The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

tl;dr

Care to simplify?

And yeah, Garrison has displayed complete flop. Is it his fault, not necessarily. Perhaps if you read my post... but seriously, why is Garrison trying to make everything so damned complicated?

Moving away from the point during PP, creeping towards the net and guess what? NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE TO PASS TO! Keep it simple, stupid. He does this every time he's in the offensive zone. You really gotta get in the grove before you start thinking outside the box.

Oh, then there's his "creativity" in the defensive zone. Nice pass... to the other players. CLEAR THE PUCK! HIT THE PLAYERS! SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER! Seriously, why is Garrison passing in the offensive zone? Just shoot!

He's completely confused out there. He isn't keeping it simple, and it is VERY clear is isn't even trying to simplify because nobody has told him to. That kind of crap is on the coach, and guess what? It ain't happening.

Same thing happened with Ballard. Defensive zone "creativity". It must be something they do down in Florida or something... At any rate, that crap is on Bowness's shoulders and, ultimately, AV's as well.

Get a grip and read a post instead of flaunting your ignorance about.

I read your first post and just like this one you are basically calling him a flop after 6 games so once again, nice job :picard: and ignorance is thinking you can judge a player after 6 games , then go on in believing you could coach the player better than Boness and AV. Garrison is playing no better or worse than who he is paired with or on the ice with.

You can not go through all your terrible analysis and fail to come to the conclusion that a new player needs the team around him to be doing well before he can show what he is capable of.

Another thing in your first post you compare or categorize Garrison, after 6 games, to players who have been there for more than a year :picard:

I'm sorry, but the guy has had 7 months since he signed to figure things out. It's not like he sat on his couch every day for during the lockout.

At what Vancouver is paying him, I expect better.

I guess this can be what happens when you sign a 28 year old with a grand total of 2.5 NHL seasons under his belt to a 4.5mil 6 year contract.... WITH A NTC to make it even more awesome.

I'm sorry, but the guy has had 7 months since he signed to figure things out. It's not like he sat on his couch every day for during the lockout.

At what Vancouver is paying him, I expect better.

I guess this can be what happens when you sign a 28 year old with a grand total of 2.5 NHL seasons under his belt to a 4.5mil 6 year contract.... WITH A NTC to make it even more awesome.

:lol: 7 months to figure what out ... how to play in game situations and figure out his line mates without playing with them in real game situations, in his mind :bigblush:

:lol: 7 months to figure what out ... how to play in game situations and figure out his line mates without playing with them in real game situations, in his mind :bigblush:

3/4 of the team pretty much stayed in Vancouver. It doesn't take alot to figure out that in the time they spent waiting for a deal to be done, they could have been scrimmaging or getting prepared.

I don't think over hyped, but I do think over exposed.

The rest of the D haven't made it an easy transition. Hamhuis-Bieksa should be the rock on this team right now. The team is trying to pick up where they left off from previous seasons but that's asking a lot of Garrison to simply fill-in for Salo, Salo was a major part of this team.

Decisions like splitting the pairings on the PK last night, presumably to get one of Edler/Garrison to clear the crease, is what is messing things up. Keep it simple until the team gets settled in. Until then, use Hamhuis-Bieksa as the 1st pairing.

I really don't see the point in experimenting with the D so much. It's like they do just because they can.

Then there's Booth... well, you could blame his shortcomings on injuries... but what moron plays Booth with Kesler without telling Kesler to PASS once in a while? And even if coach V DID try to get Kesler to pass, why didn't KESLER get benched for being disobedient? The players run the show here, and that's NOT cool. Kesler was injured anyways, but coach V rode him like a mule. Are you KIDDING me?

AV has run Linden, Naslund, Hodgson, among others out of town. Is it not time to run him out of town?

Interesting take on AV's tenure, and I'd have to say I agree with you. Why does Kesler get away with diving in the playoffs? Why does he not encourage his players to hit more against the team that embarrassed them in the playoffs last year? Why split up lines while they are on a hot streak (referring to the end of last season). Qu'est-ce que fudge AV?

Move him away from Edler and he'll do much better but really he hasn't looked bad at all. No worse than the rest of the D on any given night.

Edler doesn't even know he has a defensive partner anyways and when he figures it out he seems so shocked that he lays an awful pass to him.

Give Edler somebody who's not expected to score at all. Putting an offensive asset beside him is a bit of a waste.

I know, right? I think with the way Tanev has been playing he would make a great fit. Tanev with Edler, Ballard and Garrison? I like that more than the D changeup we saw last night.

I read your first post and just like this one you are basically calling him a flop after 6 games so once again, nice job :picard: and ignorance is thinking you can judge a player after 6 games , then go on in believing you could coach the player better than Boness and AV. Garrison is playing no better or worse than who he is paired with or on the ice with.

You can not go through all your terrible analysis and fail to come to the conclusion that a new player needs the team around him to be doing well before he can show what he is capable of.

Another thing in your first post you compare or categorize Garrison, after 6 games, to players who have been there for more than a year :picard:

I say that Garrison's inability to acclimatize is a result of him not keeping his game simple. Yea, six games in, sure, whatever. My point is that this is a trend we have seen from that VERY list of players I "compared" him to. The problem with your comprehension of my point here is that you fail to see WHAT I was comparing. The only comparison I actually made was that Garrison was a newly acquired player, just like the above players. That is it.

I was saying that Garrison, among others, aren't fitting with the system. Sure, perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but that is a result of a common trend I am seeing, so my judgement is well placed.

The point I was making is that this is a result of a "system" (and by that, I mean coach V) that is not flexible, even though the [actual] system this team plays, as well as the team itself, is VERY flexible. There is NO reason for these players to take so long to show chemistry.

The amount of time Booth spent on this team, and never developed ANY chemistry with Kesler is an embarrassment. Whether the problem here is the "system", the system, or the failure for coach V to simple NOT play them together... it all falls on AV's shoulders.

To conclude, I have every right to be worried about Garrison. And no, I'm not blaming Garrison (unless it turns out to be a JBo situation... which I kinda doubt)

And before you respond to another one of my posts, READ IT FIRST. Don't jump to your prepubescent conclusions after reading the first sentence of my posts anymore.

Defensively Garrison hasn't been too bad, Edler has been much worse.

Offensively can easily be improved by splitting Edler and Garrison on the Powerplays. Once Kesler gets back I'd like to see this on the power play...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Edler Kesler

____ Schroeder ____

Garriosn Ballard

With the second units primary goal of setting up Garrison. This also leaves Hamhuis and Bieksa to concentrate on Defense. Until Keslers return just plug someone into the other point position.

He was never worth that contract In The first place IMO he's a good 5th defenceman with obviously the ability to play top four. But as usual CDC over hypes every player to put a canucks sweater on no matter who it is. Look at garrisons stats from last year it clearly shows teams adapted to his bomb of a shot which was clearly evident when he scored like 2 goals from the second half of the season last year.

I really hope he can get down the defensive system so he can at least be that solid defenceman we knew were going to get but it's wishful thinking that garrison puts up 8 goals in the short season. Remove him from playing with edler and keep him with hammer to cover him if he want to play more O.

Garrison - do we really want him?

I agree. It has been 5, 6 games now, the "new team" excuse is over. He proves so far that he is a one year wonder....lucky him..hit the jack pot.

That's right, we should put in Barker and utilize all his dominating toughness. :picard::sadno:

Archived