61 replies to this topic

#1 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Who do you think will benefit the most when Kesler returns from his injury and is injected back into his second line centre position?

A lot of these panic threads seem to be short-sighted and forget the impact Kesler has when he is in the lineup. It's a long ways away, but we shouldn't be blowing our team up when we haven't seen it perform at its full capacity.

I think the Sedins will benefit the most as it frees them up from defensive zone work (face-offs) and opposing teams will have to put some focus on our other superstar that is Ryan Kesler.

Other notable beneficiaries: The PP, Burrows, Schneider...

#2 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

His #swag

Posted Image

#3 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sorry even though Kesler has an excellent defensive game and a strong offensive game, I would not consider him a superstar.

Back on topic, I hope we ease Kesler back into the lineup. Maybe let him play a few games then give him a day off (unless our team is really struggling) because we need him to be healthy in the playoffs.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#4 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

POPULAR

Sorry even though Kesler has an excellent defensive game and a strong offensive game, I would not consider him a superstar.

Back on topic, I hope we ease Kesler back into the lineup. Maybe let him play a few games then give him a day off (unless our team is really struggling) because we need him to be healthy in the playoffs.

Last fully healthy season he had he had 40 goals,(Not to mention not far behind the Sedins in points during the playoffs)

that's a superstar in my book.

#5 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I just wish we had some sort of update or timeline on Kes....like reallyyyyy nothing?
Right now I don't even know if we should count on him coming back to the lineup or not
Go Canucks Go

#6 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I just wish we had some sort of update or timeline on Kes....like reallyyyyy nothing?
Right now I don't even know if we should count on him coming back to the lineup or not

Supposed to be getting an update Feb 7th

#7 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Who do you think will benefit the most when Kesler returns from his injury and is injected back into his second line centre position?

Other notable beneficiaries: The PP, Burrows, Schneider...

DEF the PP. PK as well. Overall the team will benefit from his defensive play as he can shutdown the other teams top lines.7

This is all assuming he can get back up to speed quickly

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#8 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

If he comes back like he did last year, no one on his line will benefit. He has to return playing well.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 29 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#9 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

DEF the PP. PK as well. Overall the team will benefit from his defensive play as he can shutdown the other teams top lines.7

This is all assuming he can get back up to speed quickly

Well he probably won't be up to speed right away, but I can basically attribute his lack of excellence last year to him still being injured.

#10 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

His and Booth's return will have a trickle down effect on our line-up.

Everyone will be slotted in at the correct positions and they'll both eat a ton of minutes.

#11 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

POPULAR

Last fully healthy season he had he had 40 goals,(Not to mention not far behind the Sedins in points during the playoffs)

that's a superstar in my book.

Cheechoo must a god in your books then!

Sig too big. 

#12 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

The whole team will benefit

#13 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I think one of the big reasons our faceoff percentage is taking a bit it is because of the loss of Kesler.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#14 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hopefully it will benefit the Sedins when Burrows moves back where he belongs and makes it a complete line again...

#15 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Holds a team record for most goals scored in a season.

#16 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Malhotra will definitely benefit from Kes' return.

Less pressure to win FO's and more rest time cuz we will have

H.Sedin
Kesler
Schroeder
Lapierre

At center so we can scratch him occasionally.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#17 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Kesler had 2 seasons of 70+ pts. Cheechoo's season was a fluke. now if Cheechoo had 2 seasons of greatness then got injured and regressed, i would say he was close.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#18 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

His and Booth's return will have a trickle down effect on our line-up.

Everyone will be slotted in at the correct positions and they'll both eat a ton of minutes.

Me like this. That is the bottom line.

I also reckon (or realized) that his d work is a big component to the Canucks being difficult to play against.

The Canucks are a machine with that 1-2 punch with the first 2 lines intact.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#19 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,449 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Kes could not raise his arm above his shoulder at last report.

Gillis and the .org will need a 2c if Kesler cannot return to form.

