13 replies to this topic

#1 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

(posted this in a dead forum by mistake)

i think a good spot for luongo would be phoenix, im sure he would sell some tickets and he obviously likes hot places(florida) phoenix's goaltending is really bad, both their goalies are doing terribly and aren't getting any better. Chad Johnson did have a shutout in his one game, however he has played less then 10 in his whole career.

Luongo, Schroeder, 4th for mike smith/La Barbera, Korpikoski/bissonette, hanzal

So phoenix gets a good goalie and we get a pretty crappy goalie, but atleast they're inexpensive at 2m or 1.5m. They both have only 1 year left and im sure by next year Lack will be ready. We obviously need to take one to give them room for luongo, and for canucks to have a backup. Korpikoski/bissonette is the real value of the trade- both great prospects, young, playing well. And Hanzal fits that 3rd line center spot perfectly. He's 6"6, 240, and a great checker. He can score some points shown by last years playoffs. Hes laso 25, and at a reasonable 3.1 caphit for 5 years. To fill in that void we trade Schroeder, hes good but we dont need him if we have hanzal, and hes small and canucks are trying to get big.

Some additional notes: I realize Luongo might not want to go to Phoenix, but i think he would because there is way less pressure, and it is that extra bit closer to home

what do you think, this is my first attempt

Edited by papagrizz, 30 January 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#2 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Lol mike smith being a crappy goalie.

.930% 2.21 gaa and 38 wins

Very similar to lundqvists last season, and he faced 300 more shots.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

The trade doesn't really make sense for either side.

zackass.png

#4 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

The trade doesn't really make sense for either side.

This. Why would we want another number 1 goalie in Smith back? Isn't that the situation we're dealing with now? And Pheonix doesn't have a lot of depth up front. So I don't see them giving up any forwards, even with Schroeder going back. If they were going to trade Smith, which they won't be, it would be once Visntein is ready. And even then, they would ship Smith off for a top line forward.

Edited by laxgoalie, 30 January 2013 - 06:49 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Also, how are Korpokoski and Bissonette interchangeable? Ones a key top-6 player for them and ones a 4th-line plug.
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#6 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Also, how are Korpokoski and Bissonette interchangeable? Ones a key top-6 player for them and ones a 4th-line plug.

sorry i meant to say boedker

#7 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Lol mike smith being a crappy goalie.

.930% 2.21 gaa and 38 wins

Very similar to lundqvists last season, and he faced 300 more shots.

if you look at his stats that was the only good season he had, and this year it looks like hes back to playing like he usually does,

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Do you even know who Mike Smith is? And no, Luongo won't be playing for Phoenix anytime in the forseeable future.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,143 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

"He obviously likes hot places" :lol:

His wife is from Florida, it's where they met. That's why he likes Florida, not because it's hot. Even if it was, there's a big difference between Florida surrounded by water and Arizona surrounded by desert.

This is just a horribly designed deal. If Smith is a one year wonder (he has the tools but perhaps something else is the issue) they'd likely look at cheaper options, like dealing for Bernier, Bishop, Hackett, etc. They could even go after Backstrom if Minny doesn't re-sign him but Luongo isn't in their plans right now.

We don't really want LaBarbera back or need Smith with Schneider here, and the other players you've included in the deal are decent but leave too large a hole for Phoenix in their forwards. You have consider all aspects of the deal, not just what on paper value might be.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#10 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

"He obviously likes hot places" :lol:

His wife is from Florida, it's where they met. That's why he likes Florida, not because it's hot. Even if it was, there's a big difference between Florida surrounded by water and Arizona surrounded by desert.

This is just a horribly designed deal. If Smith is a one year wonder (he has the tools but perhaps something else is the issue) they'd likely look at cheaper options, like dealing for Bernier, Bishop, Hackett, etc. They could even go after Backstrom if Minny doesn't re-sign him but Luongo isn't in their plans right now.

We don't really want LaBarbera back or need Smith with Schneider here, and the other players you've included in the deal are decent but leave too large a hole for Phoenix in their forwards. You have consider all aspects of the deal, not just what on paper value might be.

ya i guess youre right

#11 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

LOL BIZNASTY A PROSPECT. Ya right. Also, Korpikoski aint a prospect either. Plus, as many have said, Smith is far from a crap goalie.

#12 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

We might as well trade Schneider, instead.
Posted Image

#13 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Your proposal makes no sense and Mike Smith is not a crappy goalie. Plus Luongo's contract is too expensive for a team like Phoenix. That franchise can barely make ends meet, they don't even have a proper owner yet

Edited by Super_Canuck, 30 January 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#14 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'd say Colorado badly needs a solid goalie.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.