The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

He is hitting the net now?? Still seems wildly inaccurate to me; that said Garrison has been playing much better than from the start of the year.. Im pleased with his game. His transition to a new team has been lighting years better than Ballard.

What is more important is hitting the BACK of the net.

ehhh with that hard of a shot and with traffic at the net , hitting the net is pretty much all he needs to do to at least create trouble for the goalie

i know hes only got 5 goals so far , but 48 game season , new team , sedins not really on there game either

i think with all things said he'll get another 3 goals this season tops , so 8 in a half season compared to his 16 in a full is pretty good

and i know those 3 goals might never come but still , hes found his groove as of late and thats all i care about

U see the thing with garrison shot is its so aggressive and just out right punishing that who wants to stand in front of the net to screen....let me ask u this do u want kesler screening with garrison bombing away??? I don't.....

Just ask stastny, he will probably agree with me

I am not a huge Garrison fan, I thought he would bring more to the team.

Though reading the stats and such that many posters have taken the time to gather, it shows me he is a good aquisition, and I can't be too judgemental.

Now for those who say our team suck, what a bunch of idiots, we are fighting for first in our division.-------if we sucked we'd be fighting for the first overall draft choice........

Frikkin grow a life.

The damage that shot could inflict over a 7 game series could be huge. Blocking shots is always key in the playoffs but after blocking a couple of garrison's, it'll have the opposition thinking twice about plugging up the lanes.

The damage that shot could inflict over a 7 game series could be huge. Blocking shots is always key in the playoffs but after blocking a couple of garrison's, it'll have the opposition thinking twice about plugging up the lanes.

Agreed. This is what really makes me happy we have him. Goals is one thing but a shot so mean that no one wants to block it is a rare thing in this league. Aim it at Chara's teeth if we see them in the finals and the series is ours.

We also generate goals because his one-timer hobbles a member of the PK making it effectively a 5-on-3 or 5-on-2. And for those who think Salo was more accurate, his shooting % is 5.9, Garrison's is 7.4 and he's taken double the shots this season. Garrison was a serious offensive upgrade.

Defensively, I've seen nothing but amazing play for a while now. He's laying the body a fair bit (seen him really handle a lot of people along the boards), and he broke up a Hall and RNH rush single-handedly tonight. Makes his signing as a UFA for 4.6 all the more impressive.

Archived