The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Influence

j3ff

Kesler and Booth are starting to frustrate people, they just rest, rest and rest! I know they are not feeling good physically, but just play already! Or at the very least, give us a deadline as to when they will play. I don't think the fans deserve to just keep waiting and guessing when they will play again....

Kesler and Booth are starting to frustrate people, they just rest, rest and rest! I know they are not feeling good physically, but just play already! Or at the very least, give us a deadline as to when they will play. I don't think the fans deserve to just keep waiting and guessing when they will play again....

It all depends how long it takes for him to get up to speed. Who knows how many games that will take. Who knows which Kesler we will see. Last years Kesler did many things without the puck well but did not score that much. Then there is the one who can score a ton of goals. Especially parking his ass in front of the net on the PP and helping the PP produce. Thus preventing us from losing 2-0 leads and punishing teams for taking penalties against us agian. Either version will be helpful but in order to us regain elite status and be a real threat, Kesler will have to regain 2011 form.

It will take some time for Kes to get into game shape. Even if he doesn't return to top form, he still adds so much to this team. His energy and 'never give up' attitude is infectious. He is a team leader and is a extremely versitile player. I'm pretty sure his teammates are looking forward to his return.

Kesler can skate, shoot, and back-check, and could certainly help any team, "BUT" if he comes back, and plays in the selfish manor he displayed in his last season, his good points will be cancelled out by his bad points. Nobody wants to play on a line with a guy that won't pass the puck. You can get away with it if you score, but last year his injuries negated the effectiveness of his shot. I'm not giving him a breaking with the injury issues either, as he could have made a pass injured or not. Passing not only keeps his team mates happier, but also keeps the opposition's defence guessing. His shot was ineffective, and he was easy to read last year. I think Kesler has to realize this, and will come back with a better mind set, that will help the team more.

Did you guys even look at what I was replying to? Or did you just decide that I'm putting Kesler down so I must be stupid.

OP was calling Kesler a SUPERSTAR based on ONE 40 goal season. I understand Kesler is a great second liner, but calling him a superstar is ridiculous.

Kes could not raise his arm above his shoulder at last report.

Gillis and the .org will need a 2c if Kesler cannot return to form.

This whole team's success revolves around a very healthy Kesler and we don't know if we will ever see that guy this year or next year or any year ever again.

Shame Luo is holding down the fort as they could use him for trade bait otherwise.

Well it wasn't OP,

and it was also based on his playoff performance during a healthy season, as well as invaluable defensive and special teams play. Not to mention him being one of the players that always plays with passion on the team, some thing the team could really use now.

And Kesler had that great of a season, playing C on the SECOND LINE, Face it, Kesler is a superstar, and the most you can say against him is to only criticize his great offensive capability while playing a 2nd line position.

Archived