Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

March Coyotes/Kings Road Trip

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Radaloo

Radaloo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Sorry if this is already a topic. Going on my first roadie on March 21 & 23. If anybody else is going, do you know a good gathering place in Phoenix or LA near the arenas. It would be a blast to have a large group of fans take over a venue before/after a game. Any ideas or previous experience?

#2 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

If you are going to Phoenix stay in Scottsdale. It's very nice! Lots to do. I booked my hotel from hotwire.com

We stayed at a nice resort style hotel. It's in the entertainment district. Lots of pubs around it and night clubs. It's about a half hour drive to the arena.

As for LA, I have yet to go on the trip there yet.

#3 Radaloo

Radaloo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

If you are going to Phoenix stay in Scottsdale. It's very nice! Lots to do. I booked my hotel from hotwire.com

We stayed at a nice resort style hotel. It's in the entertainment district. Lots of pubs around it and night clubs. It's about a half hour drive to the arena.

As for LA, I have yet to go on the trip there yet.

I already booked hotels near both arenas (Marriott in Glendale & Figueroa in LA). Walking distance to the games, but I don't know if there is a watering hole near them that fans would gather at, like the Shark Club or Kingston here.

#4 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Well when you get to the arena in Glendale, its sorrounded by businesses! A couple restuarants. Lots of shops. You'll feel like your at a home game. When I went it was dominated by Green and Blue!

#5 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Big gathering spot right across street in L.A

#6 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

In LA, everyone just gathers across the street from Staples Center, LA LIve. Just open space with resturants and bars around it.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#7 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Im so envious. I have never gone on the road to see a nux game. Well I lived in Calgary for a few years and saw games there but Im thinking its not as cool as going to Phoenix or LA. Hope you have fun.

Edited by CanuckCup1316, 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.