14 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

When Kesler and Booth get back, the powerplay will come back to orginal form.

1st Powerplay Unit Will stay the same because its ran through the sedins, but Kassian should be in front of the net like Kesler did and garrison or edler need to be switched to the 2nd PP

2nd Unit

Burrows Raymond Higgins
Edler/Garrison Bieska

Set up Umbrella like set up, so we can get some onetimers with burrows in front.

Somebody needs to be doing what kesler did, in front of the net or the Canucks wont be having any success untill Kesler comes back.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#2 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

PP is too casual and our 2nd unit runs around too much in the offensive zone.

I agree, we need Kesler. But it'll never get better unless our d-men can't hit the net.
Posted Image

#3 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

PP is too casual and our 2nd unit runs around too much in the offensive zone.

I agree, we need Kesler. But it'll never get better unless our d-men can't hit the net.

Looking at you Garrison <_<

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#4 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

The pp hasn't looked dangerous at all this year. Should try Luongo at the Point with Schneider. Maybe they can hit the net.

#5 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I dont even care. I just really hope Ballard gets a legit chance sometime soon. He'd be really good on the PP.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#6 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Salo>Garrison at the moment

#7 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I dont even care. I just really hope Ballard gets a legit chance sometime soon. He'd be really good on the PP.

It should be:

Hamhuis - Edler

Ballard - Garrison

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#8 Frankchise

Frankchise

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Canucks pp been bad for a few years now , at times we look good when the sedins get their Cross Crease pass through millions of people , but most of the time we are there to kill time , i don't know if it is the coach or players

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,159 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

It should be:

Hamhuis - Edler

Ballard - Garrison

I'd give Tanev a shot on the PP. Kids been amazing so far.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 76,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Canucks pp been bad for a few years now ,

Really? They were 4th last year and 1st two years ago in the whole league.

307mg00.jpg

#11 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Canucks pp been bad for a few years now , at times we look good when the sedins get their Cross Crease pass through millions of people , but most of the time we are there to kill time , i don't know if it is the coach or players

bull, Canucks PP has actually been the best in the league for a couple of years. We had Ehrhoff in 2011 and we still maintained that effective PP with Salo being healthy most of last season. Ever since Newell Brown joined our team's coaching staff, our PP had been pretty good. It seems some people in this board make up crap to hear themselves talk. Whats next? we have missed the playoffs for a few years now? :picard:

Posted Image

#12 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Garrison just needs to develop chemistry with the Sedins. You think Salo developed that overnight?

The Sedins are very dynamic on the powerplay. It takes time to learn where to be with them. It has to become instinctual.

The Sedins are typically slow out of the gate, and so is the team. It will start clicking soon enough.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#13 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

What Garrison ACTUALLY needs to do is stay in bloody position and shoot the puck instead of wandering around like a chicken with his head chopped off. The Canucks have slinked through far to few games this season for there to have been as many errant passes as I've seen, all as a result of stupid Garrison and stupid Edler not staying in position at the blueline. Move in to pinch, and nothing else. This team is not in the groove necessary to be playing "creatively" at this point in time.

Advocating simplicity falls on the coaches hands. Unfortunately, the coaches hands fall short, so there's not much beyond that to say until this team pulls its socks up and plays a solid, simple, 60 minute game. The CLOSEST we've been to seeing a 60 minute game (still not that close...) this season was against Anaheim, and we took them to the cleaners!

Was that so FREAKIN hard?

"... nah, I'd rather ice the puck a hundred times and sit on a 1 goal lead with my thumb up me arse for a full period... it's easier..."
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#14 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Umm what?

1st, then 4th best powerplay. Not bad really.

We're missing some key personnel (Kesler) and Garrison with the big bomb hasn't been able to hit the net. It'll start clicking.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#15 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I like how Schroeder and Raymond are able to skate around guys and keep the puck in the o zone on the second pp unit but... No one is shooting.

I'm really impressed by Schroeder, but the guy needs to shoot, he has a killer wrister.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.