#121 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

At the very least put em down in the 4th line when Kesler/Booth returns,

I also hope Kassian stays with the Sedins if he continues to play the way he has.

When we shake off the rust and get everyone back. This team will be unstoppable.

g3HKFnX.png

#122 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hamhuis . cant believe how bad that kid is playing so far this year,i know its early but jeezus....... Edler is just picking up where he left off last years playoffs, uninterested and almost useless at times,

im almost thinking its time Barker gets a look, he played a bunch already this year he wont be any worse than our TOP 4.
Let hammer hit the gym for a couple weeks and see what Barker can bring,

Luongo was a total G tonight.

Yeah Hamhius's defensive play has been very disappointing so far this season.

#123 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Who even cares who starts on Wednesday.

I'm just curious to see what players show up.

#124 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

No - you don't understand patience.

I've been "patient" for 37 years.

So do me a favour and don't tell me to have BLOODY PATIENCE...

That's a GNR song.

Yeah and in the 37 years you've been watching them, did we not have the best team we've ever had in the 2010/11 season?

Honestly this is unbelievable!!! When we beat Anaheim everyone was boasting their egos and saying the Canucks are amazing and have so much depth without Kesler, and now everyone is giving up ONLY 3 DAYS LATER

LMAO CDC

Edited by Tystick, 29 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Posted Image

#125 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

When we shake off the rust and get everyone back. This team will be unstoppable.

I hope so.

So much great talent from the youth at least,

Tanev, Schroeder, Kassian, and even those in the doghouse have been stepping up Ballard, Luongo, and Raymond.

#126 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,978 posts

hey tanev did not let anyone down bro

tanev held his ground

True, shouldn't say the whole team, but when the grand majority of them aren't doing much then the solid efforts by a few select players doesn't mean much.
Posted Image

#127 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Lucky to get even one point tonight. Should have been 4-2 Kings judging by the way the Canucks played after that second goal. I get that the Canucks start slow, but there will be quite a few back-to-back games this season. I just hope the team doesn't play with the same level of compete (or lackthereof) in those second-games down the road...
Posted Image

#128 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Kassian with another. Hansen had another really strong game. I really hope Edler isn't feeling 100%, his play has been very poor.

#129 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,728 posts

Barker in on the powerplay next game?

At this point I'd be willing to see them try anything new.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#130 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

This matchup stuff is BS, once again our smallest players, not known for physical play are our best, Kass is the odd man out here.

#131 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Tanev, Schroeder, Kassian, and even those in the doghouse have been stepping up Ballard, Luongo, and Raymond.

Completely agree with you.

g3HKFnX.png

#132 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Grrrrrrrreat Game Luongo.

Loved the part where MG was like Ya Kassian has been ok I guess. then went on to commend Burr. MG interviews are always so interesting.

AV Has coached the past 2 games like getting the W isn't 1st priority. He seems more focused on nursing the team through healthy until Kes and Booth return.

Once again the Canucks played just well enough to loose in a SO seems to be a theme. I hope this wasn't a statement game?

#133 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

This game would've been ugly if it wasn't for Luongo's excellent play, I'm really going to miss Luo when he leaves. Playing the Kings we looked soft, we need Kesler and Booth back ASAP which will really help this teams grit, scoring, pk and pp.

#134 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Another 2 goal lead blown to lose the game. That's what, 3 games out of 6 so far?

Luongo and Kassian are our only good players right now. This team deserves to be at the bottom of the league right now but those 2 (and a few good games here and there from others) are dragging this sorry team's ass to .500 hockey.

Luongo > Schneider and it's quite obvious, the same team are playing in front of both of them and they're getting hung out to dry, but at least Luongo is keeping us in games and giving this team a chance to win and pick up points. Honestly he deserves to be traded and play on a better team, but if he does the Canucks are in BIG trouble.
Posted Image

#135 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,335 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

[size=4]

Yeah and in the 37 years you've been watching them, did we not have the best team we've ever had in the 2010/11 season?

Honestly this is unbelievable!!! When we beat Anaheim everyone was boasting their egos and saying the Canucks are amazing and have so much depth without Kesler, and now everyone is giving up ONLY 3 DAYS LATER

LMAO CDC

No.

1982 cup run was the best team we had. More heart in just Snepst's pinky finger then then this entire team.

I'm not LMAO.

I said nothing about us beating the Ducks - except why didn't we do that the first game.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#136 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Luongo stole a point. Should've been two, horrible shootout and horrible coaching and play in the third period. Why would you try to sit on a lead for half the game? So dumb.

