The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

Somebody needs to make a Schroeder thread so he scores tomorrow.

Who do you guys think would win in a fight Kane or Schroeder?

Good question, Kane probably fights like Semin, but Schroeder is so strong for his size I think he'd take him if he can get inside the reach advantage.

A) its the beginning of the season, B ) no preseason, C) new city, D) new coach, E) new team mates, F) new system, G) have we ever had a good player come here and just immediately out-do our expectations? Besides luongo, no. Why? Because it takes time for them to adjust to the changes and expectations and because we expect way too friggin much way too fast. Give it time, jeez.

could you be more specific?

If you watch the play where they scored on Lou, Bieksa is on front of the net, the forwards are closing in from the blue line, someone gets behind Garrison, he rushes to the net to get in the passing lane, but its too late, solid pass to Kane and you know the rest.

Edit: I like Garrison, but I was just watching the play a few times to see what happened and that is the way I saw it. I actually had to check who #5 was.

Yup, because adjusting to a new system, being thrown into a shortened season with no time to gel with his team, and playing with a group of guys who aren't playing all the well right now has nothing to do with his performance at all.

Pull your hand away from the red panic button and give the guy some time to settle in.

Sure. Just like Ballard needs some more time to settle in.

Archived