Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] BMO Ready to Go

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#31 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,443 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

No way, he's not making this team.

#32 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Morrison outplayed almost everyone in the training camp and got released.

AV mishandled BMO for sure - you can't deny that.

What the hell....

He was offered a 2 way contract.. He wanted a 1 way contract, and to play on the top 6 .
he was not released..... we offered him at minimum but a 2 way contract, but he thinks hes a nhler. so he rejected it and signed with Calgary which is fine. Since when do Canucks guarantee top 6 role to players who are on try out contracts? A.V handled it wrong? Are you kidding me? having him on the team, would have cut into Hodgson's developement time also.

We did the right thing. Maybe we shouldn't have offered him the tryout in the first place. As far as I know, he's severed his ties with the Canucks, at his own doing.

that ship sailed when we chose Schaefer over him

He was offered a 2 way contract.. He wanted a 1 way contract, and to play on the top 6 .

I don't get the B-Mo hate. He wasn't offered a contract by the Canucks so he signed with a team that would let him play.

He was offered a 2 way contract.. He wanted a 1 way contract, and to play on the top 6 role.

the Vancouver Canucks are entitled to offer a player a 2 way contract who is on a tryout contract. don't forget this guys. I know some CAnucks fans here are on serious crack. I'm not even sure how the hell you guys forgot what he said. Unbelievable. It's like you kids follow the Canucks periodically, here and there. WE OFFERED HIM A 2 WAY CONTRACT WHICH HE DECLINED.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#33 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

No thanks.
Posted Image

#34 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

We really need youthful centers right now, but BMO will do. Our only faceoff man above 50% is Malhotra, everyone else has shocking percentages and BMO was one of the best in that arena.

I say snag him if we don't trade for a quality 40 point-pace guy up the middle.
Posted Image

#35 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'd love to give him a chance but not at the cost of sending Schroeder down. Don't the Canucks have no roster space already? MG doesn't seem to want to put Ebbet on waivers so Schroeder will be sent down if we sign BMO.

No thanks.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#36 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Question: Why is CDC, including a lot of veteran posters here, so in love with currently injured or fairly injury-prone vets?

comeundone.gif

#37 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Question: Why is CDC, including a lot of veteran posters here, so in love with currently injured or fairly injury-prone vets?

I am not in love with the idea, but he can still play and for league min (pro rated at that) he would be a good insurance policy without going the trade route. What happens if we get an a roll, another center goes down and Kesler isn't back yet? I would personally prefer a veteran Morrison (with top 6 experience) to someone like Ebbet.

Even if he rides the pine or sits in the press box off and on. Hell we are doing that with Barker, Alberts
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#38 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

What the hell....

he was not released..... we offered him at minimum but a 2 way contract, but he thinks hes a nhler. so he rejected it and signed with Calgary which is fine. Since when do Canucks guarantee top 6 role to players who are on try out contracts? A.V handled it wrong? Are you kidding me? having him on the team, would have cut into Hodgson's developement time also.

We did the right thing. Maybe we shouldn't have offered him the tryout in the first place. As far as I know, he's severed his ties with the Canucks, at his own doing.

He was offered a 2 way contract.. He wanted a 1 way contract, and to play on the top 6 role.

the Vancouver Canucks are entitled to offer a player a 2 way contract who is on a tryout contract. don't forget this guys. I know some CAnucks fans here are on serious crack. I'm not even sure how the hell you guys forgot what he said. Unbelievable. It's like you kids follow the Canucks periodically, here and there. WE OFFERED HIM A 2 WAY CONTRACT WHICH HE DECLINED.

A two-way contract is a pretty bad gesture considering he has been an ironman, performing successfully for a whole year with rarely any injuries for this team.

I'd say that's a Gillis issue then.

Now you're just shaming him for wanting a 1-way deal. There's nothing wrong with wanting a 1-way deal. Everyone wants security.

Something we won't know is how much money he's asking for though and the terms.

I can understand if Gillis doesn't want to give him a three year deal but if it's just one year and for a set price, there's nothing wrong with that.

Mishandled IMHO.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#39 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

What the hell....

Actually in training camp he clearly earned a contract, but we low balled him and offered a 2 way deal. We did mishandle him, as he was better than alot of people in our camp and could have been a great addition.

