The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

Were not even 10 games in yet and Garrison just got cleared to play from his groin injury, plus he's still getting adjusted to a new team/system. Its a little early to start saying he's a bust. When he gets back into form and unleashes that cannon slapper of his, I think he's gonna be a valuable addition and a definite upgrade on Salo.

The same group of CDC users will always say the same thing everytime a new player joins our team, EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Players are human. They aren't a bunch of codes in nhl13 and WILL need time to adjust themselves in a new system.

This is getting really old... It's the same old crap every year with a different name in it.

The same group of CDC users will always say the same thing everytime a new player joins our team, EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Players are human. They aren't a bunch of codes in nhl13 and WILL need time to adjust themselves in a new system.

This is getting really old... It's the same old crap every year with a different name in it.

Are you implying that CDC isn't filled with the greatest minds in hockey?

I think this is something that hurts him in the offensive zone too like the PP when he doesn't have the skating ability to get to open ice and hammer the puck. He seems to take a long time to wind up and get his shot off so it's no surprise that rushing it has made his accuracy abysmal.

How did he score 16 goals last year if he can't do these things?

hes got to play better, hes made many mistakes and is invisible on the power play if i were AV id put ballard in with bieksa on the second unit ballard is really good at getting the shot through and rushing up the ice

Like this choosing the wrister over the big slapper, here?

Oh, wait. That was #5, not #4. My bad.

Yeah, I guess that means that Gillis made a huge mistake in not signing Salo to a deal which Gillis felt was too risky for the team to take on. And I guess it also means that Garrison is no where near as good as Salo and that Gillis made a huge mistake in signing Garrison to the contract he got (with a very big home town discount)...,

The concept of risk is not one that's well understood around these parts. What's risky is not a 2-year commitment at a pretty low cap hit to a well-established vet like Sami Salo, but a 6-year commitment to an unestablished guy like Jason Garrison who came out of nowhere to be a PP force last year, scoring 17 goals.

And to say that he made a "very big hometown discount"...get serious. He got 6 years at $4.6M per, and he's Jason Garrison. What do you honestly think gave up? Maybe an extra $100K per year to go play in Long Island? The guy absolutely cashed in.

The concept of risk is not one that's well understood around these parts. What's risky is not a 2-year commitment at a pretty low cap hit to a well-established vet like Sami Salo, but a 6-year commitment to an unestablished guy like Jason Garrison who came out of nowhere to be a PP force last year, scoring 17 goals.

And to say that he made a "very big hometown discount"...get serious. He got 6 years at $4.6M per, and he's Jason Garrison. What do you honestly think gave up? Maybe an extra $100K per year to go play in Long Island? The guy absolutely cashed in.

He only came out of nowhere because you weren't paying attention.

anybody that thought garrison was going to be an offensive contributor or a good value on that contract didn't see his second half last year, after teams learned he was more than an ahl caliber depth defenceman they'd never heard of.

anybody that thought garrison was going to be an offensive contributor or a good value on that contract didn't see his second half last year, after teams learned he was more than an ahl caliber depth defenceman they'd never heard of.

I highly doubt you saw a whole lot of the 2nd half of his season either. Did you miss the fact that when defending players realized his shot and started getting into his lane, his assist totals skyrocketed, yet his shot % stayed the same.

I highly doubt you saw a whole lot of the 2nd half of his season either. Did you miss the fact that when defending players realized his shot and started getting into his lane, his assist totals skyrocketed, yet his shot % stayed the same.

anybody can throw the puck to brian campbell on the powerplay and pad the stats. getting shots through and producing goals is what made garrison a commodity, not being a decoy.

Archived