The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what would it take to land the yak

With the Sedins getting older and on the decline in a couple of years, we will need young blood to replace them eventually. It's rather tough to judge the the true value of a player until they develop. Who knows how a young player will develop. They could wind up being a top line player or they could wind up like Alexandre Daigle. I think Nail Yakupov will be a very good player, possibly an elite player. So the question I ask is, "What would it take to land Nail Yakupov?"

Proposal

To Edmonton, Lou, Jensen, 2nd round pick)

To Vancouver, Yakupov

My train of thought is that the Oilers would get the goalie they need and a winger that is almost NHL ready, leaving no hole to fill on the wing as Jensen would be ready next year. The Canucks dump Lou's contract and get a exellent player in return. You need to give to get. To give Lou motivation to sign, maybe pointing out to him that gunmen running mad through the streets is rare in Canada, and that his family shoulkd feel safe here.

The only way you get him is if they were dead set on getting luongo. If they were banging on the door begging for Lu then I could see a straight up deal for him. We would not pay anything more so the deal depends on how impatient they are.

People are going to flame me and say no way Lu lands you yak. All I'm saying is if they really wanted him, they might be comfortable giving up yak. I don't see it that way though. I think they let this season play out and score another high pick, let the kids grow more and go after a top goalie in 2 years.

The only way you get him is if they were dead set on getting luongo. If they were banging on the door begging for Lu then I could see a straight up deal for him. We would not pay anything more so the deal depends on how impatient they are.

People are going to flame me and say no way Lu lands you yak. All I'm saying is if they really wanted him, they might be comfortable giving up yak. I don't see it that way though. I think they let this season play out and score another high pick, let the kids grow more and go after a top goalie in 2 years.

Archived