The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too soon to panic... but 1 change would be nice

nuck luck

I know it sucks that we lost....but at least we got a point out of it. This team (without 2/3's of the 2nd line) is still keeping us in playoff contention.

- Lou: Played amazing! He basically kept us in it and got us the point. I'm glad he's still a Canuck! After this shortened season and the playoffs start, we're gonna have the best tandem (and best rested) in the league.... and we all know the importance of this position come playoffs. Lous increasing his value and reminding people what his true value is, if he does get traded before the deadline than it's gonna be for something worthy....

- Kass: I'm getting his jersey.

- Schroeds: Earned a spot on the roster. Nice to see another prospect we drafted rise to the level....

- Burr: Might have found his scoring touch... looked good with Higgy.

- Higgy: Definite improvement and looks to be on his way back to form.

- Sedins: Playing a little more aggressive.... confidence is good.

- Hansen: Just needs to find his scoring touch and we're all good.

- Mayray: No goals, but hasn't digressed.

- Ballard: Looks great....( I mentioned this in a previous post ) we won't be able to afford his cap, so anything to improve his trade value is great for our future.

- Tanev: Still solid and deserves to play in the top 4 right now.

- Garrison: He hasn't had the summer and only a handful of games to get used to a new system, players and coach. He hit a post so there is improvement from last games....

- Top 4 D: I can't see them playing any worse... they can only improve. I don't think I'm the only one who is confident with their abilities to bounce back.... How good is our D gonna be with the top 4 back and Ballard/Tanev on the 3rd!

- PP: We need to make adjustments.... but we did hit two posts.

- Posts: We hit 5 of them....just mm away from a goal and a much different result. Had the early ones gone in, well, any of them could have been the momentum changer... Best thing is that all 5 shots that hit the post were from 5 different players! That's pretty balanced scoring (one tear)...... had they gone in.

- AV: Last few years, I was on the 'Fire AV' wagon....than over the summers, my short-term memory deceives me and I forget all about AV's faults and I climbed back on the fence. I kept thinking that he 'had' to learn from his mistakes....how couldn't he?

The only issue I really have is with the coaching. The one thing that bugs me the most.... How can you let the team sit back and play a defensive game when you have a 1 or 2 goal lead? In todays NHL, a 2 goal lead means nothing.... EVERYONE cheering for the Nucks knows this! How can AV not see this!

Speaking about AV:

- How can someone not learn from their mistakes when it's so obvious?

- How can someone be so stubborn with their decision making when the results don't favor him?

- I thought Schroeds played well....how come I didn't see much of him in the latter parts of the game? He could have skated the puck out of our zone, he's in mid-season form and he hasn't been a liability.

- Why does AV make the same roster mistakes?

- Why does AV give leeway to some players and nothing to others?

- Why does AV keep going with O/D lines that don't work and only decide to switch it up when he has to?

- and why does AV keep going back to the same lines the following game?

- How come AV turns mute during games when he should be spewing?

He's not a bad coach and there are worse in the league....but if a better coach happens to become available, I hope we nab him!

I agree with u that one change has to be made, but the one im thinking of is dropping Dale Weise to the fourth line, so he can fan on his scoring oppurtunities their. We need to get Lapierre going and give give him more then a 1 game chance, and i think that despite his injury AV should put him with Schroeder and Raymond.

I agree with u that one change has to be made, but the one im thinking of is dropping Dale Weise to the fourth line, so he can fan on his scoring oppurtunities their. We need to get Lapierre going and give give him more then a 1 game chance, and i think that despite his injury AV should put him with Schroeder and Raymond.

You know what would be nice? Not using Edler anymore on shootouts. He may have scored on 2 of his first 3, but since then he's been about 10%, and this year looks completely lame at them.

Raymond has done well in the past, and has been moving the puck well. Schroeder seems to have fantastic hands, why not give him a shot? Kassian proved last game that the young guys, who have grown up with the shootout, are a good bet.

Hell, even Garrison is DYING to put the puck in the net. Let him go first, wind up at the hashmarks, and just blast it Brian Rolston style. If the Kings don't like it, too bad - we didn't like it when Brown blindsided Henrik either.

It is often said about leadership, that by the time you have to yell and scream, you've already lost control. Just because he isn't blowing up on the bench doesn't mean he isn't communicating with the players. Plus, we never know what he is saying behind closed doors.

AV needs to go.

He already admits that he doesn't say anything to the guys in the locker room and that he leaves it to them.

Obviously he's been here to long and leaves it to the team.

They need a coach who will coach not rely on the teams talent and same old plays.

Even the fans watching at home can tell teams how to play against the Nucks.

