The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Group effort help write the soap opera that is the Canucks.

Vancanwincup

Seeing how the Canucks are an emotional and interesting team to watch. I thought it might been fun, if you like this type of thing, to write a fans article on the team. So for anyone who would like to take part write a paragraph or more on what is your fondest memory ,but in a telling way of how the team is. I have started the process. If this does not get out of control I will try and piece all the writtings together.

The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

The Soap Opera that is the Vancouver Canucks

Who says men don’t watch soaps, just look at the plots and characters’ that are the Vancouver Canucks! You could say the whole NHL is one big soap opera, but among all its plots and characters the Canucks seem to be a main focus of the story line the last couple decades of the NHL.

If you have been a Canuck fan long enough or just starting taking interest in the organization you know the rollercoaster ride of emotion one most endure and enjoy. Where does one start the emotional ride?

“Ping” the sound that felt like a rifle shot right into the hearts of all Canuck fans. Considered one of best final sevens in NHL history by many NHL fans, the New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks gave it their all in 1994. The hockey “gods” were not on the Canucks side on this night, when Nathan Lafayette hit the post behind goaltender Mike Richter.

No. I watch it for the hits. The blood and sweat on the ice. The Kassian's fist, Bieska's hits and the Sedins dangles. I don't like your "bubble bath" approach to hockey. If you want to watch reality TV then go do that. Stop ruining my team with your over-sensitized generation of couch potato-esque, larger than air, drooling fan-dom. I bet the players have no time for fans like that. To busy visiting real heroes and sick children in hospitals.... and Tim Hortons. Get a kitten.

Seeing how the Canucks are an emotional and interesting team to watch. I thought it might been fun, if you like this type of thing, to write a fans article on the team. So for anyone who would like to take part write a paragraph or more on what is your fondest memory ,but in a telling way of how the team is. I have started the process. If this does not get out of control I will try and piece all the writtings together.

The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

The Soap Opera that is the Vancouver Canucks

Who says men don’t watch soaps, just look at the plots and characters’ that are the Vancouver Canucks! You could say the whole NHL is one big soap opera, but among all its plots and characters the Canucks seem to be a main focus of the story line the last couple decades of the NHL.

If you have been a Canuck fan long enough or just starting taking interest in the organization you know the rollercoaster ride of emotion one most endure and enjoy. Where does one start the emotional ride?

“Ping” the sound that felt like a rifle shot right into the hearts of all Canuck fans. Considered one of best final sevens in NHL history by many NHL fans, the New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks gave it their all in 1994. The hockey “gods” were not on the Canucks side on this night, when Nathan Lafayette hit the post behind goaltender Mike Richter.

But just a week before that time of utter despair, utter defeat, that absolute low, there was a moment of pure jubilation. A voice echoed throughout a province in the dying seconds of game 6 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals: "He'll play, you know he'll play, he'll play on crutches." Every person who witnessed that moment, found within themselves the meaning of, determination, persistence and heart. It wasn't about glory or a paycheque, it wasn't about fame or a need to be the "best", it was about giving it your all for the guy next to you wearing the same jersey.

Archived