The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

He has steadily gotten better all season He and Hammer are dynamite as a shutdown pairing that can also hold their own in the offensive zone. He is also deceptively fast and pretty good on the boards when he pinches. With his big shot and good defensive prowess, and sick beard, he's basically a cheaper version of Shea Weber minus the temper and childish antics

I don't think it's out of the question to see him put up 10+ goals and 30+ points in an 82 game season for the next 3-4 years.

After Garrison was signed this past summer I said we would look back and say this was the best signing of the summer. With Suter's play Garrison may not be the best, but it's certainly a close 2nd. Once AV started to play JG properly he started to be everything he was expected to be when he signed here. It's nice to see the team finally using his slap shot, they need to use it more.

After Garrison was signed this past summer I said we would look back and say this was the best signing of the summer. With Suter's play Garrison may not be the best, but it's certainly a close 2nd. Once AV started to play JG properly he started to be everything he was expected to be when he signed here. It's nice to see the team finally using his slap shot, they need to use it more.

How exactly was AV using him improperly? It always makes me laugh that it's AV's fault when a player doesn't perform well.

Suter is a really good D-man, but his cap hit is too high even for what he does. So while Suter is the better player, I'm still convinced that Garrison has the better value contract-wise.

AV wasn't using Garrison on the PP or in more crutial offenstive situations.

On a new team with no preseason I had expected his play to start slow. I don't think it had a lot to do with mishandling by AV, or Bowness (In charge of D), or Brown (PP guy). It may have just been that they thought he wasn't giving them the best chance to win in those situations at the start of the season, so he wasn't put in those positions to succeed.

Whatever the difference, I'm glad he is playing the way he is now. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

What a steal signing by Gillis. Teams wanted to pay him more and he chose to come here.

Players like that are going to put us over the top. Doesn't hurt that he has a top 3-5 Slapshot in the NHL.

His slapper is going to be a PP weapon in the playoffs provided he actually gets put on the first PP unit. If that happens, I can see the PP taking over games. As it currently stands though, I hate the first PP unit alignment.

Well worth the contract money so far.

Now that he has gotten accustomed to the team, and apparently gained confidence his game has improved steadily.

I admit being worried during the first 10-15 games due to his apparent inability to hit the net, but I'm sure even the pro's have nerves and could be trying too hard to make a good impression, causing over thinking.

AV wasn't using Garrison on the PP or in more crutial offenstive situations.

That would be because at the beginning of the season he wasn't very good on the PP. So AV took him out of those situations until he got use to the system and got comfortable playing on his off side, the right side. To me that's easing a player into it as opposed to throwing him into a sink or swim situation. As Garrisons confidence grew on the right side he was given more responsibility. Seems to me that's coaching a player to succeed and he has.

That would be because at the beginning of the season he wasn't very good on the PP. So AV took him out of those situations until he got use to the system and got comfortable playing on his off side, the right side. To me that's easing a player into it as opposed to throwing him into a sink or swim situation. As Garrisons confidence grew on the right side he was given more responsibility. Seems to me that's coaching a player to succeed and he has.

Sorry Baggins, logic and common sense have no place in a thread where someone is bashing the Canucks' coaching staff....

Archived