The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pull Luongo for the shootouts...

bloodycanuckleheads

You guys ALL seem to be forgetting that Luongo is a career LOSER in shootouts. And, not even close to 500. He's terrible. So, it doesn't matter if he stopped 2 of 3 tonight (the other goalie stopped 3 of 3). And, it doesn't matter if our shooters are sub-par (AV is picking guys like Edler to shoot in the top-3, not forwards who can score on breakaways). We are a top team, we are a top-scoring team, but we lose in shootouts - badly. And, it's (for the most part) because of the guy in net...

You guys ALL seem to be forgetting that Luongo is a career LOSER in shootouts. And, not even close to 500. He's terrible. So, it doesn't matter if he stopped 2 of 3 tonight (the other goalie stopped 3 of 3). And, it doesn't matter if our shooters are sub-par (AV is picking guys like Edler to shoot in the top-3, not forwards who can score on breakaways). We are a top team, we are a top-scoring team, but we lose in shootouts - badly. And, it's (for the most part) because of the guy in net...

Somehow people will find every stupid reason to pull Luongo.

Hey, Sedins didn't show up tonight for the game, lets pull Luongo!!

Garrison was half drunk tonight, lets pull Luongo!!

Burrows fell asleep during his shootout, lets pull Luongo!!

It is going to be raining tomorrow in Vancouver, lets pull Luongo. (shaking my head)

you must be kidding me, Luongo did very well today , if we are watching the same game , i think you should be bashing AV for sitting on the lead in the 3rd? and putting Edler in shootout even though he isn't hot in shootout anymore.

AV is just in love of giving up the free point , been a few years now and he still haven't put the team to practice some shootout

That may have been the dumbest thing I've read in a while. You can't win games if players don't score. Sure, Luongo tends to be a bit of a flopper, but he was tonights best player and looked good in the shootout. It's tough to win if you can't score goals.

Speaking of goals, Burrows needs to start taking the shootouts more seriously. He has one move and he traded for something that made him look like a fool. One could say he even cost us the game with that horrid move. I hope AV slaps some sense into him.

Archived