The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Cox: Becoming difficult to imagine a scenario in which Kessel remains a Leaf.

He's only 25 and has had 4 consecutive 30-goal seasons. And he's put up good numbers playing alongside non-elite players in Toronto.

On the other hand, he's fairly criticized as one-dimensional, and will be a UFA after next season.

But dependable goal scorers are hard to acquire. If he's traded by this summer, I reckon he's worth at least a top prospect and 1st round draft choice.

I wonder if Boston would give up either Seguin or Hamilton for Kessel. I seriously doubt it. I wouldn't.

Not sure why Philly would have any interest whatsoever in Kessel - the last thing they need is another right wing, let alone a one way wonder who'll make life harder for Bryzgalov.

If I were Toronto I'd give Jay Feaster a call - he may be their best bet haha.

He's only 25 and has had 4 consecutive 30-goal seasons. And he's put up good numbers playing alongside non-elite players in Toronto.

On the other hand, he's fairly criticized as one-dimensional, and will be a UFA after next season.

But dependable goal scorers are hard to acquire. If he's traded by this summer, I reckon he's worth at least a top prospect and 1st round draft choice.

EDIT: a top prospect and 1st round pick is roughly equal to what the Leafs gave up for Kessel at the time of the trade. Problem is they then lost a boatload of games and the picks they gave up turned into Seguin and Hamilton.

I wonder if Boston would give up either Seguin or Hamilton for Kessel.  I seriously doubt it.  I wouldn't.

Not sure why Philly would have any interest whatsoever in Kessel - the last thing they need is another right wing, let alone a one way wonder who'll make life harder for Bryzgalov.

If I were Toronto I'd give Jay Feaster a call - he may be their best bet haha.

Why would Calgary trade for Kessel? The chance of Kessel signing an extension with the Flames would be zero.

I think Nonis should trade him in the off season or even at the upcoming trade deadline. Kessel will leave as UFA so TO might as well get what they could for him. Plus it would put the Kessel trade in the rear view.

Again I say: If Kessel gets traded, the Leafs will have zero interest in Luongo. At that point, it will be full-on rebuild for the Leafs.

I don't think they are going that route yet. If they were, they wouldn't have committed big money to a guy who has only put up the points to earn it when he plays with Kessel.

Archived