This whole team's success revolves around a very healthy Kesler and we don't know if we will ever see that guy this year or next year or any year ever again.

Shame Luo is holding down the fort as they could use him for trade bait otherwise.

#20 shattenkirk8

shattenkirk8

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Kesler is the best player on our team, hands down. The Sedin's get points, but he's a 1st line PP, 1st line PK, he's out there last minute of the game, he blocks, hits, passes and scores. I wouldn't call him a 2nd line center but a 1st line B centre, if you got the best 2-way forward in the game I don't know how it doesn't have an influence

gallery_42012_46_1660.png

#21 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

CDC will benefit with having new threads to create. The team will also benefit with having a legit top 6 fwd back in the lineup

#22 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Kesler is a C, his job is to set up wingers.. and as a C, he scored and exceeded any expectation of a centre.. He played like a monster before getting injured..

As for Cheechoo, he played with Joe Thornton, the same guy who is helping Marleau tear it up. So your comparison is stupid.

You don't understand hockey.

#23 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

He may not be a "superstar", but I don't think we can understate the importance of Kesler to this team. He is the crux of the team. The system works when he is healthy and in the lineup.

He takes offensive pressure off the Sedins, takes defensive pressure off the Sedins, shuts down other teams' top players, helps the powerplay, helps the penalty kill, is strong on faceoffs and will allow everyone else to slide into their proper positions and roles.

Right now there is no consistent threat behind the Sedins and Kesler can also play a power role that we need more of.

We need a healthy Kesler.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#24 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I don't know but anyone else notice that not one of our players has taken a dive all year (at least I haven't noticed anyone). Any bets that will change shortly after he comes back?

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#25 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Reports are Kes started Skating as of Thursday and doing lines, so hopefully he's in good condition.

He'll have a dramatic effect on our special teams, PK and PP, not to mention faceoffs.

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#26 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Don't forget although you want him back in the lineup its going to take him a few weeks to get back into the rithem of the NHL speed and fisicality of the game once he gets his sea legs back it will be a positive influence on the whole team ... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#27 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hope the dude stops taking shifts at Save-On's and starts taking shifts on the ice instead. Would be good to have him back.

#28 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I think getting Kesler back, even if he's rusty, will do wonders.

Say what you want about him (and I myself have said a lot about his diving and whining), but this team needs a guy like Kesler badly. He brings so much emotion and drive in addition to his ability. We'll be getting back a focal point on both our #1 special teams' units, a great face-off guy, and also just somebody who plays all 3 zones hard.

Can you imagine how much more control the Canucks could have on a game with him? He wins face-offs well, and if he doesn't he'll want the puck back like a junkyard dog wants scraps. Guarantee we won't be getting trapped in our zone as much either. Even if he isn't scoring as much, he does a lot of the little things during a game to help the team.

dontforgettolentil.png

#29 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

He hasn't played hockey in almost a year.

Even if he does come back this season (which is questionable) how effective do you really believe he'll be?

We are seeing the effects of bad conditioning from most of our players who chose to play with kids down at UBC and call that training/preparation.

Multiply that x10 and you have what Kes will be when he gets back. He has done what equates to ZERO during the last 9+ months... not his fault mind you, but for those expecting him to ride in on his black steed snorting fire and brimstone onto the opposition - you are delusional.

Gillis needs to get Luongo the hell out of here and shore up our holes. I heard he was waiting 10 games to "have a look at our team" - that 10 games can't come soon enough.
I like Schroeder but he isn't the answer, neither is Ebbett.

Could you imagine if Raymond and Kassian hadn't stepped up like they have? We'd be 0-6
(and I'm on record as not being MayRays biggest fan but thankfully he's playing well right now)

Edited by darkpoet, 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#30 canuck cole

canuck cole

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Reports are Kes started Skating as of Thursday and doing lines, so hopefully he's in good condition.

He'll have a dramatic effect on our special teams, PK and PP, not to mention faceoffs.

Oh god now he has a drug problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.