The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stuart's hit on Landeskog

nitwitt

I never liked the whole head shot rule and a player should know to keep his head up. But by NHL Standards and how they have dished out suspensions for these kinds of plays, Stuart should be getting a suspension.

"I thought it was a hard hit," said Landeskog, acknowledging he had not looked at a replay yet. "I think it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough and stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some and tonight I took a pretty big one.

"I thought it was a hard hit," said Landeskog, acknowledging he had not looked at a replay yet. "I think it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough and stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some and tonight I took a pretty big one.

Great hit, perfectly clean. Landycakes was reaching. Elbow tucked in, shoulder in, followed through. If hits like these become illegal, I don't know what to say.

Elbow tucked in, never leaves feet, follows through. I love Landy as well but good hit.

Edit: The only thing i could maybe see is a charging penalty as he lines it up and doesnt play puck.

Archived