The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

I agree, just because he can shoot hard doesn't mean he should be making that kind of money. His passing and skating look pretty weak also. If he wasn't good at defending then what would he be good at...?

I like giving players the benefit of the doubt. I was a critic of Raymond as many people were but I also figured with one good off season completely healthy he'd come around to his former self and I'm happy for him that he has. One post I agreed King of the BS with is offering Garrison such a big contract after one season. It could either work out for us or blow up in our face. It's not really working out right now because 4.6 for 6 is too much to offer a guy to just play sound defensively, even though he's had some absolutely brutal give aways this season. I'm sure Garrison's offensive game will come around eventually, most players do. Of course if this team was losing then his struggle would be magnified big time

I don't get many opportunities to watch many Canucks games because of work, but watching today Garrison reminds me of Rome slow and useless. I really feal Brian Campbell had a huge success to Garrison last year in Florida, this does not look like a D who can carry himself, rather he looks like he was carried by a far more superior player.

Even before he signed I knew he'd be half the player here, Gillis overrates people too much. Especially after one good offensive season...

Pros

-hard shot

-solid defensively

Cons

-slow (probably slowest on team)

-bad passer

-terrible accuracy

It's almost halfway through the season now.

He seems more like a 3.5 mill defenseman instead of a 5 million dollar one like I knew when he was signed.

Alberts in his first game looked better then Garrison has all year imo.

Willie Mitchell and Sami Salo should still be on this team.

And Ehrhoff. Thankfully (for GM MG's sake) Ballard is playing better this year.

P.S

Does Edler only practice his offensive skills in practice? I wonder if he still knows how to play defensively? Atrocious all year in his own zone.

And Ehrhoff. Thankfully (for GM MG's sake) Ballard is playing better this year.

P.S

Does Edler only practice his offensive skills in practice? I wonder if he still knows how to play defensively? Atrocious all year in his own zone.

I always felt Ballard was a good player in Florida he was someone who could carry himself, but because he was in AVs doghouse for so long he was put out as a bad player, which I never thought he was.

Edler has always been like that though, which I'm kinda shocked that people haven't seen that before. Edler that I have noticed has always yes had a bomb of a shot, can play a physical game, can get sloppy at times with handling the puck and overall effort.

Archived