Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grumpworsley

RBC visa and mastercard crash

17 posts in this topic

I just got off the phone with RBC visa they have told me their mastercard and visa systems have crashed globaly. Hardly any news on this. Any body have anything to add? All cards are being declined

Royal Bank of Canada and TD Canada Trust say their customers are among those affected by a nationwide Visa outage.

The two banks confirmed the news through their official Twitter accounts.

Calls to Visa Canada were not immediately returned, but several credit card users across the country took to the social media website to complain that their cards were being declined when they tried to use them.

I just got off the phone with RBC visa they have told me their mastercard and visa systems have crashed globaly. Hardly any news on this. Any body have anything to add? All cards are being declined

I read that article but when I questioned the rep on the phone (she told me it was international) so I rephrased my question to ask is it world wide and she replied yes it is. I then repeated "the entire world" just to make sure there was no misinterpretation and she replied yes the entire world

Down at my office

Message on RBC's website...

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our phone lines that are preventing calls from reaching live agents. Some clients have also reported difficulty connecting to our telephone banking self-serve system, and with Credit Card transactions. We are working diligently to resolve this matter, and apologize for any inconvenience.

I just used my TD visa to pay for parking like 5 minutes ago o_O

Go take out cash at an ATM. Problem solved.

Man...our world would be so screwed without technology. Imagine a day without internet, ATMs/Interact, etc. People would be jumping off bridges.

Pretty sad.

Wikileaks do that?

good

I've always heard that the system for cc's was based thru the cc companies and wasn't directly based on the banks themselves. The op says it was RBC

based but that isn't true at all.

I've always heard that the system for cc's was based thru the cc companies and wasn't directly based on the banks themselves. The op says it was RBC

based but that isn't true at all.