The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pull Luongo for the shootouts...

bloodycanuckleheads

The bottom line is he is paid that extra bit of money to make teh big save when the team can't keep up.

How many last minute goals has he given up?

Last season Luong was 46th in save percentage in the NHL in shootouts at .595. Unacceptable!!! This year so far he in in 13th out of 14 listed goalies with .400.

The stats don't lie.

The bottom line is he is paid that extra bit of money to make teh big save when the team can't keep up.

How many last minute goals has he given up?

Last season Luong was 46th in save percentage in the NHL in shootouts at .595. Unacceptable!!! This year so far he in in 13th out of 14 listed goalies with .400.

The stats don't lie.

It wasn't Luo's fault for the loss...the team in front of him dont quite understand the concept of defense and the offensive players dont quite understand the theory of killer instinct when given the opportunity.

Luongo played a great and the game would've been a higher scoring game for the Kings if Luongo wasn't playing.

Alright, so 2 cents then...

If ever there was a case for ad hominem, this may just be it. Setting aside for a moment the trollishness of the original assertion, there is the absolute obstinence shown by a constant refusal to acknowledge any of the numerous and substantial responses that well and truly obliterate the basic premise of the OP. Appealing to the authority of supposed past accomplishments as arm-chair GM just looks pathetic. The question in this case may be, are you smarter than a 5th grade debater? But really, attacking the OP seems to serve little or no further purpose here as the overwhelming general concensus in this case is quite clearly on the side of reality.

Just might add that even if OP showed a shred of humility and/or balance in this preposterous position, there is the inane timing of this thread that is pretty hard to miss.

Conclusion: Don't feed the troll.

its so easy to blame the goalies in the shootouts, how about getting some better shooters instead of the crap we are using.Luongo went 5-8 last year in the shootout.Shooters scored 3 goals in 20 attempts last year.Get some better skaters instead of Burrows and Edler now this year we have Kassian....AV needs to put some other options out there.

How was the Kings second goal remotely Luongos fault?

He couldn't see a goddamn thing. Some Canuck "fans" really piss me off, about 95% haven't played goalie so you don't have a ???? clue what you are talking about. You just think "well other people are bashing Luongo so it must be the cool thing to do".

Futhermore, Luongo had no goddamn chance on Carters shootout goal, we've seen it work for Burrows the last 5 years, and it doesn't really help when our

shooters can't score a goal.

Forgive me, but I fail to see how any of your response relates to my comments. I am glad you know me already and that I have never played goal (erroneous staement on your part). Could you please comment on his SO stats? There are plenty of excellent goalies who had excuses and won nothing.

This thread is everything I hate about our fanbase, downright embarrassing. The Calgary flames haven't made the playoffs for 3 straight seasons, and I have yet to encounter any Kiprusoff bashing, why is that?? Take notes on how to be fans, and I absolutely HATE anything to do with Calgary.

Lui played a fantastic game last night, looked focused battled hard and was positionally sound throughout the game. the shootout effort was one of his best and that carter move would have had Cory beat as well. Our shooters were terrible and the skaters D and forwards are to blame for the loss.

It not Luongos fault when AV tries to throw the game by picking the same lame shooters every ???? time for the past who knows how long.

Even after the shootout when Kassian won it for us, he was asked what took him so long to put Kassian in when he was having such a good game, and he just laughed and said he had to make it entertaining.

I hope the canucks miss the playoffs by a point or 2 and we see how much he laughs then.

Archived