41 replies to this topic

#31 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

That was my thought. Could have just headed over to the Luongo discussion thread in that case.

Previously, I enjoyed your comments or thoughts on the Canucks.... we might not have agreed, but still enjoyed them. However, all your replies recently are similar to the above?

There might be a post like this in the Luongo discussion thread but if you haven't followed it....who has the time to read it all? And there are some posts buried in threads that deserve a discussion on its own, especially if it is relevant to a current event.

If everyone took the rules literally, we would only have players threads, GD threads and PG threads. There would be too much reading involved, chaos and less chatter on CDC. If we're stuck to a minimum amount of threads....and CDC is forced to discuss various topics in one thread, I'd have to read through hundreds of posts to find someone's reply to my discussion.

Not only that, it would get too confusing reading someone's post about Lou and his contract, Lou and his trade value, Lou as a back up, keeping Lou, trading Lou, Lou's twitter, Lou & Schneids, Schneids & Lou, Lou's trade value, Lou being calm, Lou and the NTC, Lou and the buyout, Lou in the top 10, Lou's history with Vancouver, what we traded to get Lou, what the team plays like in front of Lou, Lou and the playoffs, Lou and the regular season..... need I say more? And I've got to read all the replies to these and more topics before I find a reply to the topic I'm interested about.

Who has the time? Just let the mods do their job...

Edited by nuck luck, 29 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#32 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Pressure????

The reason he's calm is because he signed a 12 year contract worth $64 MILLION DOLLARS.

No matter what happens, or where, that money is guaranteed.

Pressure..... LOL

Exactly. Also to his credit, he's come to some zen peace about himself that he will be playing for another team soon. He's now accepted the fact so in some ways he has an advantage with no pressure to take the team on his back....like he was somewhat unfairly pressured to do in previous seasons.

I said it in the GDT, but its like Favre finally leaving Green Bay. As soon as he was gone Rogers stepped it up and shone because he didn't have Brett's big shadow looming over him. Schneider has to not only deal with Lu's shadow, but has to sustain this over-extended slowed down ascension to the #1 throne all through last summer and then through the lock-out. Some are worried about Schneider dealing with the pressure of handling the #1 position. I have no worries, just based on his personality and skills. But its really unfair to not only Lu and Schneids but to the whole team as this kind of discomfort worms its way through the dressing room. And it doesn't help to have AV cloud the issue with his snide obliqueness.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#33 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

5 mill for a part time job.....where's the worry?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#34 Specter's Vengeance

Specter's Vengeance

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

....If you watched last season there were numerous nights Lou was one of the only players to show up.

The guy is a stud athlete. That alone wins you games. People go hot and cold sure but his whole rapport was different. He was fluid and not jumpy. Calmly playing the puck not sprawling. Body language speaks volumes and it did last night. The guy needed the negative spotlight off of him for a while. He got exactly that.

22481-mortal-kombat-x.jpg

#35 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Pressure????

The reason he's calm is because he signed a 12 year contract worth $64 MILLION DOLLARS.

No matter what happens, or where, that money is guaranteed.

Pressure..... LOL

Stupid argument. I suppose based on your logic there was no pressure for him in the Olympics because no money was at stake either. Players have pride and ambition. Especially goalies who are often blamed but seldom credited for the outcome of games.

#36 Specter's Vengeance

Specter's Vengeance

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Stupid argument. I suppose based on your logic there was no pressure for him in the Olympics because no money was at stake either. Players have pride and ambition. Especially goalies who are often blamed but seldom credited for the outcome of games.

Here! Here!

22481-mortal-kombat-x.jpg

#37 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

It is certainly interesting to see the shift that has happened. Luongo has always played better when his team is outshot or underperforming. He carried the team every night in his early days with the Canucks, and was the lone superstar with the Panthers. It was like he physically played better when he mentally recognized an underdog situation. Now, it's somewhat similar. He's been cast as Schneider's back-up, and he's performing at an incredibly high level. Meanwhile, fans' love-hate relationship with him has spun 180 degrees since last spring. Now he has very little pressure. With Eddie Lack out for the year, MG would be smart to keep both his goalies at this point. When Kesler and Booth get back into game shape, this team will be the reunited powerhouse that came within a game of winning the Cup, with Luongo more relaxed and in 'underdog' mode.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#38 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I wonder if he was just tired physically and mentally and the lockout helped... and now he's back!

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#39 FlyingV

FlyingV

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

This is embarrasing for the Canucks fans... has anyone taken a good look at his GAA every year? Or his save percentage?

I remember Lou playing excellent in round 2 against Nashville, round 3 he played awesome against San Jose... the Stanley Cup finals game 1, 2, 5... great games.. The Bruins got into the Canucks heads in Boston, EVERY Canuck.. Hank had a wrist injury and could barely pass the puck, Kelser had a sports hernia (that means intestines coming out through your stomach muscles), Salo was hurt, Raymond broke his back... besides the fact Tim Thomas played like a goalie god..

Fact is, Louongo is an elite goalie. He has a trophy case full of Jennings, presidents trophies, NW titles, Campbell conference, an olympic gold medal, etc... (just to name a few)
We are lucky to have him. We begged to have him back when our #1 was Alex Auld. I said this back in the spring, and I say this now... I want Lou to stay. It would be crazy to trade him.. Scneider is a great backup, yes.. but what happens if dont pan out as a starter in the NHL. After watching the rotating goalie door after we lost McLean, I dont want to go back there.

#40 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I am his biggest fan, but WTH WAS THAT? Some of his latest shootout attempts look like Grandma pushing her walker to the bingo hall. I'm a big fan of going in with speed vs crawling in.

As for Lu....it's all been said. He has nothing to lose at this point and can simply play his game without any added pressure (for the most part). He is a very talented player who was in a glaring spotlight and shouldered every win/loss...we tend to do that to players here (assess on a minute by minute basis vs an overall view of things).

Lol grandma her walker

Posted Image

#41 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Strombone@strombone1
Being a backup is a lot funner than I anticipated.........

#42 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

He a total fake.He's never been team first till this year lol!
Its all an act trying to find a trade and play the game period.He's been well school for the season.
Plus he has no pressure so how can he help but be calm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.