Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

ZOMG DESPRES FOR IGINLA
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#32 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well there was this guy named Hossa a couple of years ago..........have you heard of him?

Ok, that's one year they had him, who filled out the other 3 wingers spots in the top 6 that year?

They also have Neal (and Kunitz) this year, but are thinking of using a waiver wire pickup on their top line for lack of options otherwise. They're in the market for a top 6 winger, just like most other years to fill out the rest of the roster on top of who they already have.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#33 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

My money is kessel

Excuse me sir, do you have change for a Kessel?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#34 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I wouldn't risk trying to acquire him. Our defence has been phenomenal the last few games.

I would invest in Despres, only in a package that brings our team all-star players.
Posted Image

#35 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I wouldn't risk trying to acquire him. Our defence has been phenomenal the last few games.

I would invest in Despres, only in a package that brings our team all-star players.

So you wouldn't trade him for Ballard as a 21 year old, 6'4" d-man on an affordable contract who already has 4 points and 15 hits in 8 games? Ballard has 14 points total over his last two seasons with the Canucks and Despres is on pace to beat that by 10 in a 48 game season.

The Pens have $8.5M in cap space as well but I doubt they do that straight up. They could use a good goaltending prospect though:
To Pitt - Ballard and Cannata
To Van - Despres and 2nd

Or if they want a winger as they're still not that strong on the right side:
To Pitt - Higgins and Cannata
To Van - Despres and 2nd

I didn't think too long on value and I'm sick this morning, so that might not look as good later on, but I'd consider our options (assuming we could move Ballard in another deal if we went the second route). The point is, I wouldn't hold out just to get him as an extra in a larger deal if he could be had for a reasonable one could be agreed to.

#36 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Actually, looking at it from a non-Canucks perspective, why wouldn't someone like Detroit be interested in this? They could swap Tomas Jurco for Despres and it'd immediately help both organizations. Something like that being available for teams both having need tells me it's not likely that the Pens are actually looking to move him.

#37 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I've always liked Despres but he's not a fit here. I'm sure Gillis would rather give K Con a look before giving up assets for him

#38 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

He's no Tanev! :emot-parrot:

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#39 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

So you wouldn't trade him for Ballard as a 21 year old, 6'4" d-man on an affordable contract who already has 4 points and 15 hits in 8 games? Ballard has 14 points total over his last two seasons with the Canucks and Despres is on pace to beat that by 10 in a 48 game season.

The Pens have $8.5M in cap space as well but I doubt they do that straight up. They could use a good goaltending prospect though:
To Van - Despres and 2nd

Or if they want a winger as they're still not that strong on the right side:
To Pitt - Higgins and Cannata
To Van - Despres and 2nd

I didn't think too long on value and I'm sick this morning, so that might not look as good later on, but I'd consider our options (assuming we could move Ballard in another deal if we went the second route). The point is, I wouldn't hold out just to get him as an extra in a larger deal if he could be had for a reasonable one could be agreed to.

Yaaaaa trade Higgins for him when Ballard/Tanev has been arguably our best pairing. Yaaaaaaa.
Posted Image

#40 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Iginla for Despres, Morrow, and a 3rd 2013.
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#41 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yaaaaa trade Higgins for him when Ballard/Tanev has been arguably our best pairing. Yaaaaaaa.

Yaaaaa. Or rather yes.

What do you see happening for next year? By that I mean how do you think we'll be able to get under the $64M cap? Do you see Ballard as someone we'd keep considering his contract compared to his position in the team over other players?

Don't forget Ballard and Tanev have been playing against the easiest opposition of all our defencemen, and Ballard hasn't contributed any points so far. They both have good plus/minus, and even Corsi On numbers, showing they've had good possesion, but who plays with Tanev next year if we have to move Ballard because of cap considerations?

Think further ahead than just the next game. Is Ballard so significant for us on the 3rd pairing that we'd turn down a good trade that helps us with the cap going forward?

#42 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

To Van - Despres and 2nd

I guess the Pens wouldn't mind trading one of their better D prospects and a solid pick in a deep draft for a vastly overpaid d-man and journeyman goaltender. Why not right?

I can see Despres getting dealt, but it sure as hell won't be for that package. He will probably be part of a package deal to get someone like Iginla.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#43 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

I guess the Pens wouldn't mind trading one of their better D prospects and a solid pick in a deep draft for a vastly overpaid d-man and journeyman goaltender. Why not right?

I can see Despres getting dealt, but it sure as hell won't be for that package. He will probably be part of a package deal to get someone like Iginla.

Ballard's overpaid, I agree, but how is Cannata a journeyman goalie? He's coming off an excellent college career where he helped put the program on the map and is now performing well in his first year as a pro. I said myself the value might be off but you're underselling the offer for sure.

With recent trades involving only 5th round picks, it's not so far off that a good goalie prospect for a better D prospect could happen with an extra piece added.

#44 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

My money is kessel

sorry about the exchange rate
that's gotta hurt

#45 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

My money is kessel

Kennedy, Maatta, pick?

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Neal - Malkin - Dupuis

And 29 other teams' Cup hopes just went out the window

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#46 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Kennedy, Maatta, pick?

L O L Kennedy, Maatta and a pick totally
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#47 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

If anything they should be looking to shore up on mobile defensive defensemen... they were lit up when they tried to gun with the Flyers last season whereas they were alright with their forward crop (though they had Sullivan)

Then again,

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Neal - Malkin - Dupuis

would make for an epic match-up against the Rangers (which I'd say NY still has the upper hand with King Hank in net)

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan

and don't forget about the Flyers' forwards, as well as the Bruins' overall depth. Boy the East will be tough to win.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.