And it was 10/11, not 11/12. It wouldn't have cut into Cody's time, Cody rarely played for us in the regular season and when he did he was on the 4th line.

I don't want him this time around though Schroeder has proven to be plenty capable.

zackass.png

#40 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I've always loved Morrison, but he doesn't have a place on this team unfortunately. It's definitely been sad to see his decline though, I remember that big iron man streak he had going when he was with the Canucks.... its a shame that had to snowball into such a rash of injuries. Hope he lands somewhere and gets to end his career on a respectable note.

abl8vt.jpg

#41 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

I don't get the B-Mo hate. He wasn't offered a contract by the Canucks so he signed with a team that would let him play.

Me neither. I mean, 2010 training camp he performed way better than others and got cut. Terrible

Edited by schlaBAM, 03 February 2013 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#42 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 27,785 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'd rather see Linden make a comeback as he hits, has size and versatility.

But he's happy as a retired hockey player.

We need a centre with size, speed, and skill, preferably one who's young.
Kinda like that Gaunce kid we drafted.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#43 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Morrison outplayed almost everyone in the training camp and got released.

AV mishandled BMO for sure - you can't deny that.

Yeah, and management signed Peter Schaefer instead. I can't forget that mistake. Morrison went on to have an okay season.

Edited by CB007, 02 February 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#44 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

No thanks. I like BMO, but Shroeder is better suited.

I like BMO too, its a great bank.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,825 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

The thing is he can't still play. If he could, then he would still be playing.

So... What good is it to sign guys that can't still play?

I am not in love with the idea, but he can still play and for league min (pro rated at that) he would be a good insurance policy without going the trade route. What happens if we get an a roll, another center goes down and Kesler isn't back yet? I would personally prefer a veteran Morrison (with top 6 experience) to someone like Ebbet.

Even if he rides the pine or sits in the press box off and on. Hell we are doing that with Barker, Alberts

comeundone.gif

#46 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Me neither. I mean, last years training camp he performed way better than sturm and got cut. Terrible

Maybe Sturm outplayed him because he wasn't even in the training camp last year.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#47 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Maybe Sturm outplayed him because he wasn't even in the training camp last year.

PTO 2 years ago whatever, my point still gets across.

Posted Image

#48 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Edited by schlaBAM, 03 February 2013 - 04:16 AM.

Posted Image

#49 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

dp.

Posted Image

#50 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

PTO 2 years ago whatever, my point still gets across.

What's your point? Morrison wasn't cut, he opted out of the deal MG offered him. He also never played on the Canucks while Sturm was here.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#51 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

That's a lightweight 3rd line if I ever saw one!

#52 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Schroeder has been alrite i guess...

No real mistakes or anything; but by my take he needs to be more dynamic to justify his position. The coach is playing off him to protect him from match ups < watch the first two shifts of the Sharks game < and we need a match up third line centre who can take on the Joe Thornton's and Ryan Getzlaf's of the world. It's especially true while Kesler is out! If cant handle the match ups, he'd better be scoring!

Clearly BMO is not that guy either at this stage...

Actually in training camp he clearly earned a contract, but we low balled him and offered a 2 way deal. We did mishandle him, as he was better than alot of people in our camp and could have been a great addition.

And it was 10/11, not 11/12. It wouldn't have cut into Cody's time, Cody rarely played for us in the regular season and when he did he was on the 4th line.

I don't want him this time around though Schroeder has proven to be plenty capable.

#53 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I would love to get BMO back!!

#54 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I guess you make a better GM then MIke gillis.

He was a last might invite, because HE HAD NO CONTRACT with any team. So we did him a favor and offered him a tryout which is fine.

He is on a tryout, so he can be cut at anytime.

I swear to god, I listed all the valid points of not offering Morrison a one way contract.

First off, he was an unsigned UFA. MIke Gillis was kind enough to do him a favor, which was give him a tryout. Peter Schaefar also got an invitation to try out for the Vancouver Canucks.

By the end of the try out, MIke Gillis asked him if he was ok with a 2 way contract. Keep in mind, Morrison needs to know, that the 2nd centerman position is taken by Ryan Kesler, who had a monster season. Brenden Morrison is f in out of his mind if he thinks he deserves a 2nd position after going through the entire summer unsigned.

