The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack Has Hip Surgery - Out 6 Months!

MJDDawg

Just heard on Team 1040 that Gillis has confirmed Eddie is gone for the year. Apparently surgery was successful so hope Eddie makes a full recovery and we see him 100% healthy next year at training camp.

Don't think this affects anything on the Lui trade front, for this year anyway. Any thoughts?

Edit: Also confirmed by @BradZiemer.

Official press release:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=653134

Damn.. didn't realize his injury was that serious

Hopefully he recovers better than ever, he's missing a year of valuable playing experience!

Seemed to have a good attitude in his blogs. Positivity goes a long way during recovery.

Good Luck Eddie! :canucks:

Oh nvm, for some reason I was reading 'Alex Edler' and not Eddie Lack.

That's unfortunate for Lack. Hope he recovers okay for next year. On the flip side, this gives Cannata a chance to shine for the Wolves, especially with Climie injured as well.

He's been on the shelf too long. It was starting to sound as though something more serious was up.

I don't think he was part of our plans this season anyways so it probably doesn't change much in terms of the Luongo situation, but it delays his development quite a bit which is unfortunate.

Happy healing Eddie

Isn't hip surgery one of the worst surgery for hockey players?

Cloutier was never the same, Morrison took a couple of years to fully recover, even Kesler seemed like he lost a step.

Hopefully since Lack is still young, he can fully recover.... but I'm kinda expecting a down year for him upcoming season.

Isn't hip surgery one of the worst surgery for hockey players?

Cloutier was never the same, Morrison took a couple of years to fully recover, even Kesler seemed like he lost a step.

Hopefully since Lack is still young, he can fully recover.... but I'm kinda expecting a down year for him upcoming season.

Archived