Guys, they did not try to just sit on the lead, they were just getting outplayed. L.A was the first to get to the puck all night, stronger stick and dominated us basically for the better part of the game. The team did not choose to sit back...they were being forced back into their zone...

#137 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Guys, they did not try to just sit on the lead, they were just getting outplayed. L.A was the first to get to the puck all night, stronger stick and dominated us basically for the better part of the game. The team did not choose to sit back...they were being forced back into their zone...

When you play a game of hit the redline a dump the puck in they are trying to defend the lead

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#138 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Who even cares who starts on Wednesday.

I'm just curious to see what players show up.

No kidding. For once we need to shut up about goaltending, its the one thing we dont need to worry about.

#139 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

No.

1982 cup run was the best team we had. More heart in just Snepst's pinky finger then then this entire team.

I'm not LMAO.

I said nothing about us beating the Ducks - except why didn't we do that the first game.

It's debatable, but point being we still have the core of that team.

Av can't control how the players move and make decisions.
Yes coasting on a 1 goal lead isn't smart, but it was working and almost worked out.
Obviously changes will be made for the next game and the team will be hungry for a win.
They're just as frustrated as us.

As for the inconsistency, who knows, but the boys need a spark.
We can't just point fingers at one person, it's not AV's fault.
If he tries to juggle lines that's because he's trying to get the team going, not because it's some premeditated strategic Vigneault method of success.

Edited by Tystick, 29 January 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Posted Image

#140 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Booth and Kesler can't hurry back fast enough.

Goddamb it, I would really like to know how much longer until Kesler returns.

#141 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

How many games have we spent trying to conserve a lead by dumping it in from the red line and changing, with a third of the game left to play?!

Awful. Vigneault should be ashamed of himself. Luongo and Tanev had great games. The Ballard-Tanev pairing is the Canucks best pairing at the moment.

Well, I'll be in attendance on Wednesday to cheer the team on. Going to take some Fisherman's friends cough drops to make sure AV can hear me from above.
Posted Image

#142 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

I cant remember ever hearing Gillis clearly say hes going to trade Luongo, the media just puts words in mouths and twists things up. Hes said things like "were shopping a premier player in this league" bla bla but how many times has Lus name came out of his mouth?

Remember all the Bieksa trade rumours after the 09/10 season? Everyone was saying that he was practically good as gone 100%.... Still here..

The media here is so bad, soooo bad. And i agree with hockeyville.. I love schneids, kids a stud, but something about Lu in net "just feels right.."

This season is going to be interesting..

#143 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

What does it take for this team to show a little heart. Wheres the chip on their shoulder. You never see it. Linden is still in decent shape, MG give em a call.

#144 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Is this really any different then our usual October/November starts? I can't remember a season in the last few years where we didn't start off at .500.

The Sedins are not going right now. Once they start to take off is typically when the rest of our team takes off.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#145 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Who the hell picked the shooters? WTF was that SO attempt by Burrows... and Edler as the 2nd shooter?!

#146 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

No.

I'm not LMAO.

LMAO means Laugh Me Ass Off. I'm not sure what you think it mean. Regardless, I've been a fan for 27 years and I feel your pain. Ignore the 16 year old, bandwagon trolls

#147 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Is this really any different then our usual October/November starts? I can't remember a season in the last few years where we didn't start off at .500.

The Sedins are not going right now. Once they start to take off is typically when the rest of our team takes off.

The only difference is this season is 48 games long so they don't have the luxury of having these bad starts

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#148 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Did anyone else see Hansen nearly run over a ref in the third period? Does he have a grudge against the zebras right now or something?

#149 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Another 2 goal lead blown to lose the game. That's what, 3 games out of 6 so far?

Luongo and Kassian are our only good players right now. This team deserves to be at the bottom of the league right now but those 2 (and a few good games here and there from others) are dragging this sorry team's ass to .500 hockey.

Luongo > Schneider and it's quite obvious, the same team are playing in front of both of them and they're getting hung out to dry, but at least Luongo is keeping us in games and giving this team a chance to win and pick up points. Honestly he deserves to be traded and play on a better team, but if he does the Canucks are in BIG trouble.

Schneider is playing just aswell as Luongo.

I understand you are biased but both goaltenders have been just as good, the issue isn't goaltending the issue is coaching.

zackass.png

#150 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Who let in a goal with 40 seconds left?

7uongo

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.