The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stuart's hit on Landeskog

nitwitt

It's like a lottery with suspensions now. Who knows anymore. His name isn't Rome and he's not playing the Bruins in the finals so I doubt he gets anything.

I can't tell what's a clean hit anymore. I thought Keith's hit was as dirty and intentional as you can get and all he got was 5 games that meant absolutely nothing.

I have to say I do not like the hit, but I do not think it was dirty in any way. Stuart led with his shoulder, no extension of the elbow at contact, simple momentum on the follow through with unfortunately caught Landy's face as he was flung back. Not a fan of hitting to hit, so to say. 'Seperate the man from the puck' has changed a lot over the years.

"I thought it was a hard hit," said Landeskog, acknowledging he had not looked at a replay yet. "I think it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough and stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some and tonight I took a pretty big one.

There is no elbow to the head. Bunch of feline cats here.

There is no more legal bodycheck than that. A suspension on that would essentially eliminate all good hits.

Head up. Head up. Head up. Kids are taught this through their whole career.

Landeskog even said he believes it was clean and there was "NO ELBOW".

He explained that he made a mistake and should have had his head up.

So..... those of you who think it was dirty and there was a elbow. Eat crow.

There is no elbow to the head. Bunch of feline cats here.

There is no more legal bodycheck than that. A suspension on that would essentially eliminate all good hits.

Head up. Head up. Head up. Kids are taught this through their whole career.

Landeskog even said he believes it was clean and there was "NO ELBOW".

He explained that he made a mistake and should have had his head up.

So..... those of you who think it was dirty and there was a elbow. Eat crow.

Archived