The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Kings 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

I don't think the coach sucks............I think it is high time MG gave him something useful, something for now, something that isn't a project, something that other teams would revere...........

I get it that we have a wage structure but you look at how average the salary is and you don't need to wonder why we play like an average team so often.

If it takes losing Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Schneider, Burrows or Ballard, LET'S DO IT.

We are crying out for game changers, impact players, players who can put the puck in the net. We constantly build up our players and there is no doubt they are all good players, some excellent............BUT they only function when everyone functions. There are some teams who have been carried for years by just one or two players and eventually they get a team round them. THEY are the teams who will beat us in the SC.

This is not the end of the World, we will pull it round and make the playoffs but we will fall to the teams who "shell out" for the game changers, the big time players, the guys with the killer instinct.

One more point about this team. When it doesn't function we don't have the size and intensity to make up for it like say Boston or LA or Tampa or NY.

I see the shootout as a condemnation of our players. We haven't a clue most nights because "the team" disappears and the guys with the confidence take over.

MG is hiding behind AV when it is obvious he has given him zip over the last 3 years. Where is his Bure, his Stamkos or Iginla or Richards? He has had 2+ years to bring that calibre of game changer to Vancouver. Hell we are one of the biggest markets in the league. Come on Gilis do what you are being paid to do.......give us someone that the others all want.

Gotta give Lu next game. Just keep playing him until he has an average game and switch. His stats are not bad at all with 2 games started.

Luongo has shown numerous times to go on very long streaks of playing great hockey. Give him next game, and if he plays well like tonight go to him again.

Another Blown lead, and another SO loss....sigh...I think everyone else on this board has said it all...

It is still early ...but there is no "time" in this shortened season....You need a start like the Hawks and the Sharks....

Oh well onto next game....

Luongo was the only reason we got a point.

I just love how most of my Facebook feed was filled with people blaming Luongo for the loss.

What I don't get is why don't we feed Garrison more on our PP's. Garrison came in to replace Salo.

When Salo was in the lineup our PP with him at the point was basically revolving around him. Pass it around and feed Salo.

We barely see that happen with Garrison, and he has the bomb on this team now.

Although, he's new to the team and getting to know the system and whatnot. Also he doesn't hit the net every feed, but it's not like they're giving him the puck at the perfect opportunities. Seems like he's passing it off a lot too.

I don't think the coach sucks............I think it is high time MG gave him something useful, something for now, something that isn't a project, something that other teams would revere...........

I get it that we have a wage structure but you look at how average the salary is and you don't need to wonder why we play like an average team so often.

If it takes losing Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Schneider, Burrows or Ballard, LET'S DO IT.

We are crying out for game changers, impact players, players who can put the puck in the net. We constantly build up our players and there is no doubt they are all good players, some excellent............BUT they only function when everyone functions. There are some teams who have been carried for years by just one or two players and eventually they get a team round them. THEY are the teams who will beat us in the SC.

This is not the end of the World, we will pull it round and make the playoffs but we will fall to the teams who "shell out" for the game changers, the big time players, the guys with the killer instinct.

One more point about this team. When it doesn't function we don't have the size and intensity to make up for it like say Boston or LA or Tampa or NY.

I see the shootout as a condemnation of our players. We haven't a clue most nights because "the team" disappears and the guys with the confidence take over.

MG is hiding behind AV when it is obvious he has given him zip over the last 3 years. Where is his Bure, his Stamkos or Iginla or Richards? He has had 2+ years to bring that calibre of game changer to Vancouver. Hell we are one of the biggest markets in the league. Come on Gilis do what you are being paid to do.......give us someone that the others all want.

Holy crap people, that was their 3rd game in three nights, 4th in 6, coming off of 8 months of no hockey.........give them some credit for a playing well enough to get a point. Of course they sat back, it was pretty clear they were exhausted, and LA was at home and fresh. They played a containment game because that's all the gas they had left would allow them to play.

Say it's AV's fault all you want, but he recognized that his team had nothing in the tank and he had them play a style that let LA have the puck a lot, but they stayed pretty disciplined, defensively, and kept them outside from the middle of the first until the last goal. It wasn't pretty and it needed Lu to come up big, but they did get a point........be happy about that.

Lu was excellent.......and Kesler and Booth need to get back, soon.

They will probably beat Colorado Wednesday and this whole tone will change. It's fun to watch the ups and downs. On Saturday morning there were posts about how this team is better than ever and going to roll over everybody then they have two tough games and it's all doom and gloom again.

We're a pathetic team for hits. I'd wonder why everyone picks on the Canucks and than I remember we have no intimidation factor. Yeah we have some good hits here and there, but we play teams like San Jose and have useless goons like Clowne screw with us all game....well unless he throws a tantrum but that's beside the point. And we need to learn to fight! However an equilibrium needs to be reached with discipline too.

We're a pathetic team for hits. I'd wonder why everyone picks on the Canucks and than I remember we have no intimidation factor. Yeah we have some good hits here and there, but we play teams like San Jose and have useless goons like Clowne screw with us all game....well unless he throws a tantrum but that's beside the point. And we need to learn to fight! However an equilibrium needs to be reached with discipline too.

Archived