The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luo seems... Calm...

Specter's Vengeance

I know it's early in the season but it looks to me like Louey is rather calm and collected. With all the trade rumors and speculation buzzing around, I think its taken some much needed pressure off of his play and he's looking good! Suffice it to say, should he continue to be this way. Maybe thats all he needed to be successful. Gear down Vancouver's finest. Oh and (Knock on wood). Thoughts?

The pressure of playing as a starting goaltender can do wonders on players. It wore on Luongo last season and now it's having a much bigger effect on Schneider this season.

As for playing without pressure, we saw Schneider put up great numbers last year as a backup. Now Luongo's playing loose hockey without anything to lose and he's the Vancouver Canucks' best player.

Tonight it appeared as if Luongo was the only Canuck who is driven enough to win the Cup. Starting in 2006-2007 we built the team around Luongo, I vote we do so again. You build around and complement the people who are driven to win, that's success. Schneider is great, but does he have the same drive as Luongo, he may have some, but not as much as Lou.

Tonight it appeared as if Luongo was the only Canuck who is driven enough to win the Cup. Starting in 2006-2007 we built the team around Luongo, I vote we do so again. You build around and complement the people who are driven to win, that's success. Schneider is great, but does he have the same drive as Luongo, he may have some, but not as much as Lou.

He's no mug.............don't you think he knows he's the best.

He is getting to pick his trade team (almost) and I'm quite sure it will be one where not only he wants to go but one with a D that will give him some protection.

Ballerina Burrows :picard:

I am his biggest fan, but WTH WAS THAT? Some of his latest shootout attempts look like Grandma pushing her walker to the bingo hall. I'm a big fan of going in with speed vs crawling in.

As for Lu....it's all been said. He has nothing to lose at this point and can simply play his game without any added pressure (for the most part). He is a very talented player who was in a glaring spotlight and shouldered every win/loss...we tend to do that to players here (assess on a minute by minute basis vs an overall view of things).

I know it's early in the season but it looks to me like Louey is rather calm and collected. With all the trade rumors and speculation buzzing around, I think its taken some much needed pressure off of his play and he's looking good! Suffice it to say, should he continue to be this way. Maybe thats all he needed to be successful. Gear down Vancouver's finest. Oh and (Knock on wood). Thoughts?

Archived