over? Personally I say phillipvorsberg. He would do wonders having the sedins mentor him and would give some nice passing skill to a big line.

Jensen forsberg kassian

Thoughts?

i don't know much about these prospects but isn't forsberg a winger? If i had to choose id go with forsberg. He's bigger and swedes are generally very loyal and hard working players. Forsberg wit the swedes of the canucks and kusnetsov with the russians of the caps

Yeah I would be happy either way.

Another guy they have that would be good to get is Tom Wilson. He was their 16th overall pick last year, and is by far exceeding expectations. He's pretty much Zack Kassian minus some offensive skill but with a bit better hockey sense and even more of a chip on his shoulder. His skating isn't the best, but he has a wicked shot to make up for it. If developed properly, he could end up being a Milan Lucic type player.

He's 6'4 210lbs already, and could probably already be a serviceable 4th line player in the NHL.

If we had him and Kassian in full force in a couple of years, we would not be a fun team to play against.

I don't know why so many people are picking Forsberg, sure he's a great player but the offensive ability just isn't that impressive. He isn't very gritty either. He'll be a great NHL player, but Kuznetsov has way more raw skill and energy too his game

His skating is amazing, he's both shifty and explosive with a sick set of hands as well

Kuznetsov has way more emotion, to his game and although there's the "Russian Factor" he is still a way more exciting player too watch, and we need a player like that. Someone who can get the fans out of their seats and break games wide open because once teams like Boston figure out the Sedins cycle, it takes a while for them to get going again where as Kuznetsov is dynamic and unpredictable offensively.

I want Kuznetsov in a Lu trade and if we settle for a player with no emotion to their game....I will honestly cry

Kuztensov is far more explosive. Better offense, better skater, but not as good defensively and may never come over.

I think Forsberg is similar to Tomas Vanek, great wrist shot and offensive ability, and he might also move a more refined defensive game than Vanek.

It's a tough one, if Kuznetsov was willing to come over I would choose him but if it was unlikely I might opt for Forsberg.

Archived