The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] PWF Zach Budish

He's a Nashville prospect who has had some injury problems over the years but he puts up almost a point per game, and plays a very aggressive style of play as well

Here's a link to his stats

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=120936

And here's a link to his talent analysis

http://www.hockeysfu...ts/zach_budish/

I think we need more power forwards like Kassian on this team. Not big, 220lb plugs, but guys with actual skill, and because of Budish's injuries in the past, we might be able to get him for cheap

So would you guys want a guy like Budish? He's got NHL ready size and speed, but if not, what other Power Forwards interest you guys, and what would it take to get them?

P.S- He's captain of the U.of Minnesota Gophers team, and his linemate is Bjugstad.....sooooo if we could get him for an inexpensive price, Bjugstad could become a serious possibility/target for Gillis to obtain

I think his offensive potential in the NHL is pretty limited, but he has good speed and instincts for a big guy, so he has the potential to be a good 2-way player as well as adding a good physical element.

I'd be willing to throw some picks and some B-list prospects Nashvilles way, but I wouldn't risk a roster player on him as he has had some real injury problems.

Yea, that's what I was thinking, a couple of picks, and a guy like Rodin who is smaller and the same limited NHL potential. He is a great powerforward though, and he plays the same puck-protecting kind of game as Kassian

Other PWF's/ NHL-ready prospects I was thinking about were

Colin Wilson-NSH

Tom Wilson-WSH

Gustav Nyquist-DET

Thomas Tatar-DET

Brandon Saad-CHI

or

the always mentioned Nick Bjugstad

Yea, that's what I was thinking, a couple of picks, and a guy like Rodin who is smaller and the same limited NHL potential. He is a great powerforward though, and he plays the same puck-protecting kind of game as Kassian

Other PWF's/ NHL-ready prospects I was thinking about were

Colin Wilson-NSH

Tom Wilson-WSH

Gustav Nyquist-DET

Thomas Tatar-DET

Brandon Saad-CHI

or

the always mentioned Nick Bjugstad

Thomas Tatar is too small for my liking. (5'11" 176) My favourite on that list is Colin Wilson. I think he has the best upside out of all the prospects you listed. But Nashville's asking price would be too high. But you never know. I've seen stranger things happen.

Very true, they're also without Hornqvist indefinitely. So I could see them wanting a good scorer back. I would have said Booth+, but he's injured too. Maybe Raymond + Schroeder and a pick (Second rounder?). It's a lot, but it's what Nashville needs, and we would get a skilled, big prospect our way.

Archived