#1 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

POPULAR

I'm not sure if you've read Cory's story yet, but here it is: http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

I just came home from school because I have a free block, and I just read this article. Cory happens to be my teammate on one of the house team's in the Ridge Meadows Minor Hockey Association for Midget.

Cory has never said much in the dressing room since joining our team, but after just finding out about Cory's big decision, I now understand how this must have been a very difficult transition to make.

Cory, you're very brave for what you did, and you've gone on about this like a champ! I have mad respect for you and this is truly an inspiration to kids in school all around the world.

We have a game tonight at 6:15 at Pitt Meadows Arena Chrysler Gold. I'm hoping that some of you can come down tonight and support Cory. He deserves it!

Steve.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#2 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

A fantastic story and a great job by the Canucks to feature it. It's stories like this that'll help break down barriers in the world and make it easier for anyone who is different to live their lives with their heads held high.

It's great that he's your team mate because you get a chance to support him and show him how proud you obviously are of him. That's what team mates are for! Good on you for being so encouraging to him.

Wishing young Cory all the best in his future, as I'm sure many challenges still lie ahead for him
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#3 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

very inspiring!

#4 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Very cool!

It's awesome that the Canucks brought Cory to Rogers Arena, that was a class act move and a strong show of support.

#5 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I read the story & it really lifted me up. Sad to see some ignorant trolls are trying to comment all over it. They'll never have the bravery of young Cory.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#6 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Saw this on FB earlier.

Very nice story :)

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Not an easy road-but good luck Cory in transitioning to how you truly want to be.

Shout out to Cory Schneider as well-represents our team with complete CLASS.

#8 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Really makes me think of how a kid at 9-years of age can make their own choice to take pills that diminish the effects of puberty

I guess when you know, you know..

Best of luck to her (him)

#9 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Great story! Wish Cory all the best. Takes a lot of courage to be yourself.

#10 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Don't normally like these kinds of stories, mainly because I don't really understand, but this one is truly heartfelt. You're very brave, Cory! Keep on keepin' on!
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#11 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yeah Cory!

I hope to burn a dutch and talk hockey with you someday. Best of luck in your career & maybe you'll be a Canuck tender someday!

Inspired.
Posted Image

#12 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Good stuff

#13 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Awesome! Keep on chuggin' buddy.

Posted Image

#14 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Great life story...puts life and hockey in perspective, doesn't it? Kudos to Cory and Cory.

#15 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Very nice story, good luck in the future Cory

#16 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,143 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wow, great story!

307mg00.jpg

#17 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

POPULAR

Really makes me think of how a kid at 9-years of age can make their own choice to take pills that diminish the effects of puberty

Short answer: You can't.

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

If I'm the only one that sees this as CHILD ABUSE then so be it.

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.

#18 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

POPULAR

They drugged their 9 year old daughter out of puberty because she liked Superman instead of Barbie.....

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 29 January 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#19 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.

I totally get where you're coming from. At the same time though, the hormonal pills may have needed to be taken at a certain age in order to have any effect.

Still boggles my mind though.. I took a class on Gender/Sexuality in university and theres some pretty crazy stuff that go on in people's minds. Impossible to understand really unless you're feeling what they are..

I didn't think they would allow kids to undergo these changes at such a young age though in our more modern era. Must be relatively risk free now though.. if a tranny can end up looking like that Ms. Universe pageant contestant anything is possible these days.

#20 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yeah right.

Its not like the Mother got the hormone pills off the street in back alley behind a bar.

The only way to get them is with the prescription from a trained, qualified and registered Medical Doctor.
If ever it was deemed unsafe or unfit for a child to take such pills the doctor I am sure would have immediately objected.

You don't know what life was like for Cory, sometimes nature makes mistakes and if we are capable of correcting those mistakes great.

If a child was born blind and only after taking a pill through adolescence there could be a chance of this child one day being able to see would it be Child Abuse for the parents to give them those pills?

For me I don't see the difference. I am happy for Cory to find a way to live life on HIS own terms.

Edited by Aladeen, 29 January 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Rick Rypien

Rick Rypien

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Yeah right.

I played my last year of Midget hockey last year and I can tell you that if a player on the team didn't have a penis, someone would notice. It sounds bad, but be it through showering, swimming at a hotel during an away tournament or just changing in general it seems strange that no one would notice.
Posted Image

#22 BoggyDepot

BoggyDepot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Have to agree on the borderline child abuse statement. I'm curious about how there were no restrictions on the drugs given to the kid for the purpose of which they were intending. Obviously the hormonal drugs exist for medical reasons, but this wasn't really a medical issue and yet they simply doled out the drugs to a 9 year old kid..
------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Have to agree on the borderline child abuse statement. I'm curious about how there were no restrictions on the drugs given to the kid for the purpose of which they were intending. Obviously the hormonal drugs exist for medical reasons, but this wasn't really a medical issue and yet they simply doled out the drugs to a 9 year old kid..

