Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

Garrison is playing great

Hamhuis is playiying great

Tanev is playing great

Ballard plays great when with Tanev...

Bieksa and Edler.... when will they jump on the bandwagon

I used to be a huge critic of Bieksa, but watching the defense fall apart when he was injured made me change my opinion of him a little bit. I think he brings a lot of stuff that he does extremely well, but it's usually stuff we don't get to see.

I think he's an excellent leader, and the team really misses that when he's gone. I also think he has a calming presence on the blue-line, but not in the same way as Tanev for example. I think it's more because the team knows that he'll stand up for them if he has to. We don't see Bieksa fight much anymore, but he'll stand up for his team.

I think he's important, it's just too bad the mistakes he makes are usually incredibly poorly timed and glaring.

My only complaint(s) is that Garrison often seems out of position and can't hold the offensive blue-line for the life of him...other than the odd turnover in the D zone he is definitely improving and he seems to be taking a lot more shots lately.

If you were talking about a few weeks ago, you'd be forgiven but the guy looks more solid than Tanev now. His acceleration seems to be much better the last few games. He can pinch a bit more then still be in position on the backcheck. He's carrying the puck out of the zone easily despite forecheckers and getting up on the rush. Tanev is still a gem, don't get me wrong, but Garrison is 35 lbs heavier and is playing more minutes against more challenging competition. Signing him as a UFA for 4.6 was a steal.

If you were talking about a few weeks ago, you'd be forgiven but the guy looks more solid than Tanev now. His acceleration seems to be much better the last few games. He can pinch a bit more then still be in position on the backcheck. He's carrying the puck out of the zone easily despite forecheckers and getting up on the rush. Tanev is still a gem, don't get me wrong, but Garrison is 35 lbs heavier and is playing more minutes against more challenging competition. Signing him as a UFA for 4.6 was a steal.

Couldn't agree more.

Add the way he's firing his canon on PP - funny how I now expect someone to get hurt on every PP shot, after how many casualties he's had (unfortunately some of our folks too).

I used to be a huge critic of Bieksa, but watching the defense fall apart when he was injured made me change my opinion of him a little bit. I think he brings a lot of stuff that he does extremely well, but it's usually stuff we don't get to see.

I think he's an excellent leader, and the team really misses that when he's gone. I also think he has a calming presence on the blue-line, but not in the same way as Tanev for example. I think it's more because the team knows that he'll stand up for them if he has to. We don't see Bieksa fight much anymore, but he'll stand up for his team.

I think he's important, it's just too bad the mistakes he makes are usually incredibly poorly timed and glaring.

I agree, our record without him is quite poor. I also think that the refs listen to him. Kesler and Burrows have a bad reputation and the Sedins never really get the respect they deserve. Bieksa from what I notice has a good reputation on and off the ice.

On the subject of Garrison, love the signing. I think he may be having an influence somewhere else on the team, that being on Raymond. The two are pretty much best friends, and having close friends on the team can generally help motivate and mend confidence, that is what I think happened to MayRay this season. I think as long as Garrison is on the team, so should Raymond.

With Garrison moving to the right side and playing some outstanding shutdown with Hamhius, his versatility really adds balance to the lineup, leaving a pair of natural right side guys and a pair of natural left side guys to round out the top 6.

Just another reason why Garrison is such a great addition.

At the start of the year Jason Garrison had a issue with " hitting the net ". But now days being on the power play with the Sedins and getting them to set him up for the big blast at the point seems to be working. He's hitting the net like every time. It's nice to finally see the shot.

Archived