Because he was on tryout contract, MIke Gillis has everyright not to offer anything. Because Brenden Morrison is an offensive player. He does not have the Grit to play on the 3rd line, and he is also 36 years old.

He went to the media after this, and critized the management for offering him a 2way contract. A player that was unsigned during the summer. That part I found rude and disgusting. Right away I responded to the Morrison thread at the time, that he's on a

But again, I wasn't aware that you and the other Canucks fans, can make a better decision then MIke Gillis and A.V. I forgot there are posters here, that can make decisions then our management team. I apologize for wasting your time. Becuase he out played some members of our bottom 6 players, he deserved a 1 way contract. MIke Gillis did a Generous thing, by giving him an oppurtunity to play a limited role for our team, gets cut, gives our organization the middle finger. 36 year old Centerman, thinks he's entired to jack all, on a try out contract. Good job Nucks fans. You guys really know your crap.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#55 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Couldn't hurt to have him if he's cheap I guess. Posted Image

#56 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

No. I think Schroder is better-suited now.
Posted Image

#57 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

As much as we all love Morrison, I still say we give it a pass.

When Kesler is back in the line up I think the centre's should be as follows.

Sedin
Kesler
Schroeder
Lapierre

#58 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I guess you make a better GM then MIke gillis.

He was a last might invite, because HE HAD NO CONTRACT with any team. So we did him a favor and offered him a tryout which is fine.

He is on a tryout, so he can be cut at anytime.

I swear to god, I listed all the valid points of not offering Morrison a one way contract.

First off, he was an unsigned UFA. MIke Gillis was kind enough to do him a favor, which was give him a tryout. Peter Schaefar also got an invitation to try out for the Vancouver Canucks.

By the end of the try out, MIke Gillis asked him if he was ok with a 2 way contract. Keep in mind, Morrison needs to know, that the 2nd centerman position is taken by Ryan Kesler, who had a monster season. Brenden Morrison is f in out of his mind if he thinks he deserves a 2nd position after going through the entire summer unsigned.

Because he was on tryout contract, MIke Gillis has everyright not to offer anything. Because Brenden Morrison is an offensive player. He does not have the Grit to play on the 3rd line, and he is also 36 years old.

He went to the media after this, and critized the management for offering him a 2way contract. A player that was unsigned during the summer. That part I found rude and disgusting. Right away I responded to the Morrison thread at the time, that he's on a

But again, I wasn't aware that you and the other Canucks fans, can make a better decision then MIke Gillis and A.V. I forgot there are posters here, that can make decisions then our management team. I apologize for wasting your time. Becuase he out played some members of our bottom 6 players, he deserved a 1 way contract. MIke Gillis did a Generous thing, by giving him an oppurtunity to play a limited role for our team, gets cut, gives our organization the middle finger. 36 year old Centerman, thinks he's entired to jack all, on a try out contract. Good job Nucks fans. You guys really know your crap.

I think you took this a little far.

We had a spot in our top 9 with Burrows out, and he played great in the pre-season and earned a contract, we were only willing to offer a 2 way when he clearly earned better. So he left, no surprise. He went and got the 1 way deal he was worthy of.

It's not a big deal, we could have maybe used him, but whatever it's not a big deal.

zackass.png

#59 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Schroeder has been alrite i guess...

No real mistakes or anything; but by my take he needs to be more dynamic to justify his position. The coach is playing off him to protect him from match ups < watch the first two shifts of the Sharks game < and we need a match up third line centre who can take on the Joe Thornton's and Ryan Getzlaf's of the world. It's especially true while Kesler is out! If cant handle the match ups, he'd better be scoring!

Clearly BMO is not that guy either at this stage...

We can create a 4th line that can do that and be that checking line.

Manny - Lappy - Volpatti/Weise

But normally we use Kesler against top teams lines anyways. I think if JS continues this play he s on the team, and he will help provide nice secondary scoring.

zackass.png

#60 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would take the chance on him. He played great in that preseason, then had a good season with Calgary. If he is healthy he would be a good 3rd line center, or even a depth guy.

The only reason I wouldn't take him is if it kept us from making a FA signing out of college or a trade due to cap space.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.