The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

He looked fantastic last night.

For a guy recovering from an injury, and learning a new system, with a new coach, and all new teammates, I haven't been disappointed so far.

From what I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if, once he rounds into shape, we'll view his 4.6 cap hit a bargain.

He looked fantastic last night.

For a guy recovering from an injury, and learning a new system, with a new coach, and all new teammates, I haven't been disappointed so far.

From what I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if, once he rounds into shape, we'll view his 4.6 cap hit a bargain.

You mean the groin injury that occurred back in Oct? Yea that's a good excuse if he didn't show up and play in our training camp. He doesn't have an injury or was not getting over one come Jan 19th

http://www.theprovin...8437/story.html

He would have been ready to play if the season started on NOV 2nd, this injury excuse is just coming out of no where?

This thread, as soon as I saw it, made me rest my palms in my face. I just said that, yes. I think I hear a distinctly similar story in my ear --- even of a familiar former Panther, hm. Who could it be? Oh, just a David Booth?

Coming from the East to West on a very different team with a different pairing is going to take time to adjust to, not only that does he need to settle in his skates and find his comfort zone. Being from BC, he's probably still got the butterflies from this adjustment. Besides. He hasn't been noticable, and mark my words, for a defenseman that is a good thing. He may not be that amazing 'score on every shot and a ???? god' guy we were hyping up but come on. Who really thought we were ever going to get that out of him, let alone on his first season?

Stop overreacting. Just because he's playing mediocre doesn't warrant the cries that the sky is falling. Everyone has their own time adjusting.

He hasn't been very good, let's be honest. But neither have a bunch of Canucks, so I'll give it a few more weeks.

Agreed. JG has not been good at all, but it's still very early, he's in a new system, and he is coming off an injury. He does seem to give the puck away an awful lot in the defensive zone though, the team as a whole have been struggling with the puck in their own end I feel like.

Guess who is leading the league in +/- as of today, Feb 7th? Garrison? No........It is Sami Salo.

Yeah, I guess that means that Gillis made a huge mistake in not signing Salo to a deal which Gillis felt was too risky for the team to take on. And I guess it also means that Garrison is no where near as good as Salo and that Gillis made a huge mistake in signing Garrison to the contract he got (with a very big home town discount)...,

... or, it could also mean that Salo plays on a team which has scored the most goals so far this season, and also has registered the highest positive goal differential, and it might also mean that Salo has been getting more ice time with the Bolts top-6 than Garrison is getting with the Canucks top-6.

regards,

G.

I think Garrison is slowly finding his feet in the team and that is to be expected. My only worry is, did GM actually watch his speed when he was being mesmerised by his "break out" year stats?

I hope I'm wrong but he looks cumbersome and a bit slow for this team.

I think Garrison is slowly finding his feet in the team and that is to be expected. My only worry is, did GM actually watch his speed when he was being mesmerised by his "break out" year stats?

I hope I'm wrong but he looks cumbersome and a bit slow for this team.

wouldn't be the first time

Archived