The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks PowerPlay

Patrick Jane

When Kesler and Booth get back, the powerplay will come back to orginal form.

1st Powerplay Unit Will stay the same because its ran through the sedins, but Kassian should be in front of the net like Kesler did and garrison or edler need to be switched to the 2nd PP

2nd Unit

Burrows Raymond Higgins

Edler/Garrison Bieska

Set up Umbrella like set up, so we can get some onetimers with burrows in front.

Somebody needs to be doing what kesler did, in front of the net or the Canucks wont be having any success untill Kesler comes back.

PP is too casual and our 2nd unit runs around too much in the offensive zone.

I agree, we need Kesler. But it'll never get better unless our d-men can't hit the net.

Canucks pp been bad for a few years now , at times we look good when the sedins get their Cross Crease pass through millions of people , but most of the time we are there to kill time , i don't know if it is the coach or players

Garrison just needs to develop chemistry with the Sedins. You think Salo developed that overnight?

The Sedins are very dynamic on the powerplay. It takes time to learn where to be with them. It has to become instinctual.

The Sedins are typically slow out of the gate, and so is the team. It will start clicking soon enough.

What Garrison ACTUALLY needs to do is stay in bloody position and shoot the puck instead of wandering around like a chicken with his head chopped off. The Canucks have slinked through far to few games this season for there to have been as many errant passes as I've seen, all as a result of stupid Garrison and stupid Edler not staying in position at the blueline. Move in to pinch, and nothing else. This team is not in the groove necessary to be playing "creatively" at this point in time.

Advocating simplicity falls on the coaches hands. Unfortunately, the coaches hands fall short, so there's not much beyond that to say until this team pulls its socks up and plays a solid, simple, 60 minute game. The CLOSEST we've been to seeing a 60 minute game (still not that close...) this season was against Anaheim, and we took them to the cleaners!

Was that so FREAKIN hard?

"... nah, I'd rather ice the puck a hundred times and sit on a 1 goal lead with my thumb up me arse for a full period... it's easier..."

Archived