- Lou: Played amazing! He basically kept us in it and got us the point. I'm glad he's still a Canuck! After this shortened season and the playoffs start, we're gonna have the best tandem (and best rested) in the league.... and we all know the importance of this position come playoffs. Lous increasing his value and reminding people what his true value is, if he does get traded before the deadline than it's gonna be for something worthy....
- Kass: I'm getting his jersey.
- Schroeds: Earned a spot on the roster. Nice to see another prospect we drafted rise to the level....
- Burr: Might have found his scoring touch... looked good with Higgy.
- Higgy: Definite improvement and looks to be on his way back to form.
- Sedins: Playing a little more aggressive.... confidence is good.
- Hansen: Just needs to find his scoring touch and we're all good.
- Mayray: No goals, but hasn't digressed.
- Ballard: Looks great....( I mentioned this in a previous post ) we won't be able to afford his cap, so anything to improve his trade value is great for our future.
- Tanev: Still solid and deserves to play in the top 4 right now.
- Garrison: He hasn't had the summer and only a handful of games to get used to a new system, players and coach. He hit a post so there is improvement from last games....
- Top 4 D: I can't see them playing any worse... they can only improve. I don't think I'm the only one who is confident with their abilities to bounce back.... How good is our D gonna be with the top 4 back and Ballard/Tanev on the 3rd!
- PP: We need to make adjustments.... but we did hit two posts.
- Posts: We hit 5 of them....just mm away from a goal and a much different result. Had the early ones gone in, well, any of them could have been the momentum changer... Best thing is that all 5 shots that hit the post were from 5 different players! That's pretty balanced scoring (one tear)...... had they gone in.
- AV: Last few years, I was on the 'Fire AV' wagon....than over the summers, my short-term memory deceives me and I forget all about AV's faults and I climbed back on the fence. I kept thinking that he 'had' to learn from his mistakes....how couldn't he?
The only issue I really have is with the coaching. The one thing that bugs me the most.... How can you let the team sit back and play a defensive game when you have a 1 or 2 goal lead? In todays NHL, a 2 goal lead means nothing.... EVERYONE cheering for the Nucks knows this! How can AV not see this!
Speaking about AV:
- How can someone not learn from their mistakes when it's so obvious?
- How can someone be so stubborn with their decision making when the results don't favor him?
- I thought Schroeds played well....how come I didn't see much of him in the latter parts of the game? He could have skated the puck out of our zone, he's in mid-season form and he hasn't been a liability.
- Why does AV make the same roster mistakes?
- Why does AV give leeway to some players and nothing to others?
- Why does AV keep going with O/D lines that don't work and only decide to switch it up when he has to?
- and why does AV keep going back to the same lines the following game?
- How come AV turns mute during games when he should be spewing?
He's not a bad coach and there are worse in the league....but if a better coach happens to become available, I hope we nab him!
Edited by nuck luck, 29 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.