So you are qualified to determine what is and what isn't a medical issue? I'm curious if someone you loved was to live a life of mental stress (possibly anguish) and social anxiety and it could be effectively treated with medication, would you deprive them of that even if they were a child?

I'm sorry for all you people that think or agree with the statement that this is Child abuse, you are flat out wrong! Unless you intimately know more details than what the story offers and you are qualified to make such medical determinations (which I highly doubt anyone who has posted so far is) then you should be ashamed for posting such slanderous garbage!

If those two things do not apply to you, think for a minute what if Cory were to read this thread and see what you are writing about his parents, who I am inclined to believe love Cory more than anything in this world and only want was best for him. I guarantee they didn't take lightly the decision to give their child medication, and I am sure that decision was only made after consultation (probably many consultations) with medical professionals.
Posted Image

#24 dhawk11

dhawk11

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

No one tell god or he will be pissed off

She is still a girl or women,

#25 BoggyDepot

BoggyDepot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

So you are qualified to determine what is and what isn't a medical issue? I'm curious if someone you loved was to live a life of mental stress (possibly anguish) and social anxiety and it could be effectively treated with medication, would you deprive them of that even if they were a child?

A 9 year old is, without a doubt, incapable of making a permanent life altering decision like this about themselves. If you think they are you're off your rocker.

And yes, I would absolutely deny a 9 year old child of being medicated simply because they're stressed. Are you kidding me? My 9 year old niece was so stressed that she didn't get to go to Disneyland last summer, maybe we should have put her on medication! I don't need to be a doctor to know that choosing hot wheels over barbies is not a medical issue.
------------------------------------------------------------

#26 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Just want to point out that y'all appear to be on the verge of getting into an argument over a very complicated subject, based mostly on a fluff piece on canucks.com that actually ends with the sentence "It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Cory." (seriously).

If you're going to argue it, base it off something more substantial than this garbage, because it's a very interesting topic that deserves better.

#27 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm sorry for all you people that think or agree with the statement that this is Child abuse, you are flat out wrong! Unless you intimately know more details than what the story offers and you are qualified to make such medical determinations (which I highly doubt anyone who has posted so far is) then you should be ashamed for posting such slanderous garbage!

If those two things do not apply to you, think for a minute what if Cory were to read this thread and see what you are writing about his parents, who I am inclined to believe love Cory more than anything in this world and only want was best for him. I guarantee they didn't take lightly the decision to give their child medication, and I am sure that decision was only made after consultation (probably many consultations) with medical professionals.

So well said! Yes, there is always concerns, but by law we give doctors and parents the rights to be gardians over our children. As a parent of 2 adults in their 20's, I can only imagine the internal anguish they must have gone through to make this decision to even talk to the DOCTORS, as this decision would strike fear into any loving parents heart,
I can tell you this, if I had to make a choice over an amputation or my childs life, it would be a no brainer, and their decision would have been based on fact, and love.(Point and Metaphor) And not the fear of some homophobic bigit on CDC.........and don't bring god into this equation people, cause he/she makes decisions every day that we don't understand and never will. If you are into that sort of thing. Just try to love your fellow beings and do not judge until you have walked in their shoes!!!!! Sorry for the surmonizing!
Live your life Cory the way you want and live, laugh and love and ignore those others!

#28 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

A 9 year old is, without a doubt, incapable of making a permanent life altering decision like this about themselves. If you think they are you're off your rocker.

And yes, I would absolutely deny a 9 year old child of being medicated simply because they're stressed. Are you kidding me? My 9 year old niece was so stressed that she didn't get to go to Disneyland last summer, maybe we should have put her on medication! I don't need to be a doctor to know that choosing hot wheels over barbies is not a medical issue.

Your niece sounds like a spoiled brat, probably created by parents that didn't teach patience, there by stressing the poor little deary to death....talk about parent abuse! Great decision there!

#29 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just want to point out that y'all appear to be on the verge of getting into an argument over a very complicated subject, based mostly on a fluff piece on canucks.com that actually ends with the sentence "It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Cory." (seriously).

If you're going to argue it, base it off something more substantial than this garbage, because it's a very interesting topic that deserves better.

Wrote both my speaches while you were posting, but you are right, just hate seeing people judge other people! But I'll stand on the live, love, laugh advice to Cory

#30 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

In other news!!!???

http://www.huffingto..._n_2579630.html

Congratulations Gomer!!!??

Posted Image

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.