#1 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Old but relevant...

New credit and debit card data from the first weekend of the new NHL season shows Vancouver hockey fans are spending the most in the country on restaurants, bars, and merchandise.

Restaurant sales were up 19 per cent in Vancouver for the Canucks’ season-opener Jan. 19 while bar sales were up 34 per cent, according to Moneris, a payment processing company. The spike in numbers for an NHL game was the best in the country.

Some Vancouver businesses noticed the difference right away.

“Yeah, it’s pretty drastic for us, being a sports bar,” said Tim Murphy, general manager for the Shark Club.

Though some anticipated fans would return slowly after the NHL lockout, “We’ve noticed the exact opposite here,” Murphy said, adding sales were up nearly 30 per cent.

Fans broke records after Canucks ownership announced a half-off jersey sale to start the season, snapping up 8,500 jerseys throughout the team’s first three home games.

Meanwhile, data obtained from social media search engine Topsy.com found that the Canucks were tweeted about 30 per cent more than their hated rivals the Toronto Maple Leafs.

“People love the Canucks, not just because they love hockey but they like feeling like a part of this community of Canucks fans,” said Alexandra Samuel, vice-president of social media at Vision Critical.

“What social media does really well is help you find your people.”

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...6#ixzz2JRLfHWG4

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#2 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

What a bump to the restaurant and bar clientèle. How fuming mad must be the food establishment owners have been having to deal with this crap 2x in 10 years.

#3 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

how many $1 hot dogs did they sell, i swear to god there was like 500 people lined up to get hot dogs at every intermission lol

#4 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Why are there still so many fake jerseys seen out there with that many being sold?
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#5 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

how many $1 hot dogs did they sell, i swear to god there was like 500 people lined up to get hot dogs at every intermission lol

The better question might be (after the BC Place news), how many of those hot dogs were past their expiration date?
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#6 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Why are there still so many fake jerseys seen out there with that many being sold?

I'm guessing most of those sales were for first timers or for people who picked up another jersey because they got tired of wearing their other one. I picked up a couple just to add to my plethora of Canucks jerseys but that's just me.... But I actually saw a couple people who were wearing fake jerseys, come out with a brand new spanking jersey, dump their fake one, and wore their newly bought jersey. So it's a sign...

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#7 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

No doubt, they are so fugly

Posted Image

#8 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm guessing most of those sales were for first timers or for people who picked up another jersey because they got tired of wearing their other one. I picked up a couple just to add to my plethora of Canucks jerseys but that's just me.... But I actually saw a couple people who were wearing fake jerseys, come out with a brand new spanking jersey, dump their fake one, and wore their newly bought jersey. So it's a sign...

The Canucks marketing should do something similar to Montreal few years ago.. Give in your fake jersey and get a replica half off and authentic 25% off (I think that what it was)..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.