The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is going on

Erik Karlsson

What is going on with all these stupid decisions?

- AV not ever talking to his players. Sedins and Bieksa can't coach the team... Luongo is on the bench and going to be traded, so it's not like he's going to have much to say here motivationally either

- Dressing Ebbett over Vandermeer? Everyone knows the Sharks are a huge tough team and the Canucks aren't, why wouldn't we slot in our toughest player to take the toll off Kass and others?

No, instead Kassian has to risk getting injured while he's playing great and has to fight one of the leagues toughest guys. Him and Volpatti both got dummied by bigger stronger players. I'm sure Kass lost a little bit of his confidence losing that the way he did too.

IMO if we depend on Kassian to be our only heavyweight while he's this young we could ruin his development or he could get badly injured and not be the same..

- Drop pass. WTF. Do they not realize teams figured this out halfway through last season? Our powerplay needs to be revamped.

I think the Canucks need a new voice, sure AV's a good coach, but the players need someone to coach them this year, instead of letting them figure things out themselves even if they're a "veteran group"

1. How do you know AV doesn't talk to his players? Are you in the locker room in the intermission to see/hear what goes on?

2. Ebbett is a forward, Vandermeer is a defenseman. I don't understand why this is a dilemma in your mind...I have seen rumors about Vandermeer dressing as a forward, but...I mean, come on...

3. Who cares about the drop pass. It seemed to be a neutral play last night, didn't hinder nor help us. If you think you can do much better, you go coach the team.

1. How do you know AV doesn't talk to his players? Are you in the locker room in the intermission to see/hear what goes on?

2. Ebbett is a forward, Vandermeer is a defenseman. I don't understand why this is a dilemma in your mind...I have seen rumors about Vandermeer dressing as a forward, but...I mean, come on...

3. Who cares about the drop pass. It seemed to be a neutral play last night, didn't hinder nor help us. If you think you can do much better, you go coach the team.

First of all Ebbet replaces Lapierre because Lapierre is suffering from a goin strain. I agree Ebbet isn't doing it but is an experienced player. Kassian has to learn not to drop his gloves with a guy like Clowe at the end of his shift, I bet he doesn't do it again. I think the Canucks might waste Kassian if he's going to be sitting in the box...bring back Vandermeer IMO.

Archived