Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#32 VancityBeast

VancityBeast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Somehow people will find every stupid reason to pull Luongo.

Hey, Sedins didn't show up tonight for the game, lets pull Luongo!!
Garrison was half drunk tonight, lets pull Luongo!!
Burrows fell asleep during his shootout, lets pull Luongo!!
It is going to be raining tomorrow in Vancouver, lets pull Luongo. (shaking my head)
Posted Image

#33 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Notice how everyone's attacking me - and saying that Luongo played OK tonight (and completely ignoring the fact that I wasn't speaking about tonight, but about his entire shootout career)?
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#34 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

You guys ALL seem to be forgetting that Luongo is a career LOSER in shootouts. And, not even close to 500. He's terrible. So, it doesn't matter if he stopped 2 of 3 tonight (the other goalie stopped 3 of 3). And, it doesn't matter if our shooters are sub-par (AV is picking guys like Edler to shoot in the top-3, not forwards who can score on breakaways). We are a top team, we are a top-scoring team, but we lose in shootouts - badly. And, it's (for the most part) because of the guy in net...

And your point is what?

Did you see our shot attempts? They were pretty pathetic. I guess it's never on the shooter to actually score a goal in the S/O is what I'm inferring from your logic.

If a single skater of ours can't score a goal in the S/O then how is the blame put on the goalie when he makes 2/3.

#35 Frankchise

Frankchise

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

you must be kidding me, Luongo did very well today , if we are watching the same game , i think you should be bashing AV for sitting on the lead in the 3rd? and putting Edler in shootout even though he isn't hot in shootout anymore.

AV is just in love of giving up the free point , been a few years now and he still haven't put the team to practice some shootout

#36 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

No, it was 1 goal for LA - vs. no goals for us tonight. You could say Luongo put us in a position to TIE, but not to win.

The forwards scored nothing. They put Luongo in a position to lose.

You have no intelligence. Go somewhere else.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#37 nick_winch

nick_winch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

That may have been the dumbest thing I've read in a while. You can't win games if players don't score. Sure, Luongo tends to be a bit of a flopper, but he was tonights best player and looked good in the shootout. It's tough to win if you can't score goals.

Speaking of goals, Burrows needs to start taking the shootouts more seriously. He has one move and he traded for something that made him look like a fool. One could say he even cost us the game with that horrid move. I hope AV slaps some sense into him.
Posted Image

#38 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

these types of threads should be locked right away and result it in a permanent ban for stupidity

#39 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Why on Earth isn't AV pulling Lu for the shoot-outs? Luongo isn't just bad in shoot-outs - he's absolutely terrible. Just horrible.

Yes, because clearly all our shooters scored today and it's all because of Luongo that we lost. Oh wait...

I forgot, it's called a shootout - meaning we have to put the PUCK BEHIND THE NET.

Edited by sakage.shinga, 29 January 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

#40 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

POPULAR

CAREER SHOOTOUT SAVE PERCENTAGES
Luongo .662
Schneider .632

So, what you are saying OP is, go with the guy with a lower save pct?
Oddly, that sounds like a Vigneault gameplan...but oddly, he doesnt do it.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#41 Nuckaluck

Nuckaluck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

You guys ALL seem to be forgetting that Luongo is a career LOSER in shootouts. And, not even close to 500. He's terrible. So, it doesn't matter if he stopped 2 of 3 tonight (the other goalie stopped 3 of 3). And, it doesn't matter if our shooters are sub-par (AV is picking guys like Edler to shoot in the top-3, not forwards who can score on breakaways). We are a top team, we are a top-scoring team, but we lose in shootouts - badly. And, it's (for the most part) because of the guy in net...

Smaller sample size, so don't take too much from this, but Schneider career save percentage in Shootout is .632. Luongo is .662.

http://www.nhl.com/i...utGamesWon&pg=1

Neither average is stellar, neither is terrible.

The problem with the Shootout has long been the shooters, not the goalies.

Regards

N.

#42 Malkin Cookies

Malkin Cookies

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

No, it was 1 goal for LA - vs. no goals for us tonight. You could say Luongo put us in a position to TIE, but not to win.

Yes but Luongo saved the first two shots and if our players even scored one of our first two shots then kassian would have had the chance to win it. There is no way you can blame Luongo for that shootout loss

qrj53a.jpg

Thanks to VC

#43 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Made 2 great stops and Carters goal would have been scored on any goalie 90% of the time. Give your head a shake.

#44 Nuckaluck

Nuckaluck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

CAREER SHOOTOUT SAVE PERCENTAGES
Luongo .662
Schneider .632

So, what you are saying OP is, go with the guy with a lower save pct?
Oddly, that sounds like a Vigneault gameplan...but oddly, he doesnt do it.

Doh beat me to it!

#45 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,486 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

This has been bugging me for literally years now...

Why on Earth isn't AV pulling Lu for the shoot-outs? Luongo isn't just bad in shoot-outs - he's absolutely terrible. Just horrible. If the Canucks are in a tight game - and it goes to a shootout with Luongo in net - you can bet we lose. Virtually every single time. It's not even close. He can't stop shootout shooters. Like, at all. Ever.

So, even though Schneider would be cold - wouldn't we be better off pulling Lu after overtime - and bringing Schneider, just for the shootout?

We've been the best team in the NHL for years now - yet one of the worst at the shootout. Even with an ice-cold goalie, fresh off the bench, we've gotta have a better shot at winning than sticking with Luongo, don'tcha think?

Yeah...cause when your team FAILS to score even once it's the goalies fault.

We ARE NOT the best team in the NHL.
We have been EXTREMELY lucky in the regular season.

