Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herberts Vasiljevs

Cory's story

66 posts in this topic

A fantastic story and a great job by the Canucks to feature it. It's stories like this that'll help break down barriers in the world and make it easier for anyone who is different to live their lives with their heads held high.

It's great that he's your team mate because you get a chance to support him and show him how proud you obviously are of him. That's what team mates are for! Good on you for being so encouraging to him.

Wishing young Cory all the best in his future, as I'm sure many challenges still lie ahead for him

Very cool!

It's awesome that the Canucks brought Cory to Rogers Arena, that was a class act move and a strong show of support.

I read the story & it really lifted me up. Sad to see some ignorant trolls are trying to comment all over it. They'll never have the bravery of young Cory.

Not an easy road-but good luck Cory in transitioning to how you truly want to be.

Shout out to Cory Schneider as well-represents our team with complete CLASS.

Really makes me think of how a kid at 9-years of age can make their own choice to take pills that diminish the effects of puberty

I guess when you know, you know..

Best of luck to her (him)

Great story! Wish Cory all the best. Takes a lot of courage to be yourself.

Don't normally like these kinds of stories, mainly because I don't really understand, but this one is truly heartfelt. You're very brave, Cory! Keep on keepin' on!

Yeah Cory!

I hope to burn a dutch and talk hockey with you someday. Best of luck in your career & maybe you'll be a Canuck tender someday!

Inspired.

Great life story...puts life and hockey in perspective, doesn't it? Kudos to Cory and Cory.

Short answer: You can't.

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

If I'm the only one that sees this as CHILD ABUSE then so be it.

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.

Short answer: You can't.

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

If I'm the only one that sees this as CHILD ABUSE then so be it.

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.