You know what would be nice? Not using Edler anymore on shootouts. He may have scored on 2 of his first 3, but since then he's been about 10%, and this year looks completely lame at them.

Raymond has done well in the past, and has been moving the puck well. Schroeder seems to have fantastic hands, why not give him a shot? Kassian proved last game that the young guys, who have grown up with the shootout, are a good bet.

Hell, even Garrison is DYING to put the puck in the net. Let him go first, wind up at the hashmarks, and just blast it Brian Rolston style. If the Kings don't like it, too bad - we didn't like it when Brown blindsided Henrik either.

Always been a fan of AV, except for his stubborn idea that he'd rather go we people he's confortable instead of going with who's hot or giving someone else a shot.

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense. Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond). Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had. Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows

Hansen-Lapierre-Higgins (or Manny is Lappy is injured)

Who cares about the 4th line (Weise is playing well, but no way he should be higher than 4th line)

Always been a fan of AV, except for his stubborn idea that he'd rather go we people he's confortable instead of going with who's hot or giving someone else a shot.

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense.  Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond).  Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had.  Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Who cares about the 4th line (Weise is playing well, but no way he should be higher than 4th line)

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense. Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond). Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had. Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

-Schroeder should have got more ice time in the 3rd, as you said he can skate the puck out and he's in mid season form. Apparently our guys were "tired" so why not let Schroeder play more? He's been one of our better players.

-Edler should not have been in the shooutout, Schroeder should have, once again AV showing he doesn't trust anyone but his favorites even when they're playing terrible

-Sat on a 2 goal lead again and lost it again........ same story every year

and to everyone saying we don't know what AV says behind closed doors and stuff, he's already said this season and last season he doesn't talk to the team after losses or anything because they're a veteran group.

WTF is he doing here then, besides not playing our team to it's full potential?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

I know it sucks that we lost....but at least we got a point out of it. This team (without 2/3's of the 2nd line) is still keeping us in playoff contention.

- Lou: Played amazing! He basically kept us in it and got us the point. I'm glad he's still a Canuck! After this shortened season and the playoffs start, we're gonna have the best tandem (and best rested) in the league.... and we all know the importance of this position come playoffs. Lous increasing his value and reminding people what his true value is, if he does get traded before the deadline than it's gonna be for something worthy....

- Kass: I'm getting his jersey.

- Schroeds: Earned a spot on the roster. Nice to see another prospect we drafted rise to the level....

- Burr: Might have found his scoring touch... looked good with Higgy.

- Higgy: Definite improvement and looks to be on his way back to form.

- Sedins: Playing a little more aggressive.... confidence is good.

- Hansen: Just needs to find his scoring touch and we're all good.

- Mayray: No goals, but hasn't digressed.

- Ballard: Looks great....( I mentioned this in a previous post ) we won't be able to afford his cap, so anything to improve his trade value is great for our future.

- Tanev: Still solid and deserves to play in the top 4 right now.

- Garrison: He hasn't had the summer and only a handful of games to get used to a new system, players and coach. He hit a post so there is improvement from last games....

- Top 4 D: I can't see them playing any worse... they can only improve. I don't think I'm the only one who is confident with their abilities to bounce back.... How good is our D gonna be with the top 4 back and Ballard/Tanev on the 3rd!

- PP: We need to make adjustments.... but we did hit two posts.

- Posts: We hit 5 of them....just mm away from a goal and a much different result. Had the early ones gone in, well, any of them could have been the momentum changer... Best thing is that all 5 shots that hit the post were from 5 different players! That's pretty balanced scoring (one tear)...... had they gone in.

- AV: Last few years, I was on the 'Fire AV' wagon....than over the summers, my short-term memory deceives me and I forget all about AV's faults and I climbed back on the fence. I kept thinking that he 'had' to learn from his mistakes....how couldn't he?

The only issue I really have is with the coaching. The one thing that bugs me the most.... How can you let the team sit back and play a defensive game when you have a 1 or 2 goal lead? In todays NHL, a 2 goal lead means nothing.... EVERYONE cheering for the Nucks knows this! How can AV not see this!

Speaking about AV:

- How can someone not learn from their mistakes when it's so obvious?

- How can someone be so stubborn with their decision making when the results don't favor him?

- I thought Schroeds played well....how come I didn't see much of him in the latter parts of the game? He could have skated the puck out of our zone, he's in mid-season form and he hasn't been a liability.

- Why does AV make the same roster mistakes?

- Why does AV give leeway to some players and nothing to others?

- Why does AV keep going with O/D lines that don't work and only decide to switch it up when he has to?

- and why does AV keep going back to the same lines the following game?

- How come AV turns mute during games when he should be spewing?

He's not a bad coach and there are worse in the league....but if a better coach happens to become available, I hope we nab him!

Archived