This season is different.
This season, almost every game is like a playoff game.
EVERY POINT COUNTS. Get it?

So no, it would NOT be better to pull your goalie for a shootout - that just blows his confidence.

I'm glad you are NOT the coach.
I'm sad you're a fan of the Canucks.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#46 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Notice how everyone's attacking me - and saying that Luongo played OK tonight (and completely ignoring the fact that I wasn't speaking about tonight, but about his entire shootout career)?

He has better career spct in the shootout than these guys.
Brian Elliott, Miikka Kiprusoff, JS Giguere, Craig Anderson, Tuukka Rask, Mike Smith, Evgeni nabokov, Ilya Bryzgalov, Nikolai Khabibulin, Cam Ward, Niklas Backstrom & Ondrej Pavelec

Sure, there are lots with better stats than him as well... but he COULD be worse. Of the options we currently have, he is statistically the best.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#47 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

That's a slap in the face for luongo. How stupid would that look.

#48 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Luongo was great in the shootout, stopped 2 great dekes by 2 very skilled hockey players. He's clearly been practicing.

Our shooters on the otherhand have always been pathetic. AV needs to stop going to his "go-to" guys like Burrows and Edler because they're anything but that - any other skater has the same chance of scoring as they do. I say he just shuffles his scorers and goes with a random player.

For example, Raymond - Higgins - Kassian one night, Hansen - Burrows - Malhotra another. Heck throw Garrison in there to just slap the puck at the net, we have a better chance of scoring off his shot than Burrows doing his stupid predictable backhand deke.
Posted Image

#49 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

dude u have to be on drugssss seriously!!! (so called fans) like u should go cheer for another team. luongo is to blame for everything common when are u guys going to learn! he played unbelievable tonight, in fact if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been in the shootout and why pull him in the shootout when we can even register a single goal. just reminds me of the old days when fans just like u were blaming luongo for us not winning a cup. might I remind u that louie had 2 shutouts and in game 7 we DIDNT SCORE!!! GROW UP BUDDY, u should criticize urself for being a terrible fan. u suck as a fan!

#50 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Roberto Luongo - career shootout record: 29 wins, 35 losses (0.45).

Canucks record with Luongo on the team (291 wins in 497 games, with 51 bonus points, for a total of 0.64)

0.64 is a hell of a lot better than 0.45...

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#51 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

We could have Schnieder, Luongo, Lack all in net at the same time, we won't win if we don't score.

All attempts on Quick by our shooters were a joke, easy shootout for Quick.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#52 SamiSalo

SamiSalo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Pull AV for the shootout, let Brown or Bowness pick the shooters....

#53 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

This has been bugging me for literally years now...

Why on Earth isn't AV pulling Lu for the shoot-outs? Luongo isn't just bad in shoot-outs - he's absolutely terrible. Just horrible. If the Canucks are in a tight game - and it goes to a shootout with Luongo in net - you can bet we lose. Virtually every single time. It's not even close. He can't stop shootout shooters. Like, at all. Ever.

So, even though Schneider would be cold - wouldn't we be better off pulling Lu after overtime - and bringing Schneider, just for the shootout?

We've been the best team in the NHL for years now - yet one of the worst at the shootout. Even with an ice-cold goalie, fresh off the bench, we've gotta have a better shot at winning than sticking with Luongo, don'tcha think?

Don't mean to burst your bubble but Luongo has a better sv% in shootouts than Schneider...

#54 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

I don't care if this gets me permabanned. OP shoot yourself in the head you tool

People said the same thing about me when I was about the only person on this board saying that Nonis was incompetent and should be fired (right before he was fired, I started the 100+ page thread about it, where about 99% of people here were pro-Nonis) - and when I said Alex Burrows was going to be an offensive star one day (during his second season, when he didn't even score 10 points). Plus, just look at my signature, I was proven right there (and virtually everyont here wrong) as well... I have a long history of being right (in the face of massive opposition from CDC), so forgive me if I ignore you insult...

#55 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Who the frack cares about his entire career shootout. Its about the now, and his performance tonight. He did really good tonight and you make this pathetic thread to bash him because you couldn't pick him apart tonight. GTFO

Posted Image

#56 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

People said the same thing about me when I was about the only person on this board saying that Nonis was incompetent and should be fired (right before he was fired, I started the 100+ page thread about it, where about 99% of people here were pro-Nonis) - and when I said Alex Burrows was going to be an offensive star one day (during his second season, when he didn't even score 10 points). Plus, just look at my signature, I was proven right there (and virtually everyont here wrong) as well... I have a long history of being right (in the face of massive opposition from CDC), so forgive me if I ignore you insult...

you stated that Luongo is the problem in shootouts, when in the two shootouts for Lou this season, the Canucks shooters have been 0/5, and Lou 2/5 on the saves, so pull Luongo? You want him to stop 5+ s/o attempts in a row, is that it, idiot?

Edited by VancouverCanucksRock, 29 January 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#57 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Pull AV for the shootout, let Brown or Bowness pick the shooters....

........Slightly out on left field but,couldn't they some how poll the fans who to put in the shootout.
the fans picks couldn't be any worse than AV's selections or lack thereof.

Edited by fagin, 29 January 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#58 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

the Canucks shooters have been 0-5, and Lou 2/4 on the saves

O for 5 isn't that bad in shootouts (it's not that great, but it's not the end of the word either). 2 for 4 means you've lost two games (vs 0/5 shooting) and won none...

#59 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Luongo usually sucks in SO, but not tonight.

#60 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Also, notice how multiple people here have said Luongo's career shootout save percentage is a lot higher than the link they provide says it is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.