The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A long time coming

RyanKeslord17

Now I'm not complaining or being butt hurt just because of a bad start to the season. We are losing obviously because we are known to be bad starters, but I am concerned for a different reason. When can you recall that the Canucks played a full 60 min effort game? They haven't played ONE since the Boston of last season. Even when we beat the duck 5-0, we still didnt play a full game.

Whether this problem lies within the coaching staff or not, it's a very big problem. If we think we can just play 40-50 mins every game and win most of them, we're sadly mistaken. I don't mind even losing games, but I want to see some effort and pride put in. I haven't seen a full game being played by the Canucks for a full calendar year now, and that's depressing.

A change needs to be made. I don't care what it is. It's ok to be losing now, but even if we squeak into the playoffs, we'll get ousted in 4 or 5 games with this kind of effort.

I'd like to see the guys turn things around as much as the next guy, but I think you're being a bit hard on them.

Change couldn't hurt, but outside a player being traded I don't see it happening in the near future. Changing the coaching group during a shortened season and adjusting to a different style of play likely wouldn't pan out well. You never know, but I think success would be unlikely. The biggest change I see this team getting this season is players returning from injury.

We're likely going to live or die with what we've got this season.

Good grief tonights game was a SOLID 60 minute effort. LA was hammering the Canucks and out sizing them in every situation but the Canucks managed to shake off or dive in front of pucks. The Defence had their best game of the year yet. Luongo played insanely good, refusing to quit on any shot. They didn't let up on the forecheck and they didn't stop shooting the puck. Give LA's D the credit for stopping two would-be goals on empty nets from Kassian and MayRay. Think about it, the two times LA scored was when they had an extra man on the ice. The Canucks played intensely despite a tough bloody game with SJ last night too. It was disappointing to see them lose but it was a solid effort.

Good grief tonights game was a SOLID 60 minute effort. LA was hammering the Canucks and out sizing them in every situation but the Canucks managed to shake off or dive in front of pucks. The Defence had their best game of the year yet. Luongo played insanely good, refusing to quit on any shot. They didn't let up on the forecheck and they didn't stop shooting the puck. Give LA's D the credit for stopping two would-be goals on empty nets from Kassian and MayRay. Think about it, the two times LA scored was when they had an extra man on the ice. The Canucks played intensely despite a tough bloody game with SJ last night too. It was disappointing to see them lose but it was a solid effort.

Not many teams play a "full 60 minutes". It's impossible to be perfect for every second of a game over the opposition who are trying the same.

Most over-used term in hockey and it's just stupid. The Flames might be playing a "full 60 minutes" every single night, shame the other team only has to play a good 20 minutes to beat them.

Is asking for ONE 60 minute effort a year too freakin much? What kind of crap is this? Any NORMAL job and these lazy pricks would have been fired during their first week. Instead, these pricks get millions of dollars to dogf*** their way through life?

And we, the middle class, bust our arses day in and out to scrape by and ASPIRE to attend a game or two a year to watch these people... to watch them screw the pooch!

Yeah, give them a break. They only need to care 60% of the time to make the playoffs! TOWEL POWER FOR THE WINZ!

AV is a total dog... get. rid. of. him.

We need a GAME CHANGER!............A quality hit man. Playing like Barcelona doesn't work on ice where physicality rules. It might be Kesler when he comes back but do we take the chance.

I like the way Schroeder is playing but I would prefer to see either Kessler between Raymond and someone like Iginla or Raymond and Kesler flanking someone like Duchene

Archived