The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory's story

Herberts Vasiljevs

I'm not sure if you've read Cory's story yet, but here it is: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=653098&navid=DL|VAN|home

I just came home from school because I have a free block, and I just read this article. Cory happens to be my teammate on one of the house team's in the Ridge Meadows Minor Hockey Association for Midget.

Cory has never said much in the dressing room since joining our team, but after just finding out about Cory's big decision, I now understand how this must have been a very difficult transition to make.

Cory, you're very brave for what you did, and you've gone on about this like a champ! I have mad respect for you and this is truly an inspiration to kids in school all around the world.

We have a game tonight at 6:15 at Pitt Meadows Arena Chrysler Gold. I'm hoping that some of you can come down tonight and support Cory. He deserves it!

Steve.

A fantastic story and a great job by the Canucks to feature it. It's stories like this that'll help break down barriers in the world and make it easier for anyone who is different to live their lives with their heads held high.

It's great that he's your team mate because you get a chance to support him and show him how proud you obviously are of him. That's what team mates are for! Good on you for being so encouraging to him.

Wishing young Cory all the best in his future, as I'm sure many challenges still lie ahead for him

Short answer: You can't.

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

If I'm the only one that sees this as CHILD ABUSE then so be it.

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.

Short answer: You can't.

There is so much more to this than we are being told. Of course it just comes out as some feel good piece to which everyone must agree, or be labelled an insensitive, hating, bigoted, intolerant blowhard .... but feeding your child hormones at a critical stage of their development in an attempt to alter their gender?

If I'm the only one that sees this as CHILD ABUSE then so be it.

SHE could not have done so without HER mothers explicit consent. And the fact that she gave it is criminal.

Also, to the OP, the article mentions that SHE has yet to undergo any kind of surgery. Are you trying to tell us that you shared a locker room with a GIRL, who clearly has no PENIS... and nobody noticed?

Yeah right.

Hate on me if you want but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me in saying this is flat out child abuse.

Archived