The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Kings 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

It was looking like Luongo was going to steal with a win, but he had no chance on either of those goals..

The majority of our team, especially our defense (Ballard/Tanev excluded AGAIN) came out completely flat. It seems like every game we need our goalie to play lights out in order to win.

LA out-chanced us and were more hungry for the win than we were. I don't understand why we just gave up after we had the lead. This happens every single time, and I don't know why the coaching has not adjusted to it or have made any changes. You can't ice a team that looks this good on paper (especially the defense) and get these results on the ice. The adjustments to the D were horrendous, and the PP has been stinking it up for awhile now.

This is getting so frustrating to watch.. We really need a string of good games here to get some confidence and start winning again.

I don't think the team had a good effort. Maybe because they were gassed but man I don't remember any quality scoring chances on Quick apart from the goals, no offensive zone pressure or cycling. The Kings dominated us the entire game and were going up and down the ice with numerous chances and time and space.

Luongo had to be good this game and was, but he can't score in the shootout or create offense. Offense is dry as anything nothing new.

Hansen and Higgins have been awful so far this season. And why put a guy like Weise with offensively minded players like Raymond and Schroeder? Weise can't get a shot off for the life of him. depth is not existent at the moment and if this continues the next 4-5 games, expect changes will be made through roster moves.

Oh yeah, and keep in mind guys how we have a 2-2-2 record when we continuously play terribly and give up leads, and we're missing 2 top 6 forwards. Honestly consider that.

I know it's a shortened season and all, but after frustrating loses like this you really have to look on the bright side.

I loved Luongo's game tonight. He was the reason they were leading in this game for so long. Unfortunately this team again squanders a 2-goal lead and spoils a sparklling Luongo effort. I'm sure they were probably tired, but they were so close to getting that win. Argh. Anyways, thought Higgins and the third line played well, Burr was dynamic and good on Kassian to pot another one.

We've been doing pretty good considering the condition of our team. I really see the difference without our second line. Its hard for the other team to pound on us when we're playing in their end. Not to mention faceoffs etc.

Reallty the turning point for us should have been the powerplay in the third. That's what's losing us games right now. We make it 3-1 and the game is over.

This is a team that's built to get at least 1 powerplay goal a game, and right now it's not getting it done. Until we get that going, we're going to see alot of games like tonight.

Man everyone calm down.

Do you think the players are thinking "Daaaa Herpda Derp we played well in the 3rd", I'm sure they feel just as upset and frustrated. Burrows tried something new, and yeah unfortunately it was retarded, but do you guys really think he doesn't feel embarrassed?

The Canucks ALWAYS start out slow, and I guarantee we will gain consistency late next month, it's just what we do for whatever reason.

Oh and btw! We're still missing Kesler and Booth, Sedins are slumping, yet we are still chipping away.

That right there shows we have a good team.

Archived