972 replies to this topic

#961 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

he's not on the first powerplay because you'd have to drop Edler off to the second unit.

Garrison should be on the first unit PP, even if that means dropping Edler to the 2nd unit.

#962 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Garrison should be on the first unit PP, even if that means dropping Edler to the 2nd unit.

I agree but that's not shared by the powerplay coaching.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#963 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Love Garrison. He needs to hit the net more often, but other than that, great pickup.

#964 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

His bunker buster has knocked down more opposition shot blockers than I have seen in years, will probably take out a couple of guys in a long series..put the fear into them and get them out of that collapsing mode that is in vogue now.

#965 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

I agree but that's not shared by the powerplay coaching.

I think the coaching staff dropped the ball with Garrison this year, they were too quick to give up on him. He moved from a team with a lot of structure (Florida) to one with little structure (Vancouver), it takes time to adjust to a new team and new system. Now that Garrison has found his groove look how well he's been playing.

AV has his favourites (as many coaches do), but Garrison was signed because he brought certain things to the team that nobody else has (i.e. booming and accurate slap shot) so I think it's crazy not to utilize him in that role. Goalies have trouble seeing/stopping his shot, defenders don't want to block it and risk getting hurt, and he's accurate. Why would you not want a guy like that on your top PP unit?

#966 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think the coaching staff dropped the ball with Garrison this year, they were too quick to give up on him. He moved from a team with a lot of structure (Florida) to one with little structure (Vancouver), it takes time to adjust to a new team and new system. Now that Garrison has found his groove look how well he's been playing.

AV has his favourites (as many coaches do), but Garrison was signed because he brought certain things to the team that nobody else has (i.e. booming and accurate slap shot) so I think it's crazy not to utilize him in that role. Goalies have trouble seeing/stopping his shot, defenders don't want to block it and risk getting hurt, and he's accurate. Why would you not want a guy like that on your top PP unit?

When Edler actually shoots he can be effective. The trouble is he hesitates and seems to not want to take a one-time unless he absolutely has to.

Still, I totally agree that Garrison should be on the 1st unit. The only thing that might be keeping him off there is the risk of injury to a top line player standing in front on the PP like Burrows because of his shot. He definitely seems to hurt people who get hit by it.

#967 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

IMO for what it's worth he is to hesitant in his own end which leads to uncertainty. He has to be more of a take charge sort of guy. You gotta love his shot from the point, who wants to get in the way of that shot

#968 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

He's grown on me. Much better then his first 20 games. Probably one of the better dman ufa picks last summer and including this summer, which is a weak pool of dmans this summer.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#969 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

IMO for what it's worth he is to hesitant in his own end which leads to uncertainty. He has to be more of a take charge sort of guy. You gotta love his shot from the point, who wants to get in the way of that shot

I thought he was hesitant before too, he always seemed to look for Hamhuis so Hammer could make the breakout pass. But he's looking increasingly confident.
Posted Image

#970 Go Go Canucks Go

Go Go Canucks Go

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

He's too average at everything. It's a shame his shot can't hit the net
Aaron Rome 1 goal in 114 games and oh yeah 10 assists. Thats 11 points people..that's a decent .0964 points per game average. He's a power play expert at turn overs and wide shots. He's a depth defenceman for anyone looking to win the stanley cup. A key here is he is very slow and takes timely penalties because he is an expert at head games. Clearly the most underrated underachiever of all time. He also has a mean 5 oclock shadow. MMMMM Aaron Rome goes down smooth like an unshaked can of Guinness that has been in the garage for awhile. MMM Aaron Rome put him on your powerplay, let him kill penalties, a stud...a steed... half cro magnon man part time bowling champion but supremely talented Defenceman. Rome for the Norris! I think Rome was solid like Rory Fitzpatrick or Eric Weinrich...Rome could use a yellow visor for that matter ...really give him the edge

#971 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

He rarely makes any mistakes. Stop hating.

#972 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

nice douche bump, Go Go

#973 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, necro-bumping your own thread is so goofy.

Garrison has met expectations, and is on pace for his highest offensive output of his career.

He already has 26 points, and that is without 1st unit PP time. He had 33 points in 77 games in his last year with Florida.

This thread should be an appreciation thread, because he's pretty damn consistent defensively, and is still improving his offensive output.

Unless you're hoping to be the next clutch with a "Burrows do we really want him" thread, I suggest you let it go.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.