The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pull Luongo for the shootouts...

bloodycanuckleheads

You guys ALL seem to be forgetting that Luongo is a career LOSER in shootouts. And, not even close to 500. He's terrible. So, it doesn't matter if he stopped 2 of 3 tonight (the other goalie stopped 3 of 3). And, it doesn't matter if our shooters are sub-par (AV is picking guys like Edler to shoot in the top-3, not forwards who can score on breakaways). We are a top team, we are a top-scoring team, but we lose in shootouts - badly. And, it's (for the most part) because of the guy in net...

This has been bugging me for literally years now...

Why on Earth isn't AV pulling Lu for the shoot-outs? Luongo isn't just bad in shoot-outs - he's absolutely terrible. Just horrible. If the Canucks are in a tight game - and it goes to a shootout with Luongo in net - you can bet we lose. Virtually every single time. It's not even close. He can't stop shootout shooters. Like, at all. Ever.

So, even though Schneider would be cold - wouldn't we be better off pulling Lu after overtime - and bringing Schneider, just for the shootout?

We've been the best team in the NHL for years now - yet one of the worst at the shootout. Even with an ice-cold goalie, fresh off the bench, we've gotta have a better shot at winning than sticking with Luongo, don'tcha think?

Luongo was great in the shootout, stopped 2 great dekes by 2 very skilled hockey players. He's clearly been practicing.

Our shooters on the otherhand have always been pathetic. AV needs to stop going to his "go-to" guys like Burrows and Edler because they're anything but that - any other skater has the same chance of scoring as they do. I say he just shuffles his scorers and goes with a random player.

For example, Raymond - Higgins - Kassian one night, Hansen - Burrows - Malhotra another. Heck throw Garrison in there to just slap the puck at the net, we have a better chance of scoring off his shot than Burrows doing his stupid predictable backhand deke.

dude u have to be on drugssss seriously!!! (so called fans) like u should go cheer for another team. luongo is to blame for everything common when are u guys going to learn! he played unbelievable tonight, in fact if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been in the shootout and why pull him in the shootout when we can even register a single goal. just reminds me of the old days when fans just like u were blaming luongo for us not winning a cup. might I remind u that louie had 2 shutouts and in game 7 we DIDNT SCORE!!! GROW UP BUDDY, u should criticize urself for being a terrible fan. u suck as a fan!

This has been bugging me for literally years now...

Why on Earth isn't AV pulling Lu for the shoot-outs? Luongo isn't just bad in shoot-outs - he's absolutely terrible. Just horrible. If the Canucks are in a tight game - and it goes to a shootout with Luongo in net - you can bet we lose. Virtually every single time. It's not even close. He can't stop shootout shooters. Like, at all. Ever.

So, even though Schneider would be cold - wouldn't we be better off pulling Lu after overtime - and bringing Schneider, just for the shootout?

We've been the best team in the NHL for years now - yet one of the worst at the shootout. Even with an ice-cold goalie, fresh off the bench, we've gotta have a better shot at winning than sticking with Luongo, don'tcha think?

People said the same thing about me when I was about the only person on this board saying that Nonis was incompetent and should be fired (right before he was fired, I started the 100+ page thread about it, where about 99% of people here were pro-Nonis) - and when I said Alex Burrows was going to be an offensive star one day (during his second season, when he didn't even score 10 points). Plus, just look at my signature, I was proven right there (and virtually everyont here wrong) as well... I have a long history of being right (in the face of massive opposition from CDC), so forgive me if I ignore you